Contribute
Register

Success! Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 - Intel I5 2500K - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 almost flawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Using Multibeast, Mountain Lion App Store, And Unibeast it was done in 30 minutes!!!

Heres the build

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 (F1 Bios) I downloaded the DSDT from tonymac
Intel I5 2500K Processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (EVGA Brand)
16 GB Memory
60 GB SSD System Drive
3 Storage Drives (2 1 TB Sata Drives, and a 500 GB Drive)
Bonus Windows SSD formatted with Windows 7 (32 GB)
Antec Dark Fleet Case

Guide:

Use unibeast to format USB Flash Drive with Mountain Lion from App Store
Boot from USB FLash Drive Install Mountain Lion To SSD System Drive
Install 10.8.2 Update
Run Multibeast With these Settings (User DSDT for motherboard, ALC 889 Audio, Lnx2mac Realtec Ethernet. Open CL Enabler for Apple NVIDIA Driver, IOStorageInjector, 3rd party sata to make drives appear internal)

Thats about it!!!

What Works:
Sound, Video, Internet This thing is really working good

What doesn't:
Sleep (I'm sure I can fix this but I never use it, if anyone has a tip let me know, it used to work on Lion)
Final Cut pro x 10.0.5 (graphics card issue)

Success! Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 - Intel I5 2400K - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 flawless install

Nice job! ;) Not many of us use this motherboard ( i didnt really understood why),but i'm very satisfied with it! :)

Success! Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 - Intel I5 2400K - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 flawless install

thanks for the reply.Seems like the performance is slightly better on mountain lion than 10.7, as well as my graphics card is finally getting 100% detected, in Lion it used to say "Unknown" graphics card... Smooth computer all around

Using Multibeast, Mountain Lion App Store, And Unibeast it was done in 30 minutes!!!

Heres the build

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 (F1 Bios) I downloaded the DSDT from tonymac
Intel I5 2500K Processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (EVGA Brand)
16 GB Memory
60 GB SSD System Drive
3 Storage Drives (2 1 TB Sata Drives, and a 500 GB Drive)
Bonus Windows SSD formatted with Windows 7 (32 GB)
Antec Dark Fleet Case

Guide:

Use unibeast to format USB Flash Drive with Mountain Lion from App Store
Boot from USB FLash Drive Install Mountain Lion To SSD System Drive
Install 10.8.2 Update
Run Multibeast With these Settings (User DSDT for motherboard, ALC 889 Audio, Lnx2mac Realtec Ethernet. Open CL Enabler for Apple NVIDIA Driver, IOStorageInjector, 3rd party sata to make drives appear internal)

Thats about it!!!

What Works:
Sound, Video, Internet This thing is really working good

What doesn't:
Sleep (I'm sure I can fix this but I never use it, if anyone has a tip let me know, it used to work on Lion)
Final Cut pro x 10.0.5 (graphics card issue)

Hi!

I need your help!
Please tell me how did you install the Mountain Lion on your motherboard?
I try to do it, but the only option i can get to installer is with -x key, otherwise it freezes.
After the installation of ML I get a freeze on booting up with and without -x key!

Can you please tell me how did you get it all to work?!

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I need your help!
Please tell me how did you install the Mountain Lion on your motherboard?
I try to do it, but the only option i can get to installer is with -x key, otherwise it freezes.
After the installation of ML I get a freeze on booting up with and without -x key!

Can you please tell me how did you get it all to work?!

Thanks in advance!

hey sorry to get back to you late... i used "unibeast" to install make sure you follow that guide and all should be well... make sure you install multibeast after installing mountain lion and use the settings i used u may need to install more drivers

you are very lucky. i have a 2500k with z68ap-d3 mobo too and i cannot get it to boot the mountain lion installer. i spent countless hours trying to get it to work. i even unplug all my peripherals to the bare minimal and used my my onboard gpu with no such luck.

i installed lion before and it everything went smoothly. i don't know why mountain lion is so challenging to install. it's ridiculous.

btw, i have the z68ap-d3 rev 2.0 with bios version FB. what is your mobo rev and bios version, OP? thanks

Your video card 6850 is probably the reason you can't properly boot from your unibeast.
You may want to disable ATI6000Controller.kext temporarily, by removing or renaming it.

btw, i have the z68ap-d3 rev 2.0 with bios version FB. what is your mobo rev and bios version, OP? thanks

you know what i had bios version f8 or something i dont remember exactly but i actually downgraded my bios on this motherboard to get the dsdt working. i went all the way back to version f1 this was a long time ago when i first got the mobo and installed OSX 10.7

as far as the installation its probobly a graphics card issue i know i had to buy a new gfx card that was compatible to get lion installed... idk if onboard gfx works or not since im using an nvidia card... sorry for the late response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back