Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Pretty sure your usb is only operating at 2.0 since they are not configured. I will look see if I can find your USB port layout somewhere and make you a file. But even then something is going to have to be turned off or left as USB2.0. Yea the TB3 thing is a drag from the perspective of it would be cool if it was working, but I do not have any TB devices.

It was a real bonus that the Envoy Pro was a standard NVMe SSD and not the Apple spec. I wish TB3 wasn’t such a nightmare. The OWC Thunder dock was really a nice piece of hardware and addition. I guess Ebay or hold off for hope?? None the less, I appreciate you helping me see the problem and providing me with the functional editor, would graciously accept any help you could provide as far as the USB goes.

I’ve played with the Hackintool but it’s way more than I could figure out in a couple weeks. I am just overwhelmed by the options. :( I believed I did something right by deleting/ disabling the non green USB ports. But obviously I can’t know if what I did was right or not as the Alpine card was causing havoc. I just don’t know.

I believed I did something right by deleting/ disabling the non green USB ports. But obviously I can’t know if what I did was right or not as the Alpine card was causing havoc. I just don’t know.

I looked threw your EFI and found your USB SSDT. I then took your SSDT-5 from your origin file and made the attached. Place this file in the patched folder and your USB will be at least the way you had it set up. It looks similar to the number dude used on like post 2 or 3 of this thread.

Hopefully, this keeps the header for your WiFi/BT card working. It should since it was the same number you used in your old EEI.

Attachments

• SSDT-5.aml
    10.7 KB · Views: 86
I looked threw your EFI and found your USB SSDT. I then took your SSDT-5 from your origin file and made the attached. Place this file in the patched folder and your USB will be at least the way you had it set up. It looks similar to the number dude used on like post 2 or 3 of this thread.

Hopefully, this keeps the header for your WiFi/BT card working. It should since it was the same number you used in your old EEI.

So I installed the SSDT, and it booted right up multiple times which was great. Only drawback is now my single USB type c port is not working? I just got to my hotel out of town and didn’t have a lot of time to mess with it. I’ll be back tomorrow night and will play a bit more. But it didn't crash the system; I just lost my 4 bay external USB hard drive caddy.

So I installed the SSDT, and it booted right up multiple times which was great. Only drawback is now my single USB type c port is not working? I just got to my hotel out of town and didn’t have a lot of time to mess with it. I’ll be back tomorrow night and will play a bit more. But it didn't crash the system; I just lost my 4 bay external USB hard drive caddy.

I used the ports you had turned on in the SSDT you made. Maybe that port was not working before? If you take away my file all your USB ports will work but they will be operating at USB 2.0 speed. If you can get me the SS/HS numbers for all the ports you want turned on I could alter the file. I think the USB 3.1 "C" does not like sleep if you leave drives connected to it. It is also not part of the Intel controller so it should not be affected by the file I sent you.

Last edited:
My external USB box is there with and with out the SSDT. I changed the USB Type C cable, replaced it with another and it works again. Everything seems to be working OK. I'm just trying to figure out which ports are working right and which are not seems to be the issue. I use Skype for my work quite a bit. I discovered that while video conferencing and screen sharing simultaneously causes some major issues and panics the CPU. I just removed the SSDT which you provided back to me to see if that fixes anything. I worked for like an hour or so before the panic. But I kept seeing the CPU spiking upward right before the panic.

My external USB box is there with and with out the SSDT. I changed the USB Type C cable, replaced it with another and it works again. Everything seems to be working OK. I'm just trying to figure out which ports are working right and which are not seems to be the issue. I use Skype for my work quite a bit. I discovered that while video conferencing and screen sharing simultaneously causes some major issues and panics the CPU. I just removed the SSDT which you provided back to me to see if that fixes anything. I worked for like an hour or so before the panic. But I kept seeing the CPU spiking upward right before the panic.

Check the BIOS for XMP, turn it off and see if that improves your stability.

Have you ever used the Hackintool to properly patch the USB? I’m trying to run it now. See if that makes any difference. I just don’t know if I need turn turn on or off any settings in my config? I deleted the patched SSDT so it wouldn’t conflict. I guess we’ll see if I can follow the directions. lol

Have you ever used the Hackintool to properly patch the USB? I’m trying to run it now. See if that makes any difference. I just don’t know if I need turn turn on or off any settings in my config? I deleted the patched SSDT so it wouldn’t conflict. I guess we’ll see if I can follow the directions. lol

I have used Hackintool, and would use it in the future at a Minimum to at least map the ports out. However, I like the non kext method, just because kexts may no longer work in the future. Based on the USB file in your old EFI you had High Speed/HS-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and Super Speed/SS-1,2,3,4,5,6.

I replace my RX 580 with a RX 5700 Sapphire Pulse. Everything was plug and play.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 20.13.58.jpg

Back