Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as for the thumb drive: formatted in FAT32

I placed all the (unzipped) BIOS files (F3 to F7) on mentioned drive, put it into the computer and flashed it using the BIOS provided flash utility.

Actually I did this a number of times, trying several BIOS releases. Its a strange thing; initially, the mobo came with F5 OOTB; once I realised macOS wouldn't boot with F6 I reverted to F3 (running really well on a second machine). Out of curiosity I later upgraded to F5 again without success. I therefore ultimately decided to go with F3 .

As it seems, some forum members even could upgrade to F7 without issues. No idea what might cause this weird behaviour

I've currenly tried F3, F4, F5, F6 and F7, and it keeps only recognizing "Windows Boot Loader" as an option. I've seen some posts on Gigabyte forums about defective BIOS chips, maybe that's the case. Hopefully I can get this issue figured out. I really have no other way of getting into my PC.

Ok.. this seems different in comparison to the issues I faced.

I could select my macOS drive as boot device, its just using BIOS F4/5 and up the system wouldn't boot; that is, it boots to the clover boot selection just fine, when selecting macOS as boot option the system would continue for a couple of seconds and thereafter just reboot.

Ok.. this seems different in comparison to the issues I faced.

I could select my macOS drive as boot device, its just using BIOS F4/5 and up the system wouldn't boot; that is, it boots to the clover boot selection just fine, when selecting macOS as boot option the system would continue for a couple of seconds and thereafter just reboot.

All the other BIOS updates were fine, but soon as I went to F7 all my UEFI's changed to "Windows BootLoader" and I get an error every time I try to run the any of my drives. I've never even seen anything about an issue like this on the forums, so I'm not really even sure about how to troubleshoot it.

[...]
To confirm, Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, Update 4 are only thread updates and not necessarily os updates (unless explicitly stated)?

The only thing you need is the AppleHDA.kext from macOS 10.13.3 to get HDMI Audio and you should add the kexts mentioned in Update 1. Everything else should work. But: Take care of your BIOS version. Some people have to downgrade to F3 to boot into macOS.

I finally got my system booting with F7 BIOS.
I will edit the first post with this update:
BIOS -> Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10
BIOS
-> CSM Support: Disabled
BIOS -> Boot Option Priorities: Choose the raw disk and not s.th. like Windows Boot Manager (<name of your raw disk>)

Hello, @shark7760! I have followed your BIOS update guide, and I can't reboot in macOS when I upgrade after F4. Could you share your BIOS settings 'cause they're strange to me. If I disable CMS, I no longer can enable UEFI boot. So, I don't understand.
With CMS enable, it reboots again and again, and, if I disable, it's blocked.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

I've currenly tried F3, F4, F5, F6 and F7, and it keeps only recognizing "Windows Boot Loader" as an option. I've seen some posts on Gigabyte forums about defective BIOS chips, maybe that's the case. Hopefully I can get this issue figured out. I really have no other way of getting into my PC.

Hi @monsterz, did you finally find a solution ? i have the exact same problem, after F4 bios i can't boot in mac os :(

Hi @monsterz, did you finally find a solution ? i have the exact same problem, after F4 bios i can't boot in mac os :(

Sadly I have not, I just ended up giving up for now and completely removed Mac OS from my system and am running Windows instead. Thankfully I backed everything up before I went ahead and updated the BIOS. I still haven't tried the steps above your post. I'm actually going to be adding a larger SSD to my build and re-attempt adding Mac OS to my system in the next few weeks. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

My email notification says that @Mrgeque wrote "I really need your help! I have similar components aorus gaming 7 8700k and 1080ti. I cannot get this to work. please help" with a full quote of my first post. Maybe an admin removed his post since it has no content and an unnecessary full quote. Mrgeque, we can't help you until you give us at least an idea at which step you are stuck.

But I will use this post anyway for a big warning:

Don't upgrade to macOS Mojave. Apple refuses to sign NVidias Webdriver. So I will stay on 10.13.6 until the newest drivers are out. It's sad, that NVidia won't release unsigned drivers - but it's also understandable.

Now, I tend to agree except for one thing: there is no proof Apple refuses anything, this is just hearsay. In fact, Apple does not need to sign the drivers, as any developer can sign his apps himself. There is a blog post by an nVidia employee stating that nVidia is working with Apple on the drivers.

So it's more likely that nVidia is just not interested in providing mentioned drivers in a timely manner. After all, Apple as of now is largely a dead platform for nVidia.

That said, Apple is not likely to be overly supportive either. There seems to be a feud between the two and we - *intosh users with nVidia cards - are the victims.

Shame on both. nVidia & Apple: would you please stop this childish behavior and just get your mess fixed? Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back