• Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
  • Corsair CXM 600W Modular PSU
  • i5 4670k Quad Core CPU @3.39GHz
  • Cooler Master Seidon 120v Liquid CPU Cooling
  • 2x Samsung 24x SATA DVD Writers
  • 1TB Samsung HD103UJ HDD
  • TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter
  • Asus GeForce GT 610 2GB DDR3 GPU

I created the install USB of Mavericks following the tonymacx86 guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) for UniBeast and then Followed several other forum guides for the BIOS settings, Which are as follows;

• XHCI = Auto
  • XHCI Hand-Off = Enabled
  • EHCI Hand-Off = Enabled
  • XMP Memory Profile = Profile 1
  • SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
  • PCIe Slot Configuration = Gen3

This setup allows the install to function as if on a native system.

In case your install goes wrong here are some useful boot flags;

• -v
  • -x
  • GraphicsEnabler=No
  • PCIRooteUID=1
  • dart=0

Follow through the installation as the tonymacx86 guides tells you to, performing the correct formatting to your installation HDD/SSD.

Assuming your Mavericks system has installed properly and you've got to the desktop, what you want to do is launch Multibeast - from here, in order to get your sound working you'll need to download this DSDT.aml file;

Once in MultiBeast, choose UserDSDT and load the DSDT.aml file I linked above, this is a quick fix to get your sound working as the GA-Z87-HD3 Mobo has a weird sound error or something.

Once you've loaded the DSDT.aml go to the drivers tab and install;

• Audio - With DSDT - ALC892
  • Misc - FakeSMC V6.0.xxxx
  • Misc - USB 3.0 - Universal
  • Network - RealtekRTL81xx

You may need to install some more drivers from the Disk menu if you're using an SSD.
Next, in the Bootloaders tab select;

• Chimera v2.2.1

Hit the Customize tab, and select;

• Boot Options - Basic Boot Options
  • Boot Options - Generate CPU States
  • Boot Options - GraphicsEnabler=Yes
  • Boot Options - Hibernate Mode - Desktop
  • Boot Options - PCI Root ID Fix
  • Boot Options - Use KernelCache
  • Boot Options - 1080p Display Mode

The select the system definitions menu and select as follows;

• System Definitions - Mac Pro - Mac Pro 5,1

I did try it on the Mac Pro 6,1 definition and also the iMac 14,2 definition, but both cause kernel errors, so far the MP 5,1 definitions has worked great.

After you've selected everything, go to the build tab and install to your installation drive.

When all the Multibeast kexts have finished installing you'll need to navigate to System/Library/Extensions, from here you want to find the file "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext", move it to trash and then empty trash.

Once you've done all this, you'll want to go ahead and restart your system, and it should boot up perfectly.

I had to trial this installation several times and this guide is the result of several days of experimenting, my system is now functioning without error and running just like a normal Mac.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.22.20.png Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.21.09.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.21.31.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.21.42.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.22.04.png

I'm getting pretty shocking read/write speeds but thats just because I don't have an SSD

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 16.26.23.jpg

N.B.
The sound fix contained in the DSDT.aml file only fixes the Mobo sound and NOT the HDMI sound.

What Works;

• Sound
  • Airdrop
  • iMessage
  • Facetime
  • Appstore
  • Sleep/Wake
  • USB 3.0
  • Basically everything

What Doesn't Work;

• Time Machine, it caused a system crash

After 2 weeks of hard work i am finally done!:clap::clap::clap:

Hey thanks very much for this...

I made this same build 1 week ago, Z87-HD3 with i5-4670k. I found this thread because I was googling if I could configure my system as an iMac 14,2.... but I won't mind configuring mine to a Mac Pro 5,1 like yours. I am very new to hackintoshing, and still feels like I'm climbing the learning curve.

I am having the sound issues, as I installed it DSDT-Free. Basically this happened the past 2 consecutive days: despite having installed the ALC892 driver from Multibeast, I left my hackintosh on for a long time... then after resuming login I found that sound disappeared altogether, and in System Information the Audio reverted to 'Apple audio'. I'll play with the audio DSDT that you linked to and see what the outcome is.

I also have another query really: I'm using a GTX650Ti, and the display is onto my Samsung Plasma TV. I know that there are links around that point to getting HDMI working, but I got confused by them and haven't tried it yet. I also haven't yet started trying out different settings and things regarding bootloaders, kexts, etc. Is it okay if I ask for your help in getting that sorted in the next few weeks?

Thanks again.

