Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I thought i would post my success with El Capitan to help people who would have bought the same hardware as me, especially since these parts are in the recommended hardware but did not work out of the box.

This is pretty simple as it just follows the tonymac guide that you can find here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

There is just one problem, if you just follow it, you will be stuck at the progress bar when booting from the usb key (for El Capitan and Yosemite as well).

So there you go:

1- Create your USB key using Unibeast 6.0, make sure you choose the UEFI boot mode

2- Start your computer and enter the bios. This new BIOS was a bit confusing at first and i could not find any of the bios settings, but it turns out that you just need to look for the "classic mode" and you can then load the optimized default, and disable vt-d, etc...

3- You can now boot from the USB key, but at the clover screen, you need to go into "options" to enter some boot flags otherwise you will be stuck at 1/3 of the loading (black screen with the apple logo).

So after searching for it a lot, i found out that the needed boot flags are:
dart=0 -x -v maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

dart=0 should already be there, but you need the maxmem if you have more than 4gb of ram.
for some reason -x is mandatory as well and -v is just to see what is happening.
npci and nv_disable may not both be necessary, but when i tried them, i just booted and i was able to install by following the rest of the guide.

4- You can now follow the rest of the guide, it's pretty straight forward, and it boots extremely quickly, i even have two 22 screens, one via HDMI and the other via DVI and it works just like with my MacPro, it is very fluid, even sleep wake works fine.

Everything works perfectly fine:

Audio realtek ALC887
Ethernet
Dual screen at full resolution
Sleep/Wake

I hope this will help someone, because i was stuck a long time with these boot flags.

Same setup for me with i5 4460 but still no audio devices in system preferences/sounds.

I didn't need Option in clover to succed in installing El Capitan (exept audio;-) ), no black screen...

I got around the same specs just that my board is ga z97 d3h and 8 gb of ram, but I can't get to the installer, it stuck at "missing Bluetooth" despite trying different boot list. Am I missing any steps? Anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

What is your mobo bios version?
I'm using Z97-HD3 rev1.0, it works well in bios version F3.
But it always freeze when in version F9, not able to rollback F3

how did you get audio to work i was able to install el capitan i have z97-hd3 using intel 4600 graphics

<Unsuccessful> Gigabyte Z97-HD3 rev 2.1 - i54690K - 16Gb Ram -HD4600 El Capitan install.

Unibeast 6.1 Clover UEFI Mode

boot flags: dart=0 -x -v maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

last Verbose output:
pci configuration end, bridges 5, devices 12

I tried your commands, but I'm still stuck.. :/

12204991_10206247746125806_1446188022_n.jpg

Does anyone know a solution for this? :)

Hi Everyone,

I thought i would post my success with El Capitan to help people who would have bought the same hardware as me, especially since these parts are in the recommended hardware but did not work out of the box.

This is pretty simple as it just follows the tonymac guide that you can find here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

There is just one problem, if you just follow it, you will be stuck at the progress bar when booting from the usb key (for El Capitan and Yosemite as well).

So there you go:

1- Create your USB key using Unibeast 6.0, make sure you choose the UEFI boot mode

2- Start your computer and enter the bios. This new BIOS was a bit confusing at first and i could not find any of the bios settings, but it turns out that you just need to look for the "classic mode" and you can then load the optimized default, and disable vt-d, etc...

3- You can now boot from the USB key, but at the clover screen, you need to go into "options" to enter some boot flags otherwise you will be stuck at 1/3 of the loading (black screen with the apple logo).

So after searching for it a lot, i found out that the needed boot flags are:
dart=0 -x -v maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

dart=0 should already be there, but you need the maxmem if you have more than 4gb of ram.
for some reason -x is mandatory as well and -v is just to see what is happening.
npci and nv_disable may not both be necessary, but when i tried them, i just booted and i was able to install by following the rest of the guide.

4- You can now follow the rest of the guide, it's pretty straight forward, and it boots extremely quickly, i even have two 22 screens, one via HDMI and the other via DVI and it works just like with my MacPro, it is very fluid, even sleep wake works fine.

Everything works perfectly fine:

Audio realtek ALC887
Ethernet
Dual screen at full resolution
Sleep/Wake

I hope this will help someone, because i was stuck a long time with these boot flags.

Hi thysm00
Could you upload and post your zipped Clover folder to see your booting configuration files (config.plist, kexts, drivers, etc)? I just bought this Mobo and I want to make a smooth migration from my existing build.

[Epi Fail] Help Needed - Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI

GA-Z97N-WIFI
i7-4790k - lga1150
8 gig corsair 1866mhz
video built in

Im so frustrated a little help would be greatly appreciated
I tried all the standard bios switches but when verbose boot I get to the Bluetooth load and the whole thing resets.

I pulled the bluetooth/wifi card thinking maybe that was the issue.
I have flipped the IGP and Graphics
Enablers yes/no flags. I have tried the npci flags .. no luck. Stripped down to one sim

I bought this board because it was in the supported list. Im really at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back