Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Kexts must be in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Others/, in your config.plist "SIP" must be on "0x67" (although the entire approach might also work with "0x00", i.e. SIP enabled) and "Inject kexts" must be on "Yes" such as implemented in my EFI-Folder distributions. No need to use any additional kext in /L/E. All additional kexts can be implemented under /EFI/Clove/kexts/Others/ and will be fully operational such.

All System SSDTs must be under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Neither kexts nor SSDTs are purely cosmetic.

If the Hackintosh kexts are being injected by Clover, SIP can be enabled. I have SIP enabled with no issues at all.

Hello! does anybody can run working hot-swap on thunderbolt 3 alpine ridge at z370 GB gaming 7 motherboard?

I used right SSDT that shows correct values in ioreg (see attach), but hot swap doesn't worked for me... This is my bios settings in attach (I'm using F7 bios), may be someone could advice me, what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4907.jpg
    IMG_4907.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4909.jpg
    IMG_4909.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 179
  • ioregprop — IOService — IOThunderboltLocalNode 2019-03-14 16-15-43.png
    ioregprop — IOService — IOThunderboltLocalNode 2019-03-14 16-15-43.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 113
Hi @Ferz2019. I've had a brief look at all of your files. I gather the second EFI.zip is your current EFI.
  1. You're config.plist is 'all over the place' and is not correct. I'd suggest you read the config setup that is at the beginning of this guide. I also suggest you use 18,3 in your SMBIOS. I made some improvements over the config.plist that @HackaShaq published, but other his should get you going in the right direction, but I suggest you use 18,3 not 14,2(?) as he published.
  2. It is bad practice to have all of the kexts in your Other directory. The correct place is in /Library/Extensions. Read my numerous posts in this thread on what you should have in there. The only file I have in my Other is FakeSMC.kext, and it should be the same version as in /L/E.
  3. You should not require a DSDT (DSDT15.aml) your patched directory. This mobo works fine with out DSDT patches.
  4. What is the ECDT.aml file (Embedded Controller Boot Resources Table) ??? Get rid of it.
  5. Have you setup your USB ports?
  6. The TB card requires a USB cable going to the USB2 port, is this connected?
  7. What files and versions have you in your /L/E directory?
  8. What files have you added, if any, in your /System/Library/Extensions directory?
Without sounding harsh, until you have a system setup as per this guide, it is very hard for anyone to help you with the Thunderbolt side of things. I've had no problems with the Alpine Ridge using F7 BIOS, but this was on Mojave, not High Sierra.

Regarding your NVIDIA card, could you use the iGPU for your Mac, and upgrade to Mojave where most of the work has been done with TB, and use your NVIDIA card if you dual boot into Windows? Without any bias, IMHO AMD is the better choice for macOS going forward.

From my hazy memory, others have TB hotplug working in HS. Could they let me know if this is true?

Jim :geek:
@jb007. Hello and thanks for that big answer, sorry for time delay to answer you.

1. This is config that I take from other website with the same mobo. If it's helps, I can replace config from my to this in first post, but in my config everything works fine for me except Thunderbolt hot swap...
  2. I moved all of my kext files to /s/l/e folder and copied the same fakesmc.kext file to /s/l/e from /kexts/other EFI folder.
  3. I removed this file from EFI folder.
  4. I removed this file from EFI folder.
  5. Yes, all USB ports works fine for me, I used patch to enable all ports in config.plist.
  6. Yes THB-C cable, connected.
  7. Nothing more additional files, only system, I reinstall a clean copy to configure thunderbolt on Mac.
  8. All files from /kexts/other folder and nothing more.
I installed clean version of Mojave on second drive but situation is the same, Thunderbolt Device present until first unplug. After that no thunderbolt device is available.

After that, I doing all things Besides editing config.plist but result the same... no hot-swap

@Ferz2019 The instructions in post 1 are outdated, you should look for the posts from @jb007 in this thread. There's still no post that summarizes the current state, but if you take the time to scroll through the last 50 pages or so, you will find a config that works for you.

Last edited:
If the Hackintosh kexts are being injected by Clover, SIP can be enabled. I have SIP enabled with no issues at all.

Thank you. Some important questions, though:

Does a build running from EFI-based kexts also have a better chance of fully implementing the items in EFI<Clover<ACPI<Patched<SSDTs? -Or do SSDTs always work from the EFI (i.e., Do SSDTs behave this way on a Mac?)

Another thing I was wondering is how you were able to install kexts to EFI without using KextBeast -which only gives the options L/E and S/L/E. Can you drag using finder, or did you use Clover Configurator to point to EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other. (As you know, KextBeast only gives the options L/E and S/L/E.)

Do I need to remove the hack kexts via the Terminal? Or can I drag them out with the Finder, rebuild with sudo kextcache -i / and then install the kexts to EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other how do you sudo kextcache -i / the EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other folder kexts?

