Hi,

My config:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU i7 4790K
RAM: 32Gb DDR3
Graphic: GeForce 740 SC 4Gb
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 1Tb
SSHD: Barracuda 4Tb
WiFi/Bluetooth: BCM94360CD BT4.0 Wireless Network Card+BCM94360CD to PCI-E Express Adapter /f PC (very nice!) this
Box: Fractal Define R4 with 2 fans (a bit bigger than I needed, but it's a really nice and silent box)
Two extra NF-F12 fans
Thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual (this) (NOTE, that this cooler requires a lot of space, thus you'll need a bigger cabinet!)

Finally, after a small week of trying, I figured out why I had troubles installing El Capitan. Problem was, so I think, that I partitioned my SSD Samsung EVO 850 and tried to have both Yosemite and El Capitan. They were just troubles and troubles. Well, don't go that way, if you'd like to follow my advise.

Just go with a single partition. Have single RAM installed into the slot closest to CPU. Follow standard instructions and that's it.

Works:
WiFi
Videocard (with NVidea drivers for EC 10.11.3)
LAN
Sound (both on front and on back) output+input. Be aware, that mic input in the front panel mayby uses stereo plug, but I plugged mono and couldn't get sound inside. Turned out I needed to twist it few times - and that was it.
Overclocks to 4.7GHz (see EDIT note)
Max temp during Geekbench 63 deg Celsius. Score: 20107.

All works (what I've tested).

Many thanks to Tony and all other guys. Love your work.

Good bless you!

EDIT:
I run Easy Tune and can see, that highest stabil OC is 4.7. Geeklog went just to 20107.

I reinstalled EC 10.11.3 with MultiBeast and used config attached to the next post. Samsung EVO 850 works like a charm AND sound comes back after sleep, as well as everything else.

Temperature during GeekBench does not go above 63 C.

Last edited:
Hi,
Want to reinstall from Yosemite to EL Cap as well. Have you followed the official tonymac guide?
Can you please post your Multibeast config? I have very similar configuration except I have nvidia GTX 760. Did you have to do any post install tweaks?

Thx for reply

Egonator

Of course, my config file is enclosed. I'm now experimenting with iMac 14,2 definition. Seems all works all right.

I couldn’t though upgrade to 10.11.4. System will not start up. I can’t get login screen. So after like 7 attempts I decided to stay with 10.11.3.

Cheers.

Attachments

• myConfigBeast.mb
    4.3 KB · Views: 171
I'm building a system pretty much the same as yours in the coming weeks. Just waiting for components to arrive.

Good to know it should go quite smoothly. Are you going to leave the overclock at 4.7? Also, are you saying that you only installed a single stick of RAM for installation and then added the remaining sticks once installed?

I'm running 32gb also.

Cheers

Yes start with 1 RAM closest to CPU. Add rest of the RAM and graphic card AFTER system is installed and you run Multibeast to complete installation. Turn machine off. Install Graphics and rest of the RAM. Then boot, go to the bios, re-configure Graphics to work with the card (PCI slot). Boot again and off it goes.

OC goes up to 4.7. I will though recommend using different cooler. I've changed mine to Thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual (this). The fan above RAM will not go inside all the way down because of the RAM, but my cabinet is big enough, so it's OK with me.

The other thing to keep in mind is CPU voltage. Some places recommend keep it 1.5 - 1.55 V. From my experience when OC @4.7 and above (I could take it to 4.9GHz) mind to lower voltage as it keep CPU temperature below 72 deg.

If you decide to take it above 4.7GHz I recommend to do it in a few steps:

1) Start at lower OC and let it run for 15-20 min.
2) Reboot and go directly to bios and tweak frequency higher and voltage lower (bun not lower than 1.5V).
3) Restart again.
4) You’d need to switch to the first profile when starting machine again in cool condition. :crazy:

I made a few profiles in my bios for this. And I can gradually increase frequency that way. Computer will not start from cool condition directly to the highest performance, as tweaked voltage would be too low. It's good for exercise, vanity and some figures above 21000 with geekbench.

And for further consideration:

In practice performance with OC above 4.7GHz won’t blow a wind in your hair, but it leaves sad feeling that the system might break anytime.

Happy Hackintoshing :headbang:

My WiFi & Bluetotth card just arrived. Installation out of the box. Very cool! All works now.

BCM94360CD BT4.0 Wireless Network Card+BCM94360CD to PCI-E Express Adapter /f PC

Link to card here.

Longer waiting time, but it's worth.

hi guys,
my config is nearly the same:
mother board:gigabyte Z97-D3H
CPU: i7 4790k
SSD : samsung evo 850 250Go
HDD : seagate 1To
ram : fury 4x8go
power block: corsair RM 650

first i tried to install with all but never works...
now i bring out the HDD and the graphic card and the instalation is ok and finish well.
my problem is that i can't reboot :the loading bar is stoping at 2/3 and never finish.
does any body can help me..
i'm trying to reinstal by creating an other time the bootable USB drive and i only let 1 ram bar of 8go...

Make sure you have FakeSMC installed

ok it worked well yesterday afternoon.
but this morning i start my computer and the loading bar is full but don't open El Capitan..:rolleyes:
i really don't understand yesterday i tried to start and restart and everything was good.
the only thing i have done is installing the nvidia drivers for El Capitan 10.11.3....
:crazy:

ok i found the problem...
i let the flash disk of the drivers plugged and it made a conflict.:shh:
everything goes well.
thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back