Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update: See my comment below, I was able to get this working with some more BIOS/booter tweaks. My GPU needs to be spoofed still, though, so that's up next.

I'm trying my hand at a second build, with a fresh Ventura install. My previous build has worked quite well for ~5 years, but looking to upgrade the hardware.

I've tried to piece together my boot USB for the initial Ventura install, but I can't even get past the initial boot screen. After select "Install macOS Ventura", I immediately get the following errors. I can't seem to find log outputs from the boot on the USB drive, so this is from a photo of the screen with some OCR and typos fixed up as best as I could.

I would appreciate any help in fixing the booting. I've tried to follow a few different instructions for Z790/13th-gen configs with no success. I configured USB mapping using USBToolBox after installing Windows on the computer. I noticed that the GUID is related to the boot args, here are my current boot args: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=1 -wegnoigpu

Code:
#[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"<null string>"> <"1">
#[EB.B.SBS|SZ] 719416
#[EB|B:SHA] (b5191201a37064be4e935f2843e424a2c1ad8517>
#[EB.WLB.PWLFNV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
#[EB.WL.DT|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.WL.PWLFNV
#[EB.WL.PWLFRTC|NONE]
#[EB.WL.DT|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.WL.PWLFRTC
#[EB.LD.LKC|D] <"System\Library\KernelCollections\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development">
#[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development"> <"0">
#[EB.LD.OFS|OPEN!] Err (0xE) <"System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development">
#[EB.LD.LKC|R.2] <"System\Library\KernelCollections\BootKernelExtensions.kc">
#[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc"> <"0">
#[EB|SB:P] 0x1
#[EB|SB:SBGMFNS] j160ap.im4m
#[EB|SB:MF] System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc.j160ap.im4m
#[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtenslons.kc.j160ap.im4m"> <"0">
#[EB|SB:MKRN]
#[EB.LD.LKFS|-?] Ok(0)
#[EB.LD.LKC|-?] Ok(0)
#[EB|BST:REV1]
#[EB|CSR:OUT] Ox00000040
#[EB.BST.FBS|+]
#[EB.BST.FBS|ADSZ] 0
#[EB.BST.FBS|KSSZ] 0
#[EB|SB:SBGMFNS] j16Bap.im4m
#[EB|RH:PF] usr\standalone\OS.dmg.root_hash
#[EB|RH:MF] <"usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root_hash.j160ap.im4m">
#[EB.LD.LF|IN] 0 1 <"usr\\standalone\\OS.dmg.root._hash"> <"0">
#[EB.LD.OFS|OPEN!] Err(0xE) <"usr\\standalone\\0S.dmg.root_hash">
#[EB.RH.LRH|P!] Err(0xE) <- EB.LD.LF
#[EB.BST.FBS|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.RH.LRH
#[EB|LOG:DT] 2023-01-17T23:53:45
#[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-01-17T23:53:45

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 649
Last edited:
I've been trying to solve this for a week now... Tried pretty much everything
I've made a bit of progress, and I'm at least into the installer right now. I had to fiddle a bit with some booter and BIOS settings.

Start with these steps re: BIOS.

I believe the two main changes I made to the booter -> quirks settings that made the difference form that post was:
  1. Enabling SetupVirtualMap, which is apparently needed for Gigabyte boards. Ref 1, Ref 2
  2. The BIOS settings relating to BAR support, specifically setting ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0 after enabling BAR support in the BIOS
We will see if I can actually get this installed, but so far I'm in the installer with the ability to install/restore/etc.

I see you're running quite different hardware than mine. But the general error seems to be stemming from the boot loader failing to load. I wonder if NVRAM is supported by your BIOS or whatever, maybe you need to add something for that?

But the error loading wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 means the boot loader failed for some reason. Might be worth trying to find more on that specific motherboard/BIOS.

Code:
20:008 00:037 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

Means that the boot loader completed and handed over to the OS to continue.

But the error loading wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 means the boot loader failed for some reason.
Nonsense. Means no such thing. It is very often seen and is no cause for alarm.

Any reason the Gigabyte Z790 D (DDR4) would not work. I have plenty of good DDR4 ram so I don't want to spend money with DDR5 for now.
I imagine it should work fine. The chipset would play a much bigger part in whether the hackintosh would work or not.

Thank you for this EFI. helped a lot!
anyone have sleep/wake issues? going to remap the USBs soon, hopefully that helps

Any update here? I am going to build new PC based on 13700k

Any update here? I am going to build new PC based on 13700k
We all got it working. Use a cpufriend kext with data provider for maximum performance

Can you share your current EFI folder and some Cinebench and Geekbench results? Thank you so much

Back