Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GTX 980 only one Port functional [Sierra Asrock z97 Extreme 6, i7 4790K, GTX 980, 32Gb]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
Intel 4790k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I rebuild my Hackintosh after my last Mb died (a gigabyte board) and because the shop has no GA boards with z97 I got the Asrock z97 Extreme 6.
My Cpu is the 4790K and I own 32Gb and the above mentioned gtx980.
Today I want to add a second Monitor and noticed Only one of my ports on the 980 is working in OSX. (wasn't able to test DVI)
I hope some buddy is able to help me, I really need more than one Port.
Onboard HDMI doesn't work either.
The 980 offers 5 Ports DP x3, HDMI and DVI.. with Windows all ports are working.

Hello,

Im not writing this to help you, but to ask you a few questions. I hope you dont mind :)
Im working for a while now on a hackintosh on exact the same hardware you are using.
Only difference is that im using a Geforce GTX970 card.
Im having problems with my Audio, Geforce drivers and booting the system without USB.
It seems like nothing im post-installing gets trough. Not even the system information gets updated.
Can you please tell me how you got your system working?

@chris22607 Which one is the only functional port? The HDMI?
Or is it any one port when booted?
Are you testing by hot-plugging?
Or booted with multi-monitors?
When you say not working, what does that mean? like no boot at all or black screen after boot sequence?

It be helpful to attach your IOReg and config.plist

Hello,

@GhostHitWall At first, thank you for your help. I hot-pluged and booted with the monitors.. but it refused to work. And not working means Blackscreen with every Port except the one DP port.

But at the moment it works flawless. I asked this question on ****** as well and got their some help. Someone told me to disable Nvida inject in the config.plist, because this could lead to those problems on some of the 900 cards.

@RoyalID I had the same Problems and after hours of searching I found this.
This guide should help you to make your SSD "bootable" but really follow the instructions ! ;D .

p.s. I will attach my config later this day. At the moment I'm unable to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back