Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X - i9 10850K - RX580 - OpenCore 0.9.1 4k - Ventura 13.3.1 - Video Editing

Hey @afuera I followed your guide and used your EFI folder information, however, when I go to install Big Sur on my setup I get the error "Platform Not Supported". Any thoughts? I posted my question here as well.

@afuera Hey on this build did you have any issues with constant wake from sleep? I have basically the exact same setup as you minus my CPU cooler and my computer won't stay asleep. It wakes randomly from something then it won't go back to sleep.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.07.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.07.04 PM.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 73
@afuera Hey on this build did you have any issues with constant wake from sleep? I have basically the exact same setup as you minus my CPU cooler and my computer won't stay asleep. It wakes randomly from something then it won't go back to sleep.
@tcolborg no, that never had happen to me with this build.

@afuera I'm trying to get a build up and running that is very similar to yours. I tried the Dortania guide with no success then I came across your post! I downloaded your EFI and config.plist (is it the same as inside the EFI?) but when I boot on my Big Sur USB Installer I get an error at the Gigabyte logo screen:

"OC: Grabbed zero systems-id for SB, this is not allowed"

I also noticed that the inside of you ACPI folder has dsl files as well as aml. Its also missing the recommended SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA for Comet Lake processors. Did I miss something in the guide or does it represent a change?

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X LGA 1200 Micro-ATX
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K Comet Lake
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2666Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Wi-Fi/BT: WTXUP for Broadcom BCM94360CS2 1200Mbps 802.11ac PCI-E Wireless WiFi Adapter WLAN Card Bluetooth 4.0
Storage: PNY CS1311 2TB 2.5” Sata III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD7CS1311-2TB-RB
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler

@afuera I'm trying to get a build up and running that is very similar to yours. I tried the Dortania guide with no success then I came across your post! I downloaded your EFI and config.plist (is it the same as inside the EFI?) but when I boot on my Big Sur USB Installer I get an error at the Gigabyte logo screen:

"OC: Grabbed zero systems-id for SB, this is not allowed"

I also noticed that the inside of you ACPI folder has dsl files as well as aml. Its also missing the recommended SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA for Comet Lake processors. Did I miss something in the guide or does it represent a change?

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X LGA 1200 Micro-ATX
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K Comet Lake
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2666Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Wi-Fi/BT: WTXUP for Broadcom BCM94360CS2 1200Mbps 802.11ac PCI-E Wireless WiFi Adapter WLAN Card Bluetooth 4.0
Storage: PNY CS1311 2TB 2.5” Sata III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD7CS1311-2TB-RB
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler
I've never had this happen to me, but from I could search online maybe this can help:
Go to Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel and make sure is set to Disabled

Afuera's Gigabyte Z490m Giman X Hackintosh (Video Editing FCPX and Adobe Suite Machine)
*UPDATED TO OPENCORE 0.7.3 BIG SUR 11.6

Gigabyte DZ490m Gaming X - i9-10850K - AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB

...​
I did pretty much the same everything works, BUT, my external HDDs. Are yours working?!

I did pretty much the same everything works, BUT, my external HDDs. Are yours working?!
All my ports are working and My USB3 and USBc HDDs Work, I also have 2 internal HDD on RAID that work perfectly. Did you do the USB mapping correctly? Do the Ports were you are plugging the HDDs work (not for power but for DATA?

Back