MSI 560GTX
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After doing a lot of reading on here I am posting from my fully functional hackintosh!

I will write what I did to get everything working and all my parts so maybe I can help someone else like I have been.

1) I actually had ML running on the F10, F12, and UEFI Bios for this board. Obviously F10 & 12 require DSDT which I downloadedd from here. UEFI does not but required a little more Bios tweaking. Non-UEFI (F6-F12) all you have to change is AHCI and HPET settings. for the UEFI you have to disable VT-d. Ill take some screenshots when I get a chance.

2) I used my MSI video card as I have a HD-2000 based Sandy Bridge. PCIRootUID=0, got me into setup. On the non-UEFI bios I could just hit enter and get into setup.

3) From setup I just clicked my SSD (normal GUID formatting like every other writeup)

4) Once in ML, I used Multibeast (from the SSD not USB) with the below listed options
View attachment 36723View attachment 36724

5) After I ran Multibeast I restarted. Once I got back into ML I ran the Nvidia driver setup (Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx). I am using two Sammy 24" LCD's that work perfectly.

6) I have sleep working, all the iApps, (iCloud and iMessages (iTunes and Appstore ran fine) gave me some frustration on the non-UEFI bioses)

Here is some my hardware: (All working)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050I1P42/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-2500-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B004EBUXI0/
Gigabyte - Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.0
16GB Ram 8GB Corsair CL9-1600 8GB Patriot CL9-1600
Intel NIC (can't remember what model, the generic Intel drivers on MultiBeast work though)

I dont have a USB 3 device to test (sorry)
Sleep wakes from Keyboard and Mouse

I have attached my DMesg for people to see for C & P states too!

Geekbench is ~9750

Feel free to add to this thread if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer , though I am new at the MAC thing. if I remember more I'll add to this.

11/5/2012 --- currently having some sleep related issues from bluetooth... testing some different hardware... computer goes to sleep then immediately wakes back up.

Attachments

• DMesg.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 419
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 8.45.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 8.45.29 PM.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 676
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 8.45.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 8.45.11 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 579
Hello,
Nice Thread! :thumbup:
I have the same board, but it won't flash the Bios to UEFI :problem:
How did you flashed the Bios to UEFI?

Thanks in advance!
-Krik

Hello,
Nice Thread! :thumbup:
I have the same board, but it won't flash the Bios to UEFI :problem:
How did you flashed the Bios to UEFI?

Thanks in advance!
-Krik

I made a USB boot disk with the HP utility that floats around the web and a DOS Win98C image. Then took the zip file from Gigabyte and ran it after booting of the flash drive. I used the autoexec.bat in the directory to run the utility as intended.

Thanks for reply!

I'll try this soon.

-Krik

for the UEFI you have to disable VT-d. Ill take some screenshots when I get a chance.

Where do you find this VT-d to disable?
I'm having trouble on my B75M, I wanted to look at this one..
Thanks

It was an option along with Virtualization --- it may be under processor features (as it is one)
VT-d is a subset of Intel's Virtualization feature set. (Virtualization of Directed I/O)

Sleep doesnt work fine...

My system is:
core i7 3770k
8gb ram kingston 1333
z68x ud3h-b3 motherboard UEFI
nvidia gts 250
hard drive on marvell port.

everything is working but when i wake up the usb hardware (memory, keyboard and hard drives) are disconected and reconected at 2 seconds. what can i do.
i installed from unibeast and multibeast.

erything is working but when i wake up the usb hardware (memory, keyboard and hard drives) are disconected and reconected at 2 seconds. what can i do.
i installed from unibeast and multibeast.

Did you find a solution to the wakeup issue?
I experience the same problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back