Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO + i7-9700k + Asus TUF RX 6800 XT + Big Sur + Monterey + OpenCore 0.7.8

@Roger-Explosion I had to change the SMBIOS to iMac16,2 to avoid the Firmware Update Issue. I changed it back to iMac19,1.
Having some Bluetooth/WIFI issues: BCM4352. But everything else worked just perfectly.

@Roger-Explosion I had to change the SMBIOS to iMac16,2 to avoid the Firmware Update Issue. I changed it back to iMac19,1.
Having some Bluetooth/WIFI issues: BRCM4352. But everything else worked just perfectly.
Thanks heaps that's a good one - the issue I'm having at the moment with the included EFI folder (with the 19,1 Vega Config.plist) it's doing the black screen thing when booting from the installer USB. (The screen is on but displaying black, not flickering on/off).

I remember I had this issue with my previous build on this machine too - which was I think Catalina.

EDIT: wow ok so the monitor that you use for the install matters.

On an old 1080p LG monitor - it shows the boot screen and begins startup.

On a new 4k Samsung monitor - it's black!

EDIT 2: I also had to disable SecureBootModel from Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel to prevent the computer from constantly restarting during the part of the install where it tries to continue the installation after a reboot.

EDIT 3: I had to re-enable SecureBootModel after it finished that part of the install otherwise it kept hanging right at the end of the progress bar. This is wild.

EDIT 4: Up and running.

Used Hackintool to map my USB drives (much easier than Opencore's probing thing) to create a personal Kext for the ones that I want to use.

Thunderbolt 3 working great with Titan Ridge card installed (same config that worked under Mojave). Must turn on TB3 devices before boot though (again same as Mojave).

Last edited:
I customized the USB, and currently WiFi and Bluetooth are normal. WiFi for Broadcom BCM43

Hi, I have the same motherboard. I can't get to the installer, I see a black screen. What to do in this case?

I'm using the 0.7.8 EFI posted here with config for RX 580 on a Monterey install USB3 drive. Aorus Pro non wifi with Fresh F12 BIOS set exactly as recommended. When booting the installer, it loads about 40% then I get the prohibited symbol with "support.apple.com/mac/startup" listed underneath it. What do I do?

EDIT: Moved USB3 drive to a USB2 port on back of computer and got installer to boot and start install. Fingers crossed it finishes.

Last edited:
@mihaiparaipan
Hi, I found your post and thanks.
This is interesting to me.
Because I am looking for a best wifi that fully provide stable connection and fast network speed for my Monterey.

I bought a Fenvi T-919, BT works good, but the wifi connection and speed is very slow and not stable.
Always disconnecting itself. For 5GHz seems not fully works sometimes.
I wasted money to bought the Fenvi PCIe card, very sad :(

I read your post about the TP Link ( Archer T6E ) AC1300 PCIe card and Asus BT400 USB adapter + BT Dongle.
I need your help to share the experience:
1. Can you please tell me is the TP Link ( Archer T6E ) AC1300 PCIe card connection stable all day long and network speed fast in Monterey?
Is the packing box like the attachment.

2. You get the Asus BT400 USB Bluetooth 4.0 OR Bluetooth 5.0 that works at Monterey?
Pls refer to the attachment.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.46.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.46.34 PM.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.29.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.29.29 PM.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.29.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 12.29.35 PM.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hello,
I no longer have this build, the motherboard died.
I have never tested Wi-Fi extensively, I always had a wired connection.
Asus BT400 USB Bluetooth 4.0

Now I am using the Raptor Lake platform.

Last edited:
It's possible to upgrade to Ventura?

Back