Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X - i9 10850K - RX580 - OpenCore 0.9.1 4k - Ventura 13.3.1 - Video Editing

In your config screen capture....

1. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) should be set to Dictionary not String. So make that change first.

2. RM,device-id, dvice-id, device_type and model are not children of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0). They need to be children of it (you should see them indented under that line)... so delete them and try again. Make sure you click and select the line PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) and then right click and add them one at a time as children of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0). Look at storks example for comparison.

If you want, attach a zip of your EFI folder and I can make the changes for you.

Yours:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.08.18 AM.png

Storks:

Configplist Kenel Adds1.png

Last edited:
Afuera's Gigabyte Z490m Gaming X Hackintosh (Video Editing FCPX and Adobe Suite Machine)
Gigabyte DZ490m Gaming X - i9-10850K - AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB​
...​
Very nice build there. Are you plugged into your RX 580 for the display or the onboard HD630? Also will a TB add in card be added to this computer?

In your config screen capture....

1. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) should be set to Dictionary not String. So make that change first.

2. RM,device-id, dvice-id, device_type and model are not children of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0). They need to be children of it (you should see them indented under that line)... so delete them and try again. Make sure you click and select the line PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) and then right click and add them one at a time as children of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0). Look at storks example for comparison.

If you want, attach a zip of your EFI folder and I can make the changes for you.

Yours:

View attachment 510411

Storks:

View attachment 510262
I adjusted and made them children, but still no go, not it doesn't hang any more it just says no internet, I will send you a zip of my Config, maybe there is something there that you can see, plus I do not think audio is working but one step at a time LOL. thank you for helping

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.51.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.51.27 AM.png
    130 KB · Views: 77
  • config.plist.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 83
opuslust, upload the whole EFI folder. I checked the config per OC 0.6.6 guide and there were errors... some missing items, a couple set incorrectly and a couple deprecated lines. I am not sure if this was on purpose for MSI motherboards or the file was an older version of OpenCore that was edited, but I just corrected it per the OpenCore v0.6.6 guide under Comet Lake.

I rebuilt a new EFI folder around your corrected config.plist file (see attached). Try it and see if it will work.

**Only issue that still comes up when I check it is "FakePCIID.kext there are better ways to fake device ids". I am not sure about how to deal with that because I don't know MSI boards. it could still be OK as others are using it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
You are a genius! Internet works perfect now, Thank you so much.... Could I bother you for one more help? My sound is not working. If I run it through a USB interface, it works mint, and I can hear, just not from any of my ports?

Glad the EFI (internet) now works for you. For audio have you set the System Sound Output Preferences to Internal Speakers? that should be the Green output from the rear IO.

Afuera, sorry for taking this thread off topic... admin may want to move posts regarding MSI Z490 Gaming Plus network fix to Big Sur Desktop support.

Last edited:
Ya I tried that but no success, at least I can get it through my USB interface... Sound card does work cause I run windows on another boot drive

I think on your board it is not actually green, but called RS_out (rear speaker)... I am not sure, I just looked at MSI website pictures. Anyway this is the thing with making MSI boards work... keep looking around for similar Z490 MSI builds and maybe someone has that fixed.

One last note... I had left everything that came with OC 0.6.6 release in the Drivers folder (EIF/OC/Drivers). Usually I remove all but OpenRuntime and OpenHfsPlus. I leave that up to you.

Last edited:
I think on your board it is not actually green, but called RS_out (rear speaker)... I am not sure, I just looked at MSI website pictures. Anyway this is the thing with making MSI boards work... keep looking around for similar Z490 MSI builds and maybe someone has that fixed.

One last note... I had left everything that came with OC 0.6.6 release in the Drivers folder (EIF/OC/Drivers). Usually I remove all but OpenRuntime and OpenHfsPlus. I leave that up to you.
ok, Thank you again for all your help!

Reactions: JBX
Very nice build there. Are you plugged into your RX 580 for the display or the onboard HD630? Also will a TB add in card be added to this computer?
Hello, My two displays are connected to the RX 580, 1 at 1920x1080 and the other at 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz. I was looking into the Thunderbolt card thing... but I don't own any Thunderbolt Harddrives nor Displays... I will love to in the future. One downside on this board though is that only has one Ethernet port :rolleyes: and I do have 2 Ethernet NAS stations... Maybe this can be solved by a Hub or Ethernet Card? Anyone any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back