Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else stuck with 8x on the PCIe lane width in system profiler when using the UEFI bios? I recall in the earlier versions of the BIOS there was a setting "Turbo USB3.0" that, when disabled, unlocked the lane width to 16x for your GPU. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see this setting in the u1h BIOS.

Thanks...

PS - I know this isn't OS X specific because the GPU is stuck at 8x in Win7 as well.

I don't recall any 8x issues on my UD3H with a gtx670. The system benchmarks within specs on the gpu. Even if it was locked Into 8x pci, you still have enough bandwidth for a single card without looser gpu power. Pci 2.0 x8 only starts to bottleneck at 3 way Sli.

I don't recall any 8x issues on my UD3H with a gtx670. The system benchmarks within specs on the gpu. Even if it was locked Into 8x pci, you still have enough bandwidth for a single card without looser gpu power. Pci 2.0 x8 only starts to bottleneck at 3 way Sli.

I realize I'm not really taking any sort of performance hit...just annoys me that I don't see 16x:) I'll try another GPU and see if it makes any difference. Just out of curiosity, what does your system profiler list for the lane width?

I realize I'm not really taking any sort of performance hit...just annoys me that I don't see 16x:) I'll try another GPU and see if it makes any difference. Just out of curiosity, what does your system profiler list for the lane width?

If you have any other PCIe card, the Graphics card lane becomes 8x.

Hello guys!

Thank you so so much Alfa147x for this article! I've been struggling to get ML up and running at full speed since forever!
Made it now, thanks to your tips!
Geekbench in 10.7.4: 12300
Geekbench in Windows 7: 11400
Geekbench in 10.8.2 (after following your tutorial and updating to U1h bios): 13801 (previously, running F9 bios, i'd gone down to 5800 under ML)

One question though:
Is it possible to update from this build?
I've got this supplemental update Apple's trying to push on me. I've downloaded it. How do I safely install it? Or should I install it from the AppStore? Or should I stay with what I have and just be happy! :)
OSX10.8.2SuppUpd2.0.dmg

Thanks again, man!

Later edit: Nevermind, I backed up and just went for standard AppStore update! Now I have 12C60 installed and works like a charm! Only thing I did different for my configuration, was the stuff with the ATI6000Controller.kext , kindly detailed by Colton328 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

For all you GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + Sandy users out there, this tutorial is the way to go, IMO! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 5.02.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 5.02.42 PM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 7.04.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 7.04.39 PM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 345
Guys some help please!
After following this tutorial and updating to U1h bios on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 everything works like charm, both in WIndows and in Mountain Lion, but there's this small weird issue that goes like this:

My initial setup

SATA3 0: Boot SSD for MacOS (Kingston V200 128GB)
SATA3 1: Boot SSD for Windows (Kingston V200 128GB)
GSATA3 0: Data HDD for MacOS (1TB Seagate 7200rpm / 32mb buffer)
GSATA3 1: Data HDD for Windows (2TB Seagate 7200rpm / 32mb buffer)

This never had any trouble and worked fine until i went on and installed uefi bios. Now, I get this weird behavior:

If I leave the PC off over night, when I turn it on in the morning I either get a freeze on the greet screen with UEFI Dual Bios, bla bla or it tells me it can't read any OS from the HDD... when I check the execution order in the Bios, i see that it chose as boot drive one of my data drives even if I picked the order as stated above. I redo the order and it all goes smoothly. I save and it's all good (although sometimes it hangs randomly on the UEFI Dual Bios greet screen...).

So far, the only working solution I could find was swapping the ports on the motherboard and having this config:

GSATA3 0: Boot SSD for MacOS (Kingston V200 128GB)
GSATA3 1: Boot SSD for Windows (Kingston V200 128GB)
SATA3 0: Data HDD for MacOS (1TB Seagate 7200rpm / 32mb buffer)
SATA3 1: Data HDD for Windows (2TB Seagate 7200rpm / 32mb buffer)

This is just a workaround, though, and I still get hangs at the Dual Bios Boot screen... But at least, once I press the power button again, it starts smoothly with the right drive (it's as if on this UEFI config, the GSATAs were configured to be default boot)

Do you have any clue? Should I reflash my bios, or any suggestions to make sure I can set a permanent boot order and not get that nasty hang at boot screen?

Thanks a lot!

Try using the other SATA ports instead of the GSATA and see what happens. It won't make any performance difference since a mechanical hard drive can't saturate a SATA III bus...

Hello,

Did anyone get the USB3 running on this board?

If I connect a USB Cardreader it gets detected but the card could not be activated.

Regards
Stefan

Thanks for this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back