My build:
Gigabye GA-Z87-HD3
Intel Core i5-4670k
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB single stick DDR3 1600MHz RAM
MSI Geforce GTX650Ti Power Edition 1GD/5OC
WD 500GB 2.5" 5400rpm SATA HD (OSX drive is in this disk)
Samsung 320GB 2.5" 5400rpm SATA HD (Windows and Ubuntu on this disk)
Samsung 320GB 2.5" 5400rpm SATA HD (Storage)
Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA HD (FSX and flight sim drive for Windows)
Cougar Archon 5MM5 Mid Tower case w/ 500W Cougar ST-500 PSU
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo for CPU Cooling

hi,

i basically have the same system, i havnt put it all together yet as im still working on another system, but does this unit have hdmi sound output from the MOBO

Hi the audio going of when waking from sleep has always done this for me. But the fix is very very easy use the audio kext from multi beast 6.0.1 and it works on every version of osx10.9. I am now on osx10.9.4 and works even from sleep :).

@ammark19xx
@b11ggx
@beastyboy

Recently upgraded the system to Yosemite, works fine, no crashes or kernel panics as of yet. The sound works perfectly even from sleep with the DSDT .aml i linked to download in the original post. You just have to play around with the output settings in System preferences, HDMI audio DOES work, but I prefer not to use it as it limits the control over the audio i have from the computer itself...

Only got a few problems,
1-iMessage no longer works (standard issue)
2-FaceTime, same as above.
3-I'm getting the weird keyboard lockout thing when you first try to login, it's like it's not recognized by the system?...
4-Only half of my USB ports work, they're all USB 3.0 so it's strange that only some have stopped working.

:thumbup:

I also upgraded to Yosemite direct from Mavericks. I was having quite a few problems that I didn't have the patience to troubleshoot one by one, so I erased my partition and did a clean Yosemite install.

My previous problems with the Mavericks upgrade was that on boot I would always have to use bootflag -f, otherwise it kept getting stuck at "still waiting for root device". Even after that, starttup would be inconsistent, with the computer freezing once every 3-4 times. Another major pain I was having was with some meddling I had done trying to use Clover in Mavericks earlier. Clover would not be able to boot, saying boot1: error. And the third problem I was facing was that I had fiddled with Chimera earlier on, and due to a bug in the Nvidia drivers (or so I read), the OS would boot, but there would be no signal to my screen. I could however VNC into the OS and use it through a VNC terminal all fine in those cases.

To eliminate the no sound after wake up in Mavericks, I had installed the ALC892 driver for Mountain Lion, and it worked fine. Problem with Yosemite altogether so far for me is that I have no sound whatsoever. By the way, I have always installed DSDT-Free in Multibeast. I'm still troubleshooting this.

As a result I just backed up my files and did a clean Yosemite install from Unibeast and did a clean Chimera install. However, I've used DSDT-Free and without reading up, tried installing ALC892 driver from Multibeast. I do not get any sound so far.

I will be trying this now to see how it goes.

ps: Part of why I tried Clover was to get iMessage and Facetime working. According to this, only a Clover boot, with iMessageDebug afterwards will make it work.

I was having the same sound issues after a clean Yosemite install and the way I got around it was by installing the ALC892 kext using multibeast, then edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist located in the extra folder. I changed the value of

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key> <string>01000000</string>

to

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>02000000</string>

then selected correct audio output device in sound properties after reboot.

Hope this helps

Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See my post here. The MultiBeast for Yosemite audio drivers work when you set the Sound System Preference pane according to the way Yosemite setups audio.

@ammark19xx
@b11ggx
@beastyboy

Recently upgraded the system to Yosemite, works fine, no crashes or kernel panics as of yet. The sound works perfectly even from sleep with the DSDT .aml i linked to download in the original post. You just have to play around with the output settings in System preferences, HDMI audio DOES work, but I prefer not to use it as it limits the control over the audio i have from the computer itself...

Only got a few problems,
1-iMessage no longer works (standard issue)
2-FaceTime, same as above.
3-I'm getting the weird keyboard lockout thing when you first try to login, it's like it's not recognized by the system?...
4-Only half of my USB ports work, they're all USB 3.0 so it's strange that only some have stopped working.

:thumbup:

Hi

Did you just upgrade through the app store? I used your guide and a few others when I made my dual boot setup (Mavericks & Win8). Everything is working well but I'm a bit apprehensive in case I muck it all up being a newbie to this it's unknown territory. If going through the appstore is the easier way for me I definitely want to do that and I'd obviously prefer not to have to reinstall all my apps etc.

Thanks,

Hey,

I was curious if you've generated a SSDT file for your machine .. and why are you using MacPro 3,1 when the system is an I5 Haswell?

You probably already know this that the system doesn't require a DSDT but I wanted to ask you if you generated one anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back