Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Great Guide, wish I followed it more closely. I managed to get this installed after 30 hours of straight installing over and over only to discover I had to downgrade my BIOS to manage a boot. Well, it's been a couple years since my last build, and guess I've forgotten more than I remember. :( Anyhow, I have a very stable build, and all is working right except my network. IntelMausi is only giving a max of 30Mb download speed while every other machine in the house gets 150mb. I want to install the Atheros Kext but recall how a simple addition like this could brick my build. I found an old Atheros 2.3.0 kext not sure if this will work. But can someone tell me how to add the kext? I think I used kext wizard in the past to add these kext files but so much has changed. Can I just drop the kext in my S/L/E folder and rebuild cache? Please help! I'm so close. Same build as yours: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with 32GB RAM, 8700K, Vega 64, and 970 Plus, which is in top slot as I don't need the SATA ports and want access to my SSD in the event I need to remove it easier.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Download KextBeast. ->https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast-2-0-2.399/
Download Atheros and IntelMausi kexts and put it on your Desktop.
Run KextBeast and select to install those two kext to /Library/Extenesions/ (all your third party kexts should be at /Library/Extensions and not to S/L/E).
Reboot have fun.

Attachments

• AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 41

Attachments

• Running.jpeg
    Running.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
I am striking out... I have built this thing and put well over 100 hours and can't seem to find out what the issue is. I think Its the USB ports but I can't be 100% I have tried making custom SDST files based off the ACPI Origin folder and used Hackintool to rebuild them but I don't think its working right.. Ive got this Z370 Gaming 7 (F10 BIOS) motherboard with 8800K CPU at 4.9GHz, Vega 64, 32GB Corsair DDR4 memory the Fenvi FV-AC1900 WiFi card and an Alpine Ridge TB3 card installed on a 1TB 970 EVO Plus. I am so frustrated at this point as I felt I did everything correct but it just keeps giving intermittent freezes and glitches. Can someone look at my EFI and tell me where I screwed up, please. I made some modifications to the Config removing my Serial and UUID. Running Mojave 14.6. If it isn't USB its most likely there Alpine Ridge card as whenever it goes to sleep I lose the TB3 as well?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5216.jpeg
    IMG_5216.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I am striking out... I have built this thing and put well over 100 hours and can't seem to find out what the issue is. I think Its the USB ports but I can't be 100% I have tried making custom SDST files based off the ACPI Origin folder and used Hackintool to rebuild them but I don't think its working right.. Ive got this Z370 Gaming 7 (F10 BIOS) motherboard with 8800K CPU at 4.9GHz, Vega 64, 32GB Corsair DDR4 memory the Fenvi FV-AC1900 WiFi card and an Alpine Ridge TB3 card installed on a 1TB 970 EVO Plus. I am so frustrated at this point as I felt I did everything correct but it just keeps giving intermittent freezes and glitches. Can someone look at my EFI and tell me where I screwed up, please. I made some modifications to the Config removing my Serial and UUID. Running Mojave 14.6. If it isn't USB its most likely there Alpine Ridge card as whenever it goes to sleep I lose the TB3 as well?

Thunderbolt 3 is a sore spot on the Hackintosh world currently. Some people can get hot plug to work the way the want others can not. I have a Gigabyte Gaming 5. I have both a Titan Ridge and Alpine Ridge card, and I can not get either of them to work properly with hot plug and such. In addition they only show up in the BIOS if something is plugged into the card. Otherwise it is non existent. Also, sleep is likely not to work properly. As for your USB, you probably did it correctly but the TB3 card is causing some issues.

Yeah, it works perfectly without the TB3 Alpine Ridge Card. I am by no means a code master. LOL If someone that "Understands" the SDST file structure more fluently would give a much better sense of whether I should just get the designeer z390 instead or an Asus board.

None the less, I've read people getting this board to work perfectly, and, as it was a board I had used successfully with Sierra, it would have been nice to get away with the TB3 card and Z370. :(

God only knows if it was a config issue or a weird MB glitch. But I took out the TB3 Alpine card as well as my Fermi WiFi rebooted. Next I added the Fermi card and rebooted. I added the Alpine Ridge card and rebooted. The TB3 is working and doesn't disappear randomly or after returning from sleep.. Man mind boggling, I added a few fixes to my Clover config as well so honestly can't say wether it was 1 thing or the other. But working again.

Hi guys,

one year after my first successful Hackintosh build with the config presented in this thread, I updated from Mojave to Catalina.

Everything seems to work, but I have two weird issues:

1. The loading bar right before the Catalina desktop presents itself (white loading bar on black ground without Apple logo) is showing “fuzzy” (i.e. the bar is not a straight line but has some drawing issues). See here:

fuzzy-loadingbar.png

2. Having updated to Catalina, Mail.app seems to have forgotten *all* Passwords for all Accounts. Even when I am reentering the correct passwords, it won’t work (“Unable to verify account name or password”). I even tried to disable the Little Snitch firewall but that didn’t help either.

Does someone have a clue on how to fix this? Especially the second issue (without having to remove and readd all accounts)?

Edit: Apparently, I found a solution to the second issue. As described in detail here, one has to paste the password into the password-field in the respective account in Internet Accounts and then press tab (why, Apple, why? :-O). This way, the password gets saved. Then, Internet Accounts and Mail.app can be closed / quitted and once Mail.app is opened again, the connection can be made to that account. Repeat this for every account you have and Mail.app is up and running again.

Thanks
hackmymac

Last edited:
Back