Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

So I did a clean install of Mojave, having read that most of the issues with the integrated graphics chip was dealt in Mojave, as it recognizes our intel UHD 630 natively. To my surprise, I had the same exact problems. That was indeed whatevergreen that solved the problem for me, as several users had told me. I must have missed a step when I installed it in High Sierra.

I then used this EFI @pastrychef gave me (thanks again) and sound was back on. Thanks to all of you, I now can fully use my hack and even Logic pro seems to run smoother in Mojave (at least on my system).
@pastrychef , I noticed in the config file you gave me, you chose iMac18,1 system definition. Other users like @jb007 are using iMac18,3 (if I'm correct). From what I understood, this choice has a lot to do with USB ports setup. I read a lot of information on this forum, but I haven't seen a "definitive" guide to USB ports setup in Mojave. So I guess my question is: are there still things that I need to do to get all my usb ports working properly?

SMBIOS 18.1 and 18.3 it has to do with graphics card mostly. Because you are using UHD 630 is preferred to use 18.1, for dGPU is 18.3. As far for the USB port you can use the following SSDT and place it to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED.
I assume that you have usbinjectall.kext installed to L/E or EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-EC-18.3.aml
    695 bytes · Views: 164
So I did a clean install of Mojave, having read that most of the issues with the integrated graphics chip was dealt in Mojave, as it recognizes our intel UHD 630 natively. To my surprise, I had the same exact problems. That was indeed whatevergreen that solved the problem for me, as several users had told me. I must have missed a step when I installed it in High Sierra.

I then used this EFI @pastrychef gave me (thanks again) and sound was back on. Thanks to all of you, I now can fully use my hack and even Logic pro seems to run smoother in Mojave (at least on my system).
@pastrychef , I noticed in the config file you gave me, you chose iMac18,1 system definition. Other users like @jb007 are using iMac18,3 (if I'm correct). From what I understood, this choice has a lot to do with USB ports setup. I read a lot of information on this forum, but I haven't seen a "definitive" guide to USB ports setup in Mojave. So I guess my question is: are there still things that I need to do to get all my usb ports working properly?

Yes. If you are using a dGPU, then use iMac18,3. If you are using ONLY IGPU, use iMac18,1.

Yes. You should do one of the "proper" USB 15 port limit fixes. Since I don't have your motherboard, I can not help with the port discovery and fix. There are several guides on addressing the USB 15 port limit. You can use Hackintool to help get it done.

SMBIOS 18.1 and 18.3 it has to do with graphics card mostly. Because you are using UHD 630 is preferred to use 18.1, for dGPU is 18.3. As far for the USB port you can use the following SSDT and place it to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED.
I assume that you have usbinjectall.kext installed to L/E or EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER.
I do, I have usbinjectall.kext lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC installed in L/E.

Yes. If you are using a dGPU, then use iMac18,3. If you are using ONLY IGPU, use iMac18,1.

Yes. You should do one of the "proper" USB 15 port limit fixes. Since I don't have your motherboard, I can not help with the port discovery and fix. There are several guides on addressing the USB 15 port limit. You can use Hackintool to help get it done.

Ok, I'll try to learn more about proper ways to fix USB 15 port limit. Stupid question though: I only count 11 USB ports on my board, with two of them (the 3.1 one and the one in the same row) that are unaffected by the port limit (if I remember correctly a post from @jb007 ). So what is this limit exactly?

I also noticed that sleep is now very laggy, sometimes crashes completely and always ejects "badly" USB devices. I had no such problems with sleep in High Sierra using OP's settings. I think it may have something to do with Hibernation, as the sleep mode that is crashing seems to be the one that involves hibernation (the one when you hear a clicking noise coming from inside the case, as if you were shutting down the computer... I don't remember the different sleep modes names :) ).
I found this thread about an hibertation fixup kext : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/is-hibernation-supported.233840/#post-1811512
Is is safe to use ?

I do, I have usbinjectall.kext lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC installed in L/E.

Ok, I'll try to learn more about proper ways to fix USB 15 port limit. Stupid question though: I only count 11 USB ports on my board, with two of them (the 3.1 one and the one in the same row) that are unaffected by the port limit (if I remember correctly a post from @jb007 ). So what is this limit exactly?

