Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

The only place you should put your SSDTs is /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Where you put kexts should have no impact on your SSDTs.

To install kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, just drag-n-drop or copy+paste. You don't need any kexts installer to install to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

If you want to remove kexts from /Library/Extensions/, yes. Delete them, then run the Terminal command to rebuild kext cache.

If you want to remove kexts fro /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, just delete them.

View attachment 393033

pastry.... This I hate to write this (it's NOOB-ish, but perhaps my gray matter is failing... What about the non-apple Kexts in /S/L/E such as remnants likely from prior year configs? Can they just be deleted before issuing the terminal rebuild commands?

pastry.... This I hate to write this (it's NOOB-ish, but perhaps my gray matter is failing... What about the non-apple Kexts in /S/L/E such as remnants likely from prior year configs? Can they just be deleted before issuing the terminal rebuild commands?

Hackintosh kexts? Yes, you can delete them and run the Terminal command.

Does anybody else with this hardware combo have a mouse pointer often frozen upon boot? My USB configuration is borrowed from @jb007 via this post. It has occurred with all other USB configurations I've tried, with all USB ports I've tried (mainly in the back panel).

The mouse is a Corsair M65 Pro. Unplugging and re-plugging to the same port unfreezes the pointer.

Edit for grammar

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.51.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.51.21 AM.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I occasionally have the same problem with both my Corsair K95 Platinium keyboard and the Glaive mouse. Even though both light up, they are not recognized.

At this stage, I have no solution. but what I do is make Clover wait (there is a setting in config.plist to halt indefinitely at the menu), and I power cycle the powered USB hub I have, and all is well in my world. I believe it has to do with the very high interrupt rate of these 'gaming' devices. I have the same problem upon boot from the boot phase in Windows and Linux, so I don't believe it's a macOS thing.

If it's freezing at the Clover menu, then it's not a macOS thing.

You just get from here jiffy. https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html
Get the modded F11 update 5 to have no issues. Even the modded F12 and f13 won't work without fixing the APCI errors with a custom DSDT.

Remember, after flash redo settings, you can also do terminal command to confirm microcode was updated from 150 to 174. Also, yes, the reboot issues are fixed as well. It's the latest feb microcode not the late december one that fixed security issues but contained random reboots bug. I have had no issues with the 174 microcode version.

Hi,

Have you been able to determine if Mojave is "applying" that BIOS update? -Not just in reporting the microcode version, but in actual performance. Has your performance improved?

Last edited:
Hi,
No problem here, I have similar config from @jb007. Keyboard is USB from HP and standard mouse usb from hp too.

By the way, 10.14.4 update no problem. I have the kexts whatevergreen, Lilu and USBInjectAll updated before. Clover 4910 version.

I occasionally have the same problem with both my Corsair K95 Platinium keyboard and the Glaive mouse. Even though both light up, they are not recognized.

At this stage, I have no solution. but what I do is make Clover wait (there is a setting in config.plist to halt indefinitely at the menu), and I power cycle the powered USB hub I have, and all is well in my world. I believe it has to do with the very high interrupt rate of these 'gaming' devices. I have the same problem upon boot from the boot phase in Windows and Linux, so I don't believe it's a macOS thing.

If it's freezing at the Clover menu, then it's not a macOS thing.

One little quirk of this machine is that when I startup the computer from a cold startup (not a wake from sleep) the dual monitor setup defaults to 1920x1080 resolution when booted up into the Finder.
Is there any chance that setting your desired 1440p resolution as Clover's "Gui" "screen resolution" will carry over into the Mac OS boot? Worth a try.

have this motherboard....

Want to do a clean Mojave install...

Is there a an EFI folder that someone has that works for this?

I have the board working in High Sierra, but suspect that Mojave changed things.

To update to the last bios, use this ACPI patch:
I put it before updating the BIOS. It works great.

Back