Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

It's wierd we have the same system except I'm using the Sapphire RX-580 8GB. OS 10.14.5, of course.
Does OS 10.14.5 have distinct advantages over earlier Mojave versions? I'm on 10.14.1. it might be the update that is causing issues.

Yeah, that's my setup too, except that the igpu field is "blank" -WEG has done that. I'm using FCPX and Compressor does your setup allow handoff without igpu?

What is -WEG? I'm using FCPX but not compressor. I have the IGPU disabled in BIOS. When I tried to turn it on, my video renders freaked out so I turned it of as per the hackashaq build guide.

Like I said, I just copied my EFI folder to my friend's identical build and he doesn't have hot swap. Maybe the clean install had something to do with it. Also, I noticed that I do have hot swap on both TB3 ports when using a native TB3 device, but when I adapt a TB2 device using the apple TB2-TB3 adapter, it only works on port 1. It's so weird

Yeah, if you're using FCPX and/or Compressor leave the iGPU on as a helper-monkey to your RX-580.

WEG= the Whatever Green kext. You need that and Lilu in your computer's L/E folder. You may already have this, but check if in doubt. Follow the build guide and poke around here:

Yeah, if you're using FCPX and/or Compressor leave the iGPU on as a helper-monkey to your RX-580.

WEG= the Whatever Green kext. You need that and Lilu in your computer's L/E folder. You may already have this, but check if in doubt. Follow the build guide and poke around here:
but if I turn on iGPU, that needs to be reflected in my config file? How would I do that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 6.31.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 6.31.11 PM.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 178
I love this guide, thank you. I purchased all the hardware except the case. But, I’m having a difficult time installing Mojave. Is this set up compatible with Mojave, or do I need High Sierra?

Mojave will work, no problems with compatibility.
Not sure why I’m getting hung up on the installer. It won’t go beyond the apple logo with the progress bar. The bar shows it’s finished, but it stays on that screen.

Not sure why I’m getting hung up on the installer. It won’t go beyond the apple logo with the progress bar. The bar shows it’s finished, but it stays on that screen.
Try verbose booting (-v) and then snap a pic of the screen where it hangs up.

What BIOS version do you have? If you have F13, try to downgrade to F11.

What BIOS version do you have? If you have F13, try to downgrade to F11.
Yes. I’ve updated to the latest BIOS. I have F13. I will try F11 tonight. Thanks.

Back