I also noticed that sleep is now very laggy, sometimes crashes completely and always ejects "badly" USB devices. I had no such problems with sleep in High Sierra using OP's settings. I think it may have something to do with Hibernation, as the sleep mode that is crashing seems to be the one that involves hibernation (the one when you hear a clicking noise coming from inside the case, as if you were shutting down the computer... I don't remember the different sleep modes names :) ).
I found this thread about an hibertation fixup kext : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/is-hibernation-supported.233840/#post-1811512
Is is safe to use ?

It doesn't matter how many USB ports your motherboard has. The Z370 chipset has 26 and that's what macOS will see. You can desolder all the USB ports on your motherboard but macOS will still see 26.

Don't expect sleep to work correctly until USB is fixed. As far as I know, hackintoshes have no support for hibernate.

It doesn't matter how many USB ports your motherboard has. The Z370 chipset has 26 and that's what macOS will see. You can desolder all the USB ports on your motherboard but macOS will still see 26.

Don't expect sleep to work correctly until USB is fixed. As far as I know, hackintoshes have no support for hibernate.

Thank you @pastrychef ! Ok so what matters is the chipset. I'm glad you told me unsoldering USB ports wasn't the way to go as it was obviously the next thing I would have try :D. I don't care much about hibernation anyway, and as I'm planning to add Thunderbolt capability to my setup, I'm ready to just entirely deactivate sleep if I'm unable to activate thunderbolt hotplug. Time to learn more about USB fix then!

Thank you @pastrychef ! Ok so what matters is the chipset. I'm glad you told me unsoldering USB ports wasn't the way to go as it was obviously the next thing I would have try :D. I don't care much about hibernation anyway, and as I'm planning to add Thunderbolt capability to my setup, I'm ready to just entirely deactivate sleep if I'm unable to activate thunderbolt hotplug. Time to learn more about USB fix then!

The easiest thing to do would be to launch IORegistryExplorer and look at the USB section. With USBInjectAll.kext installed, you will see how many USB ports are enabled by the BIOS. Do your port discovery to find out how each of your motherboard's USB ports are numbered. Then, do the fix. There are multiple ways to do the fix:
  • Create an SSDT with all the ports defined, then use config.plist to exclude enough ports to bring total port count down to 15 or less.
  • Create an SSDT with only the ports you intend to use.
  • Create a kext with only the ports you intend to use.
Personally, I used the first method because it makes it extremely easy to change the active ports in the future.

The easiest thing to do would be to launch IORegistryExplorer and look at the USB section. With USBInjectAll.kext installed, you will see how many USB ports are enabled by the BIOS. Do your port discovery to find out how each of your motherboard's USB ports are numbered. Then, do the fix. There are multiple ways to do the fix:
  • Create an SSDT with all the ports defined, then use config.plist to exclude enough ports to bring total port count down to 15 or less.
  • Create an SSDT with only the ports you intend to use.
  • Create a kext with only the ports you intend to use.
Personally, I used the first method because it makes it extremely easy to change the active ports in the future.

Thank you! I understand better what USB fix would mean now.

However, not that I'm not willing to do the work and create this SSDT by myself, the SSDT provided by @JimmakoS should have fixed usb for me, since he's using the same motherboard as me, shouldn't it have?

Thank you! I understand better what USB fix would mean now.

However, not that I'm not willing to do the work and create this SSDT by myself, the SSDT provided by @JimmakoS should have fixed usb for me, since he's using the same motherboard as me, shouldn't it have?
With this SSDT you will be fine.

@jb007 Hello! how did you enabled Thunderbolt AQ107?
I have a Sonnet TB Solo 10Gbe (Aquantia 107) but my system only detect it as USB instead TB device.
Did you tried eGPU in mojave? (I have a Razer Core X + Radeon VII) but not detected any TB.

X299 - smbios imacpro1,1
Titan ridge card.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.7 MB · Views: 210
  • iMac Pro de Juan.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 117
With the Windows update recently hosing ability to customize audio layout in windows to match macOS, I'm now forced to use the base audio layout in windows, which does NOT mac the custom one in macOS. so audio layout 11 isn't really working for me anymore. Sadly, I tried every other layout that's included in lilu plugin and NONE of them match windows. Is it possible to create a custom layout (well not actually custom, but non custom one that ACTUALLY matches windows default).

I bandaided around them not matching for a while, thanks to ability to remap layout completely in realtek control panel in windows, but windows recently released an update that utterly hosed control panel. There is a new version of driver/control panel for the windows update but it had to remove the very feature that let me remap the layout. :\

Short term, now when I reboot into windows I have to rewrite the audio into a different jack layout, and that's less than ideal long term.

Back