internal
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

just in case anyone else stumbles upon the same problem: I just found out how to enable a GT730 graphics card on my Z77 DS3H board and 10.10.5.
I used to run Mac OS using the onboard graphics, but then needed support for 2560x1440 pixels - which is not supported by this board.

I took a lot of turns with lots of try and error involved - after all, adding nvda_drv=1 to the kernel options might just do it. I took the detour around NVIDIA web drivers, which might not be necessary.

To use the NVIDIA web driver:

• after installing card, boot with nv_disable=1
  • install NVIDIA Web Driver from here
  • make sure that nvda_drv=1 is in the kernel flags of /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (appearantly, this is done by the NVIDIA installer)
After all, this is the config I run now and that works for me.
My setup was more complicated, since I run a Fusion Drive - which cost me a lot try and error, since I forgot I had to modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in the hidden helper partitions.

Bye
MT

I know this is a long time ago, but have you tried this card with the new releases of macOS yet? If so were you succesful? In my current setup I have a gt 630 (as you can see), but that one got another use and my new gt 730 is already on the way. I'm really curious if this is going to work with El Capitan/Sierra.

@oberrocker what IOS you installed series bro>? mojave? can u share the configuration >/? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back