Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

This was my problem too. Two years ago I build a Hackintosh with this hardware and a youtube video. Unfortunately, I had a lot of problems with the videocard (problems in the sense that it was a faulty card that was slowly failing).

When I had finally straightened this out, I had to redo the hack because the SSD failed. Unfortunately, Mojave was meanwhile updated and the old Hackintosh software didn't work with the newer 10.14 version. But what version did I need now? It was very unclear. Finally paid someone to help me. Not a big dig deal but I like to do things myself..

Meanwhile it's already changed again, because if I now want to update to Catalina or Big Sur, Open Core is all the rage.

Hi, I'm so grateful to you for this build, which I followed to the letter. Do you have any plans to upgrade your OS from HS? I discovered that Premiere Pro doesn't seem to run very well on HS. And I fear that there will be other software compatibility issues coming up. If you, the creator of the system, ever decide to upgrade your OS, please let us know. I will follow in your footsteps.
@HackaShaq created an excellent build indeed. I've also copied that build (my first build) right down to the case and use it as my daily.

If you were wondering, upgrading to Mojave or Catalina should be a breeze and trouble-free once you update Clover (I'm running v5121) and kexts. I've been running 10.15.7 trouble free since release.
I have so far been unsuccessful on getting OC and Big Sur to work with this particular build unfortunately.

Clover wouldn't update, turned out that it was re-build and now from a different download to be found, which had me doubting for a moment, if that was legit.

Some kexts were updated or replaced by others, but it was impossible to find decent info on which replaced which and what version should work with 10.15.7. I spend many hours hunting for info. Finally, I decided to pay someone to help me out, which worked.

It's not that I'm such a Scrouge that I absolutely don't want to pay a small amount for help, it's just that.. So far, I had managed to find all info online myself, disassembled a G5 bit by bit, rebuild the machine with the right PC-parts… Installed it as a Hackintosh and with a Windows disk… Did whole nine yards by myself. It was a bit of personal pride I had to swallow to have to ask for 'custom' help.

Sure, this Hackintosh it took me forever to build and I had very bad luck with the GPU, twice even, but it felt good to experience. I'd never had even owned a PC, let alone build it, so I had quite a bit technical info to catch up on.

@jb007 @Stork -Did you ever get OpenCore 0.6.4 working on this Z370 build? Mine boots and runs Mojave, and I've been able to install my regular software, but there are still some OpenCore "Userspace" issues I need to solve that seem to be related to the SSDT-PMC setup and getting a brief message before MacOS loading: Driverblacklist.efi at 0 cannot be found. -but without a hard stop: It still loads the OS and so on.

@jb007 @Stork -Did you ever get OpenCore 0.6.4 working on this Z370 build? Mine boots and runs Mojave, and I've been able to install my regular software, but there are still some OpenCore "Userspace" issues I need to solve that seem to be related to the SSDT-PMC setup and getting a brief message before MacOS loading: Driverblacklist.efi at 0 cannot be found. -but without a hard stop: It still loads the OS and so on.
@jiffyslot My Z370 build is languishing in my spares cupboard so I can’t help you out on this one.

@jiffyslot, I'm still caught up in Christmas/family activities and probably won't find time until next week (after Christmas).

I have the gaming 5 mobo which is very similar and have attached working OC 6.4 EFI,
you will need to add your serial number, MLB, smuuid etc to config list and remap USB ports
Good Luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Hey all, OP here, and although I was planning on keeping this build on macOS High Sierra for quite sometime, I actually needed to update to update to macOS Mojave for Lightroom and TurboTax, so I did it this weekend.

My build is now running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and it smooth and actually wakes from sleep after than my High Sierra build.

I did not do a clean/virgin install. I just updated it like a real Mac: Basic process was really smooth:

1. Updated macOS from High Sierra -> macOS Mojave
2. Updated the clover Bootloader
3. Updated the very few kexts needed for this build

If anyone wants me to update the guide here on how I exactly went about updating this exact system to macOS Mojave, I'll be happy to do so a step-by-step and include my EFI folder if that helps anyone.

Running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 now. All good!

If anyone wants me to update the guide here on how I exactly went about updating this exact system to macOS Mojave, I'll be happy to do so a step-by-step and include my EFI folder if that helps anyone.
How about the OpenCore version of your guide ? Just kidding ;)
Clover still works with Mojave. It's not mandatory.

Hey all, OP here, and although I was planning on keeping this build on macOS High Sierra for quite sometime, I actually needed to update to update to macOS Mojave for Lightroom and TurboTax, so I did it this weekend.

My build is now running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and it smooth and actually wakes from sleep after than my High Sierra build.

I did not do a clean/virgin install. I just updated it like a real Mac: Basic process was really smooth:

1. Updated macOS from High Sierra -> macOS Mojave
2. Updated the clover Bootloader
3. Updated the very few kexts needed for this build

Running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 now. All good!
YES Please! I'm still having sleep issues with Mojave and I have the exact same hardware

Back