Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z390 UD -Open Core 0.6.3

I think that internal port USB 3.1 is not working properly.
I have this card reader connected to the internal USB 3.1 port. Monterey can't see it.
The USB port on the card reader operates at USB 2.0 speed, but no card is recognized.
Bummer!
Do you think with your EFI could use both iGPU and dGPU? Also, does this EFI works with High Sierra?
Thank you

Following OP's post#1 using recommended BIOS settings, after saving and then restarting the BIOS is flickering and have to "load optimized defaults" hit save and then its normal again. I've updated the BIOS to version F10k. Any help really appreciated!

EDIT: the flickering happens after disabling CSM support. Why is this happening only to me with the same hardware?

Last edited:
Bummer!
Do you think with your EFI could use both iGPU and dGPU? Also, does this EFI works with High Sierra?
Thank you
This EFI use both IGPU and dGPU (see picture 1). My monitor is connected to dGPU and IGPU is working as headless. I have CSM support enabled.
I don't know if this EFI is working on High Sierra. I tested it in Big Sur and Monterey. IGPU does not appear in System Information (see picture 2).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 132
  • 2.png
    2.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Reactions: dsb
Does anyone knows why when I disable CSM support the BIOS starts flickering? I cant start the install as the PC has this problem after disabling CSM support. @nottooshabby @pastrychef
Thank you

EDIT: So, while the BIOS screen was flickering I removed the hdmi cable and replugged in and no more flickering, weird but glad to have this part solved!

Last edited:
Does anyone knows why when I disable CSM support the BIOS starts flickering? I cant start the install as the PC has this problem after disabling CSM support. @nottooshabby @pastrychef
Thank you

This can happen with certain video cards... Just enable it if your video card needs it.

Hi guys, after picker (also mouse and keyboard not working) apple logo and progress bar appear then black screen! Im using the OC 0.7.5 EFI provided in this thread (without changes) and using igpu for this build, igpu also enabled in bios, what could be? Thanks in advance

Hi guys, after picker (also mouse and keyboard not working) apple logo and progress bar appear then black screen! Im using the OC 0.7.5 EFI provided in this thread (without changes) and using igpu for this build, igpu also enabled in bios, what could be? Thanks in advance

Take a look at this, scroll up a bit to the Add section:

You will probably need to set some properties for the iGPU. The assumption with the EFIs here is that you have a dGPU

Thank you @nottooshabby followed and it worked, Catalina starts the install but reboots and returns to the same place (stuck in a loop now). I see it installed 8gb on internal drive but on OC picker it doesn't show up so cant boot from it, also have no mouse or keyboard working when on OC picker. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

EDIT:
To have mouse support in OC picker added in Misc > Boot > PickerAttributes > 17
To get out of the osx install loop changed in UEFI > APFS > MinDate from 0 to -1
and MinVersion from 0 to -1

Keyboard (usb) Ive got only works on windows... have to continue tomorrow to get a new one!
For now installation successful, thank you for the help and EFI folders!

Last edited:
Catalina is working great, just a few BT issues, the BT USB is always recognized by OS but sometimes Apple magic mouse and keyboard dont connect at all, but if I remove the usb and replug it in, it works straight away.

Some questions:
1- Don't have any BT kext in EFI, should I add them? (using USB BT Broadcom / BCM20702A3)
2 - Got an SSD from previous real MacPro5.1 with High Sierra, it is recognized by Hackintosh in picker but shows a crossed circle after trying to load, do I need to setup a new EFI folder for this OS volume?
3 - Would like to have the Hackintosh configured as Mac Pro 7,1, is this possible with iGPU?
4 - Changing SMBIOS can make Hackintosh not boot?
5 - In picker the volume is named "Untiled 2" but on desktop shows correct name, even after NVRAM reset name is still not correct, any fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to solve the USB 2.0 and 3.0 issue? Or can anyone point to the AML file that works?

I've started with the original and everything still works really well, except until Monterey upgrade (I suspect). Some of you might have read this issue. By changing xhciPortLimit in config to true 3.0 works, but doesn't recognise anything with 2.0, e.g. USB 2 thumb drives, mouse, keyboard, even my USB 2/3 hub. If set to false, then all the 2.0 things that didn't work, work but my USB 3.0 thumb drive, hard disk, don't get recognise.

Thanks in advance!!!

Back