Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700K - RX580 8GB - Catalina 10.15.5 - OpenCore 0.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
OC 0.69 + macOS 11.3.1 update

• managed to update to macOS 11.3.1
  • after the update all USB 3.0 ports didn't work, fixed it with new SSDT's that have usb mapping in it
  • sleep + wake is still working

To disable SIP change: NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > csr-active-config > to "FF070000"

Please adjust the agdpmod to your builtin VGA
Hi! Don't know why but my computer started to work VERY slow with the previous EFI. Yours works really well now.

Thanks a lot! :)

Hi! Don't know why but my computer started to work VERY slow with the previous EFI. Yours works really well now.

Thanks a lot! :)
Glad to hear! :)

OC 0.7.5 + macOS 12.0.1 update

I had success updating opencore to 0.7.5 and then after some tests to Monterey.

Changelog:
Code:
+ updated all kexts to latest version
+ set PlatformInfo to iMac19,1 as it is advised for coffee lake by opencore
+ switched from HfsPlus to OpenHfsPlus driver
+ switch AdviseFeatures to true, so Monterey install won't fail
+ added blackosx/BsxM1 theme and set it to default

As always check agdpmod, so it suits your GPU and enable SIP if you need it. I have removed my UUID and serial. You can generate yours via GenSMBIOS.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.7.5 Z370-HD3P Monterey.zip
    13 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
OC 0.7.5 + macOS 12.0.1 update

I had success updating opencore to 0.7.5 and then after some tests to Monterey.

Changelog:
Code:
+ updated all kexts to latest version
+ set PlatformInfo to iMac19,1 as it is advised for coffee lake by opencore
+ switched from HfsPlus to OpenHfsPlus driver
+ switch AdviseFeatures to true, so Monterey install won't fail
+ added blackosx/BsxM1 theme and set it to default

As always check agdpmod, so it suits your GPU and enable SIP if you need it. I have removed my UUID and serial. You can generate yours via GenSMBIOS.

Thanks! :)

@mpk9 Hello! I want to install Big Sur with OpenCore. Will Your latest EFI work? I have almost identical hardware, except my CPU is 9700K, and I will be using audio interface. So I leave my onboard sound card disabled. I'm also not using my CPU graphics chip. I've installed Big Sur before, but I'd never manage doing all those things as layering USB ports, etc. Thought that maybe You could help me make it perfect since I will be doing clean install! Merry Christmas!

⚠️ macOS Monterey 12.3 Update Warning

There seems to be an issue with our configuration, where you cannot login after updating to 12.3.
I do not have the time to investigate this issue, as I currently am dependent on a working system.

I will try again with macOS 13 and share my EFI on success.

@timsnow Unfortunaltely, I can't tell, it is mostly a trial and error, with takes a lot of time. The CPU shouldn't be a problem in most cases, it is always a problem with the board. My suggestions would be: just to try it out, or to use a shared EFI, of a very similar system (search also on Github and other hackintosh related forums)

Update: When Vetura releases, I will have a final look on my Hackintosh system and on success I will share my EFI for the last time with you, as I am currently completely shifting to an M1 Pro system. These silicion machines are beasts, you can't compare my hackintosh system with them in regard of energy efficiency and performance. That's why I will run this machine as a windows or linux gaming setup only.

Last edited:
Hi,

This EFI folder with Opencore 0.8.6 works for me under MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. I've anonymized it, so you must add the Serial, etc... info on the PlatformInfo section.

Probably going to migrate to the M1 Platform very soon and leave this PC for Gaming too.

Greets

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 99
Hi,

This EFI folder with Opencore 0.8.6 works for me under MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. I've anonymized it, so you must add the Serial, etc... info on the PlatformInfo section.

Probably going to migrate to the M1 Platform very soon and leave this PC for Gaming too.

Greets
Hi Maecsa and all,
Thank your for your work.
I want to make you a question: Do you update your BIOS to F14?
Big hug

Hi Maecsa and all,
Thank your for your work.
I want to make you a question: Do you update your BIOS to F14?
Big hug

Nope, I'm actually using F13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back