Contribute
Register

[Success] Guide Acer Aspire A715-74G-78KF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, sorry man only saw your post now.

Yes I'm on Catalina 15.3

You should have the same settings for UHD630 then me, although mine is 12mb.

I used the Hackintool to generate those settings. Then I paste it into clover under Devices/Properties
You're running Catalina now?

Cool, I'll look into that soon. Is it just as 'easy' as Mojave? Any particulars regarding the Acer?

Hey, sorry man only saw your post now.

Yes I'm on Catalina 15.3

You should have the same settings for UHD630 then me, although mine is 12mb.

I used the Hackintool to generate those settings. Then I paste it into clover under Devices/Properties
It's ok man ! Thank-you for the above steps . I got everything working except hdmi and wifi/bt (ordered one from china) .
Working on OpenCore Bootloader now . Also you don't need the battery patch above if you're using VirtualSMC + plugins .

@fireCat Would you be interested in making a similar guide for Catalina?
Us Acer users would really appreciate that ;)

@fireCat really a nice detailed guide, for the hdmi output did you manage to make it work?

Warning:
Do not upgrade your bios to latest version. The product is shipped with Bios v1.08. Upgraded to the latest bios (V1.23) is a mistake. This bioss does not support SATA Mode AHCI. No way to change it in the bios after V1.23. The SATA mode setting disappeared. Fortunately the manufactures allowed me to backroll the bios back to V1.08.
You can update your BIOS to newer version, then change to SATA AHCI by pressing Ctrl+S in BIOS (Main tab): read here.

You can update your BIOS to newer version, then change to SATA AHCI by pressing Ctrl+S in BIOS (Main tab): read here.
It would have saved me a lot of hassle downgrading the bios if I knew this earlier :)

Thanks a million for the tip!

Great guide! How did you get your drives to show up in the installer, I selected AHCI but only my data HDD would show up, the only way for macOS to even detect the SSD's is to select RST but it causes the installer to crash while booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back