Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z390 UD -Open Core 0.6.3

Has anyone managed to solve the USB 2.0 and 3.0 issue? Or can anyone point to the AML file that works?

I've started with the original and everything still works really well, except until Monterey upgrade (I suspect). Some of you might have read this issue. By changing xhciPortLimit in config to true 3.0 works, but doesn't recognise anything with 2.0, e.g. USB 2 thumb drives, mouse, keyboard, even my USB 2/3 hub. If set to false, then all the 2.0 things that didn't work, work but my USB 3.0 thumb drive, hard disk, don't get recognise.

Thanks in advance!!!
xhciPortLimit is broken in Big Sur and Monterey (keep in mind this thread is in Catalina section post in Monterey if you are using that....)

make sure to do this in Catalina:

xhciPortLimit is broken in Big Sur and Monterey (keep in mind this thread is in Catalina section post in Monterey if you are using that....)

make sure to do this in Catalina:
In between, I tried upgrading the open core, and everything was working fine, even through Big Sur, the USB was still working. Right now, it's not so much not working, just not fully.

I remember doing this USB thing. Was just looking for a easy way out. I had done that before I switched to opencore. Out of interest, with the original package, there was two aml files with USB, which one should I replace?

In between, I tried upgrading the open core, and everything was working fine, even through Big Sur, the USB was still working. Right now, it's not so much not working, just not fully.

I remember doing this USB thing. Was just looking for a easy way out. I had done that before I switched to opencore. Out of interest, with the original package, there was two aml files with USB, which one should I replace?
just follow the guide, no shortcuts/easy way out....

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. It's actually easier than I remember. Sorted.

USB 2's and 3's working fine here/recognized in hackintool.

Only got one problem with this build, after going to sleep the mouse lags, other than that system seems stable for the last couple of months. Tried loads of different kexts and bios options but no solution found. If any of you guys have any tips would be great.

Good news! I just updated from Big Sur to Monterey using this EFI (updated to OpenCore 0.7.5 with latest kexts). Apparently everything is going well. Ethernet is working too.
Hi. I don't have much experience.

But everything worked out. BT adapter not working. I think it has something to do with the USB on the motherboard. But it doesn't matter yet.

Until I figured out how to transfer the bootloader to a disk in a computer, I start from a USB flash drive.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-04-10 в 21.29.01.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2022-04-10 в 21.29.01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 60
Hi

I was unable to set up the USB.
Available HS01-HS08 and SS01-SS08. The motherboard has an internal USB HS11/HS12.

All my attempts to activate these ports have failed. In the end, I realized that the problem is in the SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml file (IMHO). These ports are missing.

I have not yet figured out how to properly create this file. All tried methods do not work. You need to disable the current SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml, but then the mouse and keyboard stop working.

I ordered a cable to solve this problem in a workaround. The cable takes the USB from the back of the system unit and puts it inside. Inside I will be able to connect my BT adapter to this cable

9 Pin Male To External USB A Male PC Mainboard

Does anyone have any idea how to get the correct ssdt-usb aml file?

USB 2's and 3's working fine here/recognized in hackintool.

Only got one problem with this build, after going to sleep the mouse lags, other than that system seems stable for the last couple of months. Tried loads of different kexts and bios options but no solution found. If any of you guys have any tips would be great.
I have seen reports that mouse lag is related to this setting is BIOS.

Boot> Operating System>Windows 8/10

If your configuration is different than mine it may not work, but hopefully it gets you a head start.

Remember to update your SMBIOS so your iMessage and that stuff works. You can google how to do that.

Also keep in mind, Ethernet is busted. If you find a fix for it let us know!

Good luck!

PS: Best to boot this from a USB and put the final working version on your main SSD/HDD EFI

Hi @nathanh0 ! Thanks for share this EFI.

i have the same configuration, z390 UD, i5 9400, radeon rx 580.

Currently in Mojave but I plan to upgrade to Monterrey.

I'm quite inexperienced with the installation, it was my first Hackintosh and luckily I was able to get almost everything working...

I'm going to get up the courage and try to do this upgrade, but I wanted to ask you about this USB-C adapter. Is there any chance that I can add it to the motherboard and get thunderbolt to work? or is it directly impossible? I work with audio and it would be great if UAD's audio interfaces would work.

Good afternoon! Took a long break from trying to get the Z390 up and running but at it again... Has anyone upgraded to OpenCore 0.8.8 and done a clean install? Will this work or should I stick with the older 0.7.4. Started a new thread looking for a little help if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Back