Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I can confirm that it is working with Mojave 10.14.4. Thanks @vincerutabaga for the link.

I just wonder what the ACPI patch is doing in a technical sense? Any clues guys/gals?

I can confirm that it is working with Mojave 10.14.4. Thanks @vincerutabaga for the link.

I just wonder what the ACPI patch is doing in a technical sense? Any clues guys/gals?
To answer my own question, I believe the ACPI patch fixes the RTC (Real Time Clock) as mentioned in this post here.

Yes, also on F13 (modded) with that patch. That's exactly what I was waiting for. I know some were using F12 and F13 using custom DSDT patches, but I prefer to automate patching with Clover so they persist through bios updates and the likes (you're supposed to redo a DSDT every bios update). I knew someone smart would eventually make a hotpatch to deal with the newer BIOS issues. :D

All good with the latest Mojave update for our motherboard. Don't forget to update Whatevergreen,lilu and AppleALC to the latest version.
View attachment 395198

Can you share your EFI folder with me...
I have a similar system as yours...
It would really help me with my install if you could share the folder...

ALSO, confirming that we use the F11 bios...

Can you share your EFI folder with me...
I have a similar system as yours...
It would really help me with my install if you could share the folder...

ALSO, confirming that we use the F11 bios...

Here is my Efi folder, I have delete serial number, put your details.
I'm at F11 Bios.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.2 MB · Views: 293
ONE YEAR UPDATE:

Hey all, OP here. :)

I rarely check into this thread, because my build has worked and worked flawlessly. Guess what? It's been one year since I made this build. Wow, time flies.

I'm really shocked at how smooth this build has been running this entire time. Literally no issues whatsoever for me as per the build I outlined in the first post.

I'm still on High Sierra simply because I don't really have a need (or want) to update to Mojave, but it's nice to know that it sounds like it's not an issue to update to Mojave if need be.

For my original build, I installed 32GB of RAM. That was definitely enough for me. However, I just noticed a huge price drop in the exact same RAM I used for my build.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black

One Year Ago Price: $355.75
Today's Price: $144.99

Quite a nice price drop for this RAM, so I just treated myself to a one year anniversary gift for this flawless machine, and bought another 32GB of RAM. Arrives Tuesday, making the build so-to-be 64GB of RAM. Can't hurt, especially if I start doing more video.

Anyway, just wanted to thank all the people who have posted to this thread and kept the information flowing to those who wanted to match this build. Hopefully Apple will announce a new Mac Pro in June at the WWDC, but even if they do, everyone who has built this machine didn't have to wait and got a speedy Mac at a fraction of Apple's prices. Win/win.

Cheers to all.

Hey first of all thanks for this great guide!

The mainboard (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7) isn't available here anymore (not even used), and I'm looking for a good alternative. I'd like to use have a similar board with everything working like with the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. The guide explains installing some custom configs and kexts etc., and I'm worried that I can't figure those things out for other mainboards. Is there a mainboard that I could use and still use this exact guide (using every config edit and kext extension as outlined here)?

Thanks and cheers!

Hey first of all thanks for this great guide!

The mainboard (Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7) isn't available here anymore (not even used), and I'm looking for a good alternative. I'd like to use have a similar board with everything working like with the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. The guide explains installing some custom configs and kexts etc., and I'm worried that I can't figure those things out for other mainboards. Is there a mainboard that I could use and still use this exact guide (using every config edit and kext extension as outlined here)?

Thanks and cheers!

You can see this golden build.

Update: I've just installed a new GC-Titan Ridge card (with all of those extra internal cables) and woke it up with a new UEFI install of Windows 10 Pro. Pretty much the same performance as the Alpine Ridge, but that's more than likely a speed limit of the Apollo 8 Quad. I'm attaching a couple screen shots of the GT/s and the Z370 SSDT/DTPG that @kgp built.

Attachments

• Close Enough 1.png
    Close Enough 1.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Close Enough 2.png
    Close Enough 2.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 155
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 157
  • SSDT-Z370-TB3HP.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 158
Back