Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Hi SebErr,

Is your USB SSDT still working? Mine is no longer working, and I'm not sure why. It showed during discovery yesterday when I prepped the config and kexts for discovery. Everything reports except the 3rd and 4th front USB ports on the front of the case (HS01 & SS01) and SS06 isn't reporting, only HS06. I didn't edit the SSDT made by @jb007 so I thought I'd ask you to please share yours since you and I have the same case. – A case no longer available.

Please and thank you. Mods: bump as needed, but everything else is stellar. That's why I haven't made my own build guide yet.

Thanks again.

Hi jiffyslot,

Yes ,no issues so far. Sorry I am currently traveling and will share it once I am back home at the end of the week. (If you still need it?)

@jiffyslot here you go

Note: I am still on 10.13.6. ;-)

I labelled the ports according to my Fractal Design R6 case. You can also find a visual overviews ,I made of the different ports here.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    738 bytes · Views: 228
  • SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    4.5 KB · Views: 81
@jiffyslot @jb007 has uploaded a custom kext for the R6 some time ago. It works very well for me with the latest macOS beta. I have attached it for you, but the original post can also be found somewhere in this thread

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 219
@jiffyslot here you go

Note: I am still on 10.13.6. ;-)

I labelled the ports according to my Fractal Design R6 case. You can also find a visual overviews ,I made of the different ports here.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Kind of odd, but, when using this SSDT, if I plug a USB 3 card reader into the red RP01 (type A sized USB), the machine KP's and restarts. I repeated it because I originally thought I'd accidentally leaned on the power switch for 4 seconds. I don't need the red USB 3.1 port, I was just testing USB 2 and 3 devices. Now, I'm wondering if I should detach the USB cable/header from the Titan Ridge card. (I'm only using TB anyway.) Or is that device simply ignored when not in use as a USB 3.1 device?

I didn't mean to make a bunch of work for you, but I'm including my EFI folder in case there's something totally off. FWIW, the system works great.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 2.18.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 2.18.24 PM.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 223
  • EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 250

I blew it, I just can't seem to tell how or where, but I do know I'm more stuck than ever and likely missing something VERY obvious.

Ok... Well, I had EVERYTHING running perfectly... started trying to "improve" some thing before wife told me to fix the cars and left in the middle of what I was doing (edits to Config, messing with my .AMLs) as I was trying to determine cause of occassional diskarb during indexing (mds/mdworker). At some point, closed things out to reboot (7-8 days running flawlessly on 10.14.5 with F13) otherwise. Of course, hadn't invoked my mirror or established alternate bootable vol yet.

Reboot gave me some strange APFS hang. (Sys Drive - EVO Pro 760 512GB NVME.M2)---

Since then, I can't get ANYTHING (made a dozen or so USBs) to get me to boot. Vanilla Unibeast, Vanilla Clover, etc... Initially hoping to gain access to any of my 6 drives and then to trying to reinstall... Tried disabling all drives, removing

Now, I'm baffled... I can't even get a simple FULL Installation to boot. Always seems to stop at:

apfs_module_start:1393: load com.apple.filesystems.apfs, v945.260.7 2019/04/26

Preceeding messages, though thought maybe benign(?) are:

1. ACPI Exception: AW_BAD_PARAMETER, Could not install PciConfig handler for Roob Bridge PCI0 (20160930/evergnini-340)
  2. AppleNVMe Assert failed ( 0 != data ).....

I'm so baffled. I'd just like to boot ANYTHING. ROFLMAO---I a blow it. Any Ideas (other than jump off cliff)?

Last edited:
Possible CMOS/BIOS corrupted?

The “ACPI Exception: AW_BAD_PARAMETER, Could not install PciConfig handler for Roob Bridge PCI0 (20160930/evergnini-340)” is a known ACPI error that I have noted in this thread before. You can ignore it.

Try this if you can.

1. Clear your CMOS/BIOS by shorting the clear CMOS jumper pins on your motherboard. Make sure you have turned of all power first! See your Mobo manual for details.
  2. Then reset your BIOS settings and make sure you use F7 to load system defaults first.
  3. You should be able to boot using your UniBeast into the setup.
  4. Once in setup screen, go into DiskUtil and select the disk and run FirstAid in it.
  5. If UniBeast can’t boot, try enabling “use above 64GB memory” in BIOS... can’t remember exactly what it’s called.
If you manage to get to the first aid ⛑ in disk utility and find you have uncorrectable errors then others might be able to advise you on your options.

Bottom line though us this build is very easy to boot, so that’s why I think it might be a corruption in your BIOS. Just a hunch. I have had my BIOS corrupted not only on this build but also in my Z390 Pro build.

Best of luck, let us know how you went.

Help:

I have the same system as original post. Updated to 10.14.5 with no problems. Some USB ports cause conflict (unable to sleep or shutdown) but as long as I don't use them everything is stable.

My problem:

Have sound output through optical port to sound-bar. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Watched a YouTube video with sound for 30 minutes. First 20 minutes sound is fine then loose sound. No changes made in system. Reboot computer and sound still does not work. Leave system in sleep mode overnight and refresh, sound works for awhile! Again, no changes in settings. Changed the optical cable and no improvement.

Any idea what is causing this issue. Seems like a hardware issue. Not sure how I can test the system or troubleshoot it!

Thanks all

Last edited:
What is working best for now is BIOS F7 with Alpine Ridge along with KPG's SSDT. Under PCI Devices it shows as Titan Ridge but it works flawlessly!

Thanks KPG and LeleTuratti! :clap:
Hey, @Gothic4684 Great! I'm looking to do exactly the same thing. Although, for some reason, I have lost hotplug in Windows and I'm trying to fix that before making the final push to get hot plug to work in macOS. Just to confirm, you unplugged the TH_C header while running macOS? could you also list the patches and kexts you are using?

Back