Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370m-D3H, i5-8400, GTX 1060 3gb, 16gb Ram, High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED]
At the time I wrote this comment, there was no "Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext" for 10.13.6.
RehabMan has updated it already.
So I followed
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
and
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/
then everything is OK now.

OK. I shall. That tome is very detailed but I am also trying to come to terms with [pun unintended] the various technical terms and jargon used in that article. Once I work that out, then I think things would be hopefully easier to navigate.

EDIT (29/4/2018)
@ELayeR , SUCCESS!!

Followed @RehabMan 's guide to the letter and finished the "Preparation for Port Discovery" instruction set, rebooted, and, before proceeding to the next section, I thought I would just trial plug my USB 3 external drive (Seagate 9SCAN4-500, USB3 powered external drive, purchased 2012, quite an oldie but a goody) into a random USB 3 port and hurrah!!! Worked like a dream. THANK YOU, @RehabMan!

So I have stopped there and haven't proceeded with the more complicated instructions to follow.

now... the last hurdle is the iTunes video not playing part...

Hi! I have the same motherboard with you. And I'm now in trouble with USB3.
I have tried a lot and got 2.1A USB charging worked.
Could you tell me if your USB3 drive is working in 5Gb speed or 480M?

Last edited:
Can you share UEFI BIOS set up?

I don't know why the prohibition symbol always appears when I install 10.13.6.

Thank you.

I also ask.
Would you be so kind as to share your EFI please? Thanks in advance.

I have the same build as you, but my mobo is Z370M-D3H instead. But for some reason, I can't pass Clover bootloader options. After I select install, it either stays there forever or turns into a black screen and reboots. Did you had to use any special tweaks others than following the guide installing UniBeast?

I've been struggling since yesterday with this. If this keep failing, I'm ready to return everything and keep my old Win 10 PC.

Never felt so frustrated about installing an OS.

Hey @frenciaj
Try using a USB 2.0 drive on a USB 2.0 port for your installation. I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte Z370M-DH3), and I had the same problem when I used a USB3.0 drive on a USB 3.0 port for installation. Miraculously, everything just worked out fine when I switched to USB2.0. :headbang: and I have no idea why...

@andys2003 did u use USB3.0 for installation?

Last edited:
Hello.
I have the same mobo.
Can you share your clover config.plist please?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 404
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back