Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X - i9 10850K - RX580 - OpenCore 0.9.1 4k - Ventura 13.3.1 - Video Editing

OK...Thanks, JBX, that solved most of my issues. I still can't connect to the Internet though. It is farther than before when I try to connect it. At least it looks like it is trying to load the page, progress. I found this but do not know how to put it in my list... can you help?
  • Ethernet: Intel I225-V 2.5Gb
    1. Add device property:
      <dict>
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0)</key>
      <dict>
      <key>device-id</key>
      <data>8hUAAA==</data>
      </dict>
      </dict>
    2. Create custom FakeID-kext "FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext".

are you sure about data 8hUAAA==?

In ProperTree using the sample config file/efi I linked you to, I am trying to add it under Device Properties, but it will not accept it... it needs to be a hex value.

Also do you have a FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext? If not I found one.

Last edited:
are you sure about data 8hUAAA==?

In ProperTree using the sample config file/efi I linked you to, I am trying to add it under Device Properties, but it will not accept it... it needs to be a hex value.

Also do you have a FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext? If not I found one.
This was the script the guy shared from his completed install..he said to add this to the config I am guessing? Should I have that Kext? The person I followed did not use, pretty sure. But I could give it a try, if you link it to me. Do I just add it to the EFI drive off my hard drive or do I have to reboot from USB? Thanks so much

opuslust, device property and kext needs to be added in the config.plist file. The kext file itself needs to be placed in the EFI/OC/kexts folder. Have you used ProperTree before? it is the best way to do this.

The problem is it will not accept 8hUAAA==. So either it is not Data or it is not the correct hex.

opuslust, device property and kext needs to be added in the config.plist file. The kext file itself needs to be placed in the EFI/OC/kexts folder. Have you used ProperTree before? it is the best way to do this.

The problem is it will not accept 8hUAAA==. So either it is not Data or it is not the correct hex.
Like i said that is the formula that was posted.

I have not tried because of lack of knowledge. I have used proper tree just to change certain settings, I have never used it to add more lines, and I wouldnt know where to add...seriously I am amazed that except for no internet everything else seems to be working LOL, I do know to add the file to the Kext folder its just putting the code in Config that has messed me up a few times

OK if I download that persons files and inspect the config.plist in ProperTree, I find the device-id data as F2150000 (which is for 8hUAAA==). Also they included the FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in the kexts folder.

So backup your EFI folder, work on a copy and follow this if you want to test the addition of what they are using.

#1 First download the attached zip file below. Un-zip it and place the FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext in the following folder: EFI/OC/Kexts

#2 Now you need to tell the OpenCore config file that this exists. Open the config file in ProperTree
  1. In ProperTree, go to the File menu and select OC Snapshot. It will ask you to locate and select your OC folder (EFI/OC). Just select the OC folder and then click the choose button.
  2. Now under the File menu again. Select OC Cleanup Snapshot. Again choose your OC folder. This will put all your listing in the config file in proper order.
  3. Then save the file.
  4. If you look in the config file now under Kernel in the Add section, you should see the FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext listed. Keep the file open...

#3 You need to add the device property.
  1. In ProperTree, locate DevideProperties section
  2. Click on the ADD line to select it and then right click on it and choose "New Child under 'Add' (+)"
  3. You will see a new line is created "New String". Double click on that and paste in PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) then hit enter.
  4. Now right click on that line and choose "New Child under 'PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0)' (+)"
  5. Again you will see a new line created. double click on that and paste in device-id then hit enter.
  6. For device-id, in the next column click on String and change it to Data.
  7. And the next column after that double click to get the field and enter F2150000.
  8. Save the file.
Here is a capture of how it looks in their config.plist file within ProperTree and then a capture after that when opened in TextEdit. Note the data value! ProperTree only accepts and show the value in hex format.
005.png

008.png

Attachments

• FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
@JBX, I had to add the following to my config.plist to make the Intel i225-V 2.5GBe Ethernet controller recognized:

configplist-kenel-adds1-png.503556

458456-3f6e7a75fed923a4ac9bde4c5946ad55.jpg

Stork, thank you... he may need to do that also.

opuslust, add that under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) in ProperTree.

Stork, thank you... he may need to do that also.

opuslust, add that under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) in ProperTree.
It still hangs :( it wants to connect but something is stopping it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.06.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.06.01 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.08.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 10.08.18 AM.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 100
Back