Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I have almost the exact copy of your system and recently have been getting memory warnings and notice my Intel Power Gadget pinned at 50 using 66% CPU. The item that causes this is called Systemextr, found in Activity Monitor, and seems to trigger this behavoir as well as the memory issues. I looked online and found some suggestions but no clear explanation of what it does and do I need this application. Did most of the suggestions and nothing changed. I have several ssd's in my unit and have the same issue with Mojave as in Catalina although the Catalina is an update of Mojave with most of the same apps etc. I think the memory issues started last fall and only recently noticed my power usage and overclocked issues. Any ideas appreciated and if no appropriate for this forum let me know where to post this.

I have almost the exact copy of your system and recently have been getting memory warnings and notice my Intel Power Gadget pinned at 50 using 66% CPU. The item that causes this is called Systemextr, found in Activity Monitor, and seems to trigger this behavoir as well as the memory issues. I looked online and found some suggestions but no clear explanation of what it does and do I need this application. Did most of the suggestions and nothing changed. I have several ssd's in my unit and have the same issue with Mojave as in Catalina although the Catalina is an update of Mojave with most of the same apps etc. I think the memory issues started last fall and only recently noticed my power usage and overclocked issues. Any ideas appreciated and if no appropriate for this forum let me know where to post this.

Are you running any antivirus program?

Have you deleted the folder? I don't think that is part of macOS system.

Personally, I don't have it in my ~/Library. If you have it, try to delete the hole folder.

Thanks for your reply. It is a hidden file in Users/Library and after looking further on line I found no use for this app and therefore deleted it and no further issues with messages and computer running hot and OC pegged at 50. Someone even suggested Avast which cleared my Mojave hard drive. Maybe this will help someone else as the effects are rather covert. Either a virus or malware.

I had heard stories about people reaching out to Gigabyte Support, and how friendly they are in regard to custom needs. So I had emailed support a while back straight up asking for a custom version of latest BIPS with ability to turn CFG Lock on and off. Within 3 days they had emailed me exactly that: a Custom F15a BIOS with this.
IMG_2077.JPG

So if you want the truest of power management features and not have to rely on extra kernel patches just to boot, this is the way. I'd share the BIOS but it seems when they issue a custom BIOS they sign it with customer code that requested it. When I go to page that shows version, it also has a new line that literally has customer ID,. So don't ask me to share this custom BIOS, just reach out to support and request your own.

So until seeing your guide, I always had my speakers plugged into the 3.5mm output port you labeled blue for windows 10 and audio would sometimes work and sometimes not work.

When it did work, it would say the selected device in System Preferences>Sound was "Headphones" and plugging actual headphones into the front headphone port of my Phanteks Enthoo Pro would rename that entry to "Built in speakers" and the audio would transmit over my headphones.

It always bothered me that audio would be unpredictable every time I boot so I started googling and came upon your thread.

After checking through your thread, I found that everything in my clover config matched up to yours except the value that was supposed to be the magic number "11" was a "1".

Now my red audio is "line out" and my front panel headphone jack is either "Built In speakers" or "headphones" depending on how my computer is feeling that day.

It's livable and certainly not the end of the world but I sure do wish there was an easy way to simply have the blue windows port always working and selected for our default audio source and for the outputs to be named correctly.

Because I try to install 10.15.4 to a beta SSD that I have, I couldn't proceed the installation. Stuck apple logo.

The method for me is to download 10.15.4 to application folder. After that open terminal and give

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

Where Untitled put the name of your USB.

It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete it.

Then we have to install clover bootloader 5107 to the USB, we can found it here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5107

We have to change the install location to our USB and same settings as shown above.

View attachment 459150

View attachment 459151

When the installation completes you should have an EFI partition mounted.

Download the following EFI folder and replace it.

After this you will be able to install Catalina 10.15.4. All USB ports on the back is enabled with custom SSDT.

When the installation of Catalina complete you have to install clover 5107 to the main SSD and again replace the EFI folder with the one attached.

What exact BIOS version are you using?

What are your BIOS settings?

Back