Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

@JimmakoS, latest UniBeast and MultiBeast for Catalina use Clover r5107. Easier to use.

Yes I know that, but with UniBeast the installation doesn’t work for me at least.
Yes, because you have versione F14 by BIOS. With version F14 your procedure is better. With a BIOS version up to 11 UniBeast, is fine!

@JimmakoS I read you changed your graphics card. I use the HMac for photos and videos, do you think the graphics card you took is better? Have you noticed higher performance?
Thanks.

Yes, because you have versione F14 by BIOS. With version F14 your procedure is better. With a bios version up to 11 UniBeast, is fine!
@JimmakoS I read you changed your graphics card. I use the HMac for photos and videos, do you think the graphics card you took is better? Have you noticed higher performance?
Thanks

For sure RX 5700 XT is very good card, it's better than RX VEGA 64 keep in mind. So if your main job is for video editing I think in the future you should buy one to replace RX 580.

For sure RX 5700 XT is very good card...
Just simply replace the graphics card and everything works? Obviously starting from an already working configuration ... Thanks for the advice!!

Just simply replace the graphics card and everything works? Obviously starting from an already working configuration ... Thanks for the advice!!

Before, you will add to config.plist at boot section : agdpmod=pikera

Then replace the card and you will be able to boot.

Before, you will add to config.plist at boot section : agdpmod=pikera

Then replace the card and you will be able to boot.
Fanstastic! Thanks!!!
Does the Sidecar option work with this card?
I with the RX 580 I can connect my iPad pro in Airplay. But unfortunately what I see on the iPad is only a black screen. Reading a bit around, I'm discovering that the problem is with the RX 580 and Catalina. In addition to the problem with Sidecar, it seems that there are problems with Netflix and the various browsers.

Hi, I have Mojave installed on:
Z370 Gaming 5
i7-8700
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

I would like to have a clean installation of Catalina.
What steps I have to do?
Hi!

I am no expert but here is what I did.
Your hardware is pretty much the same as I have: motherboard is here Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7. Catalina fresh install was pretty straight forward, I tried first fresh install on a spare HDD of course.
Update to latest kexts Lilu, whatevergreen. (also loaded here AppleALC, USBinjectall, IntelmausiEthernet, Atheros2200Ethernet) if you want to upgrade current Mojave. I have created USB kexts.

Stick with UniBeast (from current Mojave). Then installed EFI on the Catalina USB boot stick with latest version. I have replaced the EFI folder with my boot EFI (attached).

Boot with the stick and install Catalina. System will boot several times. When completed, you can install boot loader to the new HDD with MultiBeast for Catalina. Replace EFI with this one (create your own Serial Numbers. (Clover r5107 as of my install. Current Clover today is r5108).

I am on iMac18.3 SMBIOS version. This EFI folder here has iMac19.1. If you install on a fresh HDD, then you can keep iMac19.1. If you do an upgrade, I suggest you keep your current SMBIOS for now.

The ACPI patch works with my motherboard. If OK on your motherboard, I do not know! It is for newer BIOS versions on the Gaming7.

Attachments

• EFI running catilina 5107.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
The shutdown info looks good. I've tried everything ,and read it was my Cooler Master 240L causing the problem

Hi, I have Mojave installed on:
Z370 Gaming 5
i7-8700
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

I would like to have a clean installation of Catalina.
What steps I have to do?
Is that an 8700K? the process is very simple you just have to make everything specific like changing BIOS settings to recommended and ready to debug the error clover will post you.
I also had a similar specs desktop maybe this can help you.

Back