Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is now working as planned!
I eventually reinstalled from fresh using Unibeast which was much easier tbh, had internet on first boot and it was even showing up properly in network config off the bat... selected just the realtek 1150 drivers in Multibeast setup and then installed clover as bootloader and it all seemed to go smoothly. Still not 100% sure exactly what it was that made it work this way round... Didn't even have to use Toledas command i don't think... Im still new to this game but slowly learning.

With the sleep thing:
I know its not a perfect fix, but a solid workaround if you've just got a simple stereo setup.
Ive found that if you use the 3rd line output rather than the 1st default "internal speaker" then the audio stays fine after sleep. I think the port is labelled "rear" on the back of the MOBO.

With the sleep thing:
I know its not a perfect fix, but a solid workaround if you've just got a simple stereo setup.
Ive found that if you use the 3rd line output rather than the 1st default "internal speaker" then the audio stays fine after sleep. I think the port is labelled "rear" on the back of the MOBO.

Hey neato! That works! Thank you!

EDI: ah but while that works for OS X, that audio port doesn't work under Windows. Like you said it's a good temporary fix though!

Still a noob and finding restoring audio to be very very difficult :(

Is it possible for you to do a video or a noob guide? lol. Thanks!

Your guide helped me gain audio, thanks!

Ok, anyone else able to get Windows to dual boot with Clover? I have a Windows 7 HDD alongside Yosemite on my SSD, and while Clover sees my Windows partitions, it won't boot from them. Any help on how to get Yosemite and Windows booting from Clover would be great. I have been hitting F12 to get into boot options to boot Windows 7 and would like to use Clover instead.

Just want to say THANK YOU to allgrey, awesome guide! Worked out perfectly.....after a few early stumbles.

Question I have, though, & haven't found a real solid answer to around Boot Camp or using Parallels/Fusion. Has anyone been able to use Boot Camp for a Windows 7 install? Curious if I could do a VMware Fusion install with Win7 maybe if Boot Camp is off the table...

Thanks!

Just want to say THANK YOU to allgrey, awesome guide! Worked out perfectly.....after a few early stumbles.

Question I have, though, & haven't found a real solid answer to around Boot Camp or using Parallels/Fusion. Has anyone been able to use Boot Camp for a Windows 7 install? Curious if I could do a VMware Fusion install with Win7 maybe if Boot Camp is off the table...

Thanks!

Skip bootcamp. You'll want to do an install of Windows either to another drive and setup Clover to boot to that Windows drive OR run Fusion. I run Fusion inside OS X and it's very nice.

I haven't taken the time to try and dual boot Windows in Clover. I know it's relatively simple. From the sounds of what another user is saying, they may simply be having issues setting the right boot partition for Windows and that's why they have to F12.

There seems to be some great help and advice going on in this thread, so I'll toss my problems into the mix. I'm using very similar hardware to the OP:

Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard
i7 4790k
16GB Ballistix Sport RAM
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I've been trying for a few days to get Yosemite installed via Clover. I can get to the Clover bootloader screen with no problems, but the furthest I've been able to get in the OS X installer is a "OS X cannot be installed on this computer" nondescript error screen.

I've tried using the attached config file from the OP of this thread, no luck. I've added kext-dev-mode=1 to the boot arguments, still no luck. I also previously tried generating a config from scratch using Clover Configurator and a guide found on another site. All have given me the same result. I'm gone through several guides on setting up the BIOS the way it needs to be.

I should also note that prior to attempting a Clover install, I tried the Unibeast/Multibeast way a couple times -- I was able to get the system installed, but after finishing things off with MultiBeast I would consistently get stuck in reboot loops. I'd prefer to use Clover if possible, as it seems that it'd give me more ways to correct problems from the bootloader if things go wrong later.

At this point I'm really stumped and not sure what else I can try. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back