Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X - i9 10850K - RX580 - OpenCore 0.9.1 4k - Ventura 13.3.1 - Video Editing

I just updated MacOS to 11.3.1 and some USB-ports stopped working. Does anybody have same issue?
I Updated to MacOs 11.3.1, and, yes, it breaks the USB ports. I mapped the USBs again and updated the original post (EFI and conf.plst) are updated to OpenCore 0.6.9 and BigSur 11.3.1.

I Updated to MacOs 11.3.1, and, yes, it breaks the USB ports. I mapped the USBs again and updated the original post (EFI and conf.plst) are updated to OpenCore 0.6.9 and BigSur 11.3.1.
Hi, did you get the frontal USB3 port working? Mine doesn't work. I tried your USB kext to but it's not working.
Yours works fine?
I just saw that you are using USBInjectAll and that kexts is temporal only, so your USB map maybe isn't working either. Did you try it to disable USBInjectAll and use your frontal usb3?

Update, my frontal USB3 works for Bluetooth but not for drives (data). Someone knows something about it?

Hi, did you get the frontal USB3 port working? Mine doesn't work. I tried your USB kext to but it's not working.
Yours works fine?
I just saw that you are using USBInjectAll and that kexts is temporal only, so your USB map maybe isn't working either. Did you try it to disable USBInjectAll and use your frontal usb3?
You were right, I uploaded the wrong EFI sorry:crazy:, I just replaced the correct EFI and Config.plst . The USB Kext replaces the USBInjectAll kext. And in the config.plst you have to change Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit to FALSE After that reset NVRAM and it should work.
My 2 front USB-3 ports work as USB2 and USB3, just checked with a USB2 Flashdrive and a USB3 external drive (at USB.3 transfer speeds confirmed) and obviously they are connected to the F_U32 Header in the motherboard. Let me know if this works for you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 22.00.37.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 22.00.37.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 165
  • tempImagetX9lOK.png
    tempImagetX9lOK.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_CC7F05D93701-1.jpeg
    IMG_CC7F05D93701-1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
I have the same board so I just created the USB drive from my iMac with the terminal, then copied the EFI folder to the flash drive then to the System EFI partition once it was done installing. I did change the System ID, Serial#, ROM, Etc before hand with OCC. Everything worked first boot, even sleep is working! Thanks again for sharing the build and the files!

Hello, can I use your EFI folder if I have an i7-10700K and not an i9 like yours? The DSDT files are the same? Thanks for your work.
P.S. I notice an error on USB map image on first post: USB 3 front panel cannot be connect to "F_USB1" header, but it would be connect to "F_U32" header, right?

Hello. Great work! I have a machine similar to yours: Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X, i9 10850K etc (with Catalina 10.15.7 on OC 0.6.9, using your EFI), except GPU. Mine is NVidia GT 740 (GK107) and HDMI Audio from it doesn’t work as expected. Only works with VoodooHDA but with slight crackling noise. Have tried many things. No sound with other methods. Maybe I have missed something in config or anything else? Can you help me with getting more native sound?

Hello. Great work! I have a machine similar to yours: Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X, i9 10850K etc (with Catalina 10.15.7 on OC 0.6.9, using your EFI), except GPU. Mine is NVidia GT 740 (GK107) and HDMI Audio from it doesn’t work as expected. Only works with VoodooHDA but with slight crackling noise. Have tried many things. No sound with other methods. Maybe I have missed something in config or anything else? Can you help me with getting more native sound?
I haven't installed Catalina on any System. The big difference in your case might be the AppleALC kext, you should have the one compatible with your System. The one in my EFI is only for BigSur, and even specifically for Big Sur 11.6

Hi, I ordered the exact same parts as you for my build, hoping the installation would be easier. I could get to the 11.2.3 OSX installer (not >=11.3), but the first reboot failed until I set the Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel in my config.plist to Disabled. because I did not format my drive to GUID + APFS.
Thanks for the beautiful example build.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying this with a Z490M Gaming X and a i5 10600 and the onboard graphics.

Don't suppose you can point me at the right place in BIOS to Enable VT-x? I can find where to disable VT-d?

Back