Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
i've the same motherboard and there is no "Other OS" option in the BIOS setting,

can you help me ?

Thanks.

Julien

shark7760's Build:
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC
macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

@Chanal They renamed this a while ago:
Go to BIOS -> CMS Support: Disabled
Now a new menu entry point will appear below.
Choose Secure boot to open a new configuration page.
I have set Secure Boot Enable: Disabled

I recently had this bad idea to update my BIOS to the latest version (F7) but I can't boot into macOS now. Does anyone has the same problem?

I tested with all combinations of csm support enabled and uefi, lagacy and do not launch options. Nothing worked and it only recognises my windows bootloader.

Hello, thanks

All fine for now

Julien

To get the audio working I had to check not only ACL1220 under MultiBeast/Drivers/Audio (tried multiple times), but also "100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support" (this was not mentioned in the first post). But otherwise - the installation was smooth.
P.S. The same Z370 HD3P && i7-8700K + GTX 1070.

BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled

Hey Shark, I have same mobo and don't have this LAN PXE option on my Bios settings. Version F5. Is it important? I seem to have a
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND error every time and can't get around it...

I recently had this bad idea to update my BIOS to the latest version (F7) but I can't boot into macOS now. Does anyone has the same problem?

I tested with all combinations of csm support enabled and uefi, lagacy and do not launch options. Nothing worked and it only recognises my windows bootloader.

I experienced the same problem. Reverting to F3 solved the issue.

Last edited:
Update 1:
I have analog audio! :) Use EFI Mounter and add the following kexts (not the folders!) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other:
  1. AppleALC.kext
  2. Lilu.kext
  3. CodecCommander.kext
The clover config should be still fine, because MultiBeast seems to add the right injectio
Hey Shark, what was the motivation behind updating the software to newer versions? I have the same mobo and cpu, I plan on using your thread as a guide. However, I want to reduce complexity and not perform any specific software updates unless necessary.

Before Update 1, what were your issues, only audio? Sleep and everything else was working?

To confirm, Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, Update 4 are only thread updates and not necessarily os updates (unless explicitly stated)?

Well, as for the thumb drive: formatted in FAT32

I placed all the (unzipped) BIOS files (F3 to F7) on mentioned drive, put it into the computer and flashed it using the BIOS provided flash utility.

Actually I did this a number of times, trying several BIOS releases. Its a strange thing; initially, the mobo came with F5 OOTB; once I realised macOS wouldn't boot with F6 I reverted to F3 (running really well on a second machine). Out of curiosity I later upgraded to F5 again without success. I therefore ultimately decided to go with F3 .

As it seems, some forum members even could upgrade to F7 without issues. No idea what might cause this weird behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back