Components

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H //

Intel Core i7-4790K //

16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram //

Nvidia GTX 660TI //

Samsung 840 Evo //

Corsair H80i //

Before the build.

This is my first hackintosh build I have done, and coming from a gaming built AMD machine I would like to think I know what I am doing with computers. As I do a lot of video and audio production I thought I would take the plunge into a Hackintosh as I have most of the parts already. With just having to change the MotherBoard and CPU I was already 3 times better off that buying an iMac

Just a warning before just so you don't run into as many problems as I do. Make sure that your board is booting to Bios with your 4790k. If not get an Intel G3220 and update the Bios to F10 of your Motherboard. After doing this your processor will be recognized and you are ready to start the build and install Yosemite.

The Build

Bios Settings:

Before you do anything make sure all the settings on the BIOS are correct for you to install Mac OS X on your system.

For my build I changed the following options:

1. VT-d -> disabled
2. Wake on LAN -> disabled
3. Intel Turbo Boost -> disabled
4. Audio Controller -> Auto
5. Intel Processor Graphics -> disabled
6. XHCI Mode -> Auto
7. XHCI Hand-Off -> Enabled
8. ECHI Hand-Off -> Enabled

This is what I found to work best with no hiccups and to have a clean running system.

Installation:

Now we are able to start the install of OS X Yosemite (or you chosen system) and this is where the fun begins.

I would recommend using Tony's Guide with UniBeast and fingers crossed with these chosen parts you should get an easy boot up into the installer with no need for and flags, and a clean install which should boot up first time!

I came from Mavericks 10.9.5 and used Tony's Upgrade guide, the only problem I ran into was that it couldn't find the Mach_Kenerl when booting from the hard drive. All you need to do is
go to Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and remove these two lines:

Code:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

Or change the string to the correct directory, like so:

Code:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

Make sure you follow letter casing as well.

Post Installation:

Now you have installed Mac OS X Yosemite on your hackintosh...YAAAAY!? Just one final step and you have a fully bootable Mac computer.

Run Mulitbeast Yosemite edition once you have booted into your system and install the bootloader and your drivers onto your main hard drive where you install the operating system.

My load out looked like this...
Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 18.08.24.jpg

Now you should be able to reboot, and boot from your hard drive with no problems. If you run into any problems please feel free to ask me any questions and I will help best I can.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 18.08.24.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 18.08.24.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 811
Thank you for share with us your hackintosh build

Im actually interesting on this build with exactly those components, but I'd like to ask you what work and what not, like sound, bluetooth, etc...

Thank you!

No worries at all, everything works like a dream!? I got a bluetooth adaptor and that works perfectly! The only problem I have found is with the sound, works but I get this weird cut outs now and then, like a stutter for 0.5 seconds. VERY ANNOYING....trying to find a fix for it now!

EDITED - Now have the audio working....plugging the cable into the Orange input on the back and now I get no cut outs....YAAAY :D

Thanks for sharing!
I have the exact HW config as yours even simpler - I use internal Intel 4600 and SATA, no ssd.
Maverick is running just fine. I use Clover to boot.
I played a bit with installing Yosi to a new partition, but was not able to complete the installation after the first reboot. No matter what.

Hey there,

I have installed Yosemite on my computer. I tried to install Win7 together and it works, same hdd. I got everything working perfectly except for this damn audio driver! :banghead:

I have no idea how many times I have rebooted Yosemite, seen it stuck somewhere, re-installed it and tried some other Multibeast option.

I have GA-Z87X-UD4H with a i7 4770k cpu. I do not use any graphic card, the onboard one with the HDMI is just fine for me. The hdd is an SSD OCZ 128GB.

I know I should flag the ALC898 Realtek, I did it but nothing happened.

Pleeeeease :confused:

Hello

I am facing one weird issue on my hackintosh Yosemite 10.10.2
PC config
i5 4670k
Nvidia gtx 660ti
Gigabyte z87 md3h

I am getting green pixels randomly only when i watch videos . I installed web driver too and same issue ..
Didnt face this issue on windows and linux mint .. Any way to fix this ?

I'm getting the green and purple pixels too just recently. My windows 7 boot runs fine playing gta 5. But when doing video editing on OS X Mavericks, I see those annoying pixels.

Could you please help me, my Yosemite install seem to install fine and boot up ok and everything, but every time I Seem to install toast 11 or add email accounts it gets to the white apple screen and gets stuck but this only happens on SSD drive over 120GB, on my OCZ 120GB SSD everything works fine, but the strange thing it was working before on my Samsung 840 EVO before with Yosemite but I had to do a reinstall and now it wont work can someone please help me !!

Gigabyte z87x-ud4h

I3 processor

gtx 650

Samsung 840evo ssd

Do you have full performance on your GTX660? I have a GTX660 to, but with low performance.
No idea what might be wrong... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back