The reason I'm interested in this is I am wondering if 0x67 could be interfering with the full functionality of Thunderbolt, given it's security issues in the past. Using your method, I was considering keeping the BooterConfig at 0x28 and setting the CsrActiveConfig as 0x3.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Right now minus the MLB.png
    Right now minus the MLB.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Tools besides CC and XCode.png
    Tools besides CC and XCode.png
    15 KB · Views: 174
  • Mojave on HFS.png
    Mojave on HFS.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 182
Thank you. Some important questions, though:

Does a build running from EFI-based kexts also have a better chance of fully implementing the items in EFI<Clover<ACPI<Patched<SSDTs? -Or do SSDTs always work from the EFI (i.e., Do SSDTs behave this way on a Mac?)

Another thing I was wondering is how you were able to install kexts to EFI without using KextBeast -which only gives the options L/E and S/L/E. Can you drag using finder, or did you use Clover Configurator to point to EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other. (As you know, KextBeast only gives the options L/E and S/L/E.)

Do I need to remove the hack kexts via the Terminal? Or can I drag them out with the Finder, rebuild with sudo kextcache -i / and then install the kexts to EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other how do you sudo kextcache -i / the EFI<Clover<Kexts<Other folder kexts?

The reason I'm interested in this is I am wondering if 0x67 could be interfering with the full functionality of Thunderbolt, given it's security issues in the past. Using your method, I was considering keeping the BooterConfig at 0x28 and setting the CsrActiveConfig as 0x3.

Thank you for your time.

The only place you should put your SSDTs is /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Where you put kexts should have no impact on your SSDTs.

To install kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, just drag-n-drop or copy+paste. You don't need any kexts installer to install to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

If you want to remove kexts from /Library/Extensions/, yes. Delete them, then run the Terminal command to rebuild kext cache.

If you want to remove kexts fro /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, just delete them.

@jb007. Hello and thanks for that big answer, sorry for time delay to answer you.

1. This is config that I take from other website with the same mobo. If it's helps, I can replace config from my to this in first post, but in my config everything works fine for me except Thunderbolt hot swap...
  2. I moved all of my kext files to /s/l/e folder and copied the same fakesmc.kext file to /s/l/e from /kexts/other EFI folder.
  3. I removed this file from EFI folder.
  4. I removed this file from EFI folder.
  5. Yes, all USB ports works fine for me, I used patch to enable all ports in config.plist.
  6. Yes THB-C cable, connected.
  7. Nothing more additional files, only system, I reinstall a clean copy to configure thunderbolt on Mac.
  8. All files from /kexts/other folder and nothing more.
I installed clean version of Mojave on second drive but situation is the same, Thunderbolt Device present until first unplug. After that no thunderbolt device is available.

After that, I doing all things Besides editing config.plist but result the same... no hot-swap

Hi, Ferz2019.
1. As per my original post, irrespective of whether your config.plist is working for someone else, it is far from what I have used and this motherboard needs very little in the way of settings to work. It is very hard to find faults when there is a vast difference between configs. I'd suggest you grab one of the later ones of mine in this post and use it to set up yours.
2. The kexts should only go into /Library/Extensions, not /Sytems/Library/Extensions as you have stated. Is this a mistake?

I and others have had TB3 working with BIOS F7 and Alpine Ridge. Having said that, I still can't hot-swap my Razor Core X eGPU only my OCW 10GBe ethernet adapter, so maybe it is hot-swapping for a select set of devices.
I have also a Titan Ridge which is proving more difficult to get going as far as hot-swapping goes. Definitely a work in progress, or 'holy grail'.

Hello guys, I have a problem, I bought a new monitor (LG 27UK600 4K) and after that I noticed that hardware encoding stop working. With my previous display (1920x1080) everything was ok.
Also in the section About this Mac it shows the resolution as 5K 5120x2880 (5K/UHD+ - Ultra High Definition Plus).
Any thoughts?
Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 22.04.13.png Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 22.04.42.png

Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 22.09.01.png

Hello guys, I have a problem, I bought a new monitor (LG 27UK600 4K) and after that I noticed that hardware encoding stop working. With my previous display (1920x1080) everything was ok.
Also in the section About this Mac it shows the resolution as 5K 5120x2880 (5K/UHD+ - Ultra High Definition Plus).
Any thoughts?
View attachment 393197View attachment 393198

View attachment 393199

Ok, the problem was shikigva=1. After I remove it, everything run fine again.

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 14.09.08.pngScreenshot 2019-03-17 at 14.08.45.png

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 14.08.20.png

@HackaShaq I made the same mistake as you with the RAM being in the wrong spot. However, when I switched it over to the proper configuration, it gives me an error and doesn’t boot. It tells me “error loading kernel cache (0x1b). Could you please help?

Back