Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro, i9-9900k, Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows and macOS on separate NVmes. my EFI included the window info. Make sure the paths are the same for you.
Thanks
The DeviceProperties section has always caused me problems. Never properly understood how to set that up. I see your config has a DeviceProperty for a Samsung 970 Evo NVMe in Slot 1 which I believe is the top slot closest to the CPU. That is the location I have my windows NVMe. And Slot 2 has the Catalina drive. Big Sur is on a SSD on SATA. I do see all the drives. Just wondering if a DeviceProperty is needed for each drive or just the accessory drives?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>PCIe M.2 Slot 1</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>Non-Volatile memory controller</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks
The DeviceProperties section has always caused me problems. Never properly understood how to set that up. I see your config has a DeviceProperty for a Samsung 970 Evo NVMe in Slot 1 which I believe is the top slot closest to the CPU. That is the location I have my windows NVMe. And Slot 2 has the Catalina drive. Big Sur is on a SSD on SATA. I do see all the drives. Just wondering if a DeviceProperty is needed for each drive or just the accessory drives?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>PCIe M.2 Slot 1</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>Non-Volatile memory controller</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>Samsung 970 Evo NVMe SSD</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Great question. I honestly don't know, and like you I have both drives showing so haven't questioned it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back