Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Version F14. My settings is pretty much the same with the first post guide.

I simply am unable to boot to the install USB..
I have spent X hours trying to do this.

It hangs at a certain place in the boot process.

Its July 2020 and I just wanted to take a second and tell you this, mr post master ( orr whatever the heck the title is)

I spent nearly 30 hours trying desperately to get the MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh I had made nearly two years ago back together - somehow my ram burned and my macos install was dead... and I tried open core this and that, nothing worked, but here’s the kicker: I have the exact same MOBO and CPU, so thank you from the bottom of my macos addicted, creative workflow hungry heart kind sir, you saved my life for the next few months.

Its July 2020 and I just wanted to take a second and tell you this, mr post master
You would be referring to @HackaShaq who posted this User Build a little over two years ago. When you put the @ symbol in front of the name of the person they get a notification to see what you've posted.

Upload your EFI folder please. Are you trying to install Mojave or Catalina?

Sorry for the slight diversion:

@JimmakoS could you share your EFI/open core setup? I saw that you got Big Sur running, and im tooo scared to go blind into open core on my z370 gaming 7 setup :angel:

@JimmakoS could you share your EFI/open core setup? I saw that you got Big Sur running, and im tooo scared to go blind into open core on my z370 gaming 7 setup :angel:

Yes of course, i will upload it later in the day. I'm using opencore 0.6.0.

Its July 2020 and I just wanted to take a second and tell you this, mr post master ( orr whatever the heck the title is)

I spent nearly 30 hours trying desperately to get the MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh I had made nearly two years ago back together - somehow my ram burned and my macos install was dead... and I tried open core this and that, nothing worked, but here’s the kicker: I have the exact same MOBO and CPU, so thank you from the bottom of my macos addicted, creative workflow hungry heart kind sir, you saved my life for the next few months.
Hey, glad to help!

Update: It's been over two years of using this machine that I built (and I'm writing on it now) and it's still going strong with no issues whatsoever for me. Then again, I'm still using the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.6) and never found the need to update to Mojave, or later. This machine has been my daily driver since day one, and has been a completely stable "Mac". I never updated the BIOS or went beyond High Sierra (10.13.6) so it's been truly functional without any headaches.

Hope others have had success with this build as well. Cheers all.

Just put your settings for MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID and you are ready to go.

After installation you have to create your own usbport map.

The efi folder should be ok also for Catalina and Big Sur. Opencore 0.6.0

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.37.57 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 143
Just put your settings for MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID and you are ready to go.

After installation you have to create your own usbport map.

The efi folder should be ok also for Catalina and Big Sur. Opencore 0.6.0

View attachment 483255

You are simply awesome. I run iMac Pro 1,1 right now, is this compatible with your setup?

Right now i’m running clover 51xx and the latest Catalina, can I just boot your efi from USB and slowly take it from there? (With the added serial numbers etc.). Without full reinstall.

You are simply awesome. I run iMac Pro 1,1 right now, is this compatible with your setup?

Right now i’m running clover 51xx and the latest Catalina, can I just boot your efi from USB and slowly take it from there? (With the added serial numbers etc.). Without full reinstall.

I haven't done the update from Catalina to Big Sur. I have a spare SSD for testing. But I suppose that you can do it as you say. Make a backup first :)

Back