Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I'v changed your system definition to iMac 18.3, added patches that Mac OS expect to see, enable PluginType for cpu power management. Removed inject intel. You will be ok without it. Lilu and its plugins it has to do a lot with graphics issues.
Thanks a lot I'm going to test this next week.

Hi everyone,

I have the exactly same build as this one (except the graphic card, it’s a nVidia 1070 Ti) and I’m currently stuck at « Creating RAM Disk for /var/log » on the installation process.
I tried sevral USB ports on the motherboard and also sevral USB sticks (2.0 and 3.0) but nothing works.
I also tried with and without the graphics card.

This is not my first hackintosh and this situation is really frustating :D
Can you help me?
Thanks a lot! :)

EDIT : it's working now ;)

Last edited:
If someone wants, I can write a mini guide about installing Mac OS Mojave.
If you want to write one up post it in Mojave Desktop Guides. I'll see if @HackaShaq will add a link to it in post #1 of this thread.

Hi everyone,

I still have graphics issue with my build that I can’t seem to fix. I didn’t install a discreet graphic card so I’m using the internal intel chip. I do not rule out the possibility to get a RX 580 to add a monitor in the near future, but I’d like to buy a used GPU to save some €. In the mean time I need my build fully working.

So my problem is that there are a lot of graphic artefacts, mostly on the desktop when moving icons, and when using browsers (google chrome in particular). The display of tabs for example, is so glitchy that I can’t even read the tabs titles.

I followed @jb007 advice and flashed the BIOS to F10 but this hasn’t solved the issue. I had to go back to F1 at first because after updating the BIOS my system wouldn’t boot anymore. I had to check « inject intel » in my clover config to get my system booting with F10.

I’m on 10.13.16 and I tried to install apple security updates (2019-001), but it also made my system unable to boot so I restored my previous system with a clone SSD. Here’s what I get when I try to install security updates :

I’m using a config file that @jb007 gave to another user who was also using intel integrated graphics. I think the only modification I did was checking « inject Intel » to get High Sierra booting with F10 BIOS, but I haven't had the time to mess around too much these days, so maybe I did other modifications that I don't remember.

I’m using the same BIOS settings than those given by OP, with two exceptions :

initial display output : "PCIe 1 Slot"
I tried putting "iGFX" but the setting automatically switches back to "PCIe 1" after I hit « save & exit »
internal graphics : "Auto"
same comment: when I choose "enabled" it switches back to "Auto" after restart for some reason.

Also, this might be unrelated, but when I followed the post installation guide provided by OP, I noticed something wrong. According to OP, I should have had 3 kexts already installed but I lack this one :

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Any ideas to get the graphics working normally?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 136
Hi everyone,

I still have graphics issue with my build that I can’t seem to fix. I didn’t install a discreet graphic card so I’m using the internal intel chip. I do not rule out the possibility to get a RX 580 to add a monitor in the near future, but I’d like to buy a used GPU to save some €. In the mean time I need my build fully working.

So my problem is that there are a lot of graphic artefacts, mostly on the desktop when moving icons, and when using browsers (google chrome in particular). The display of tabs for example, is so glitchy that I can’t even read the tabs titles.

I followed @jb007 advice and flashed the BIOS to F10 but this hasn’t solved the issue. I had to go back to F1 at first because after updating the BIOS my system wouldn’t boot anymore. I had to check « inject intel » in my clover config to get my system booting with F10.

I’m on 10.13.16 and I tried to install apple security updates (2019-001), but it also made my system unable to boot so I restored my previous system with a clone SSD. Here’s what I get when I try to install security updates :

View attachment 389502

I’m using a config file that @jb007 gave to another user who was also using intel integrated graphics. I think the only modification I did was checking « inject Intel » to get High Sierra booting with F10 BIOS, but I haven't had the time to mess around too much these days, so maybe I did other modifications that I don't remember.

I’m using the same BIOS settings than those given by OP, with two exceptions :

initial display output : "PCIe 1 Slot"
I tried putting "iGFX" but the setting automatically switches back to "PCIe 1" after I hit « save & exit »
internal graphics : "Auto"
same comment: when I choose "enabled" it switches back to "Auto" after restart for some reason.

Also, this might be unrelated, but when I followed the post installation guide provided by OP, I noticed something wrong. According to OP, I should have had 3 kexts already installed but I lack this one :

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Any ideas to get the graphics working normally?

Try unchecking the Inject Intel in config.plist > Graphics

Try unchecking the Inject Intel in config.plist > Graphics
Thank you for your answer. I just did and I still have this problem. It's strange because I thought I needed "Inject Intel" checked to get my system booting with F10, but apparently I doesn't.

Thank you for your answer. I just did and I still have this problem. It's strange because I thought I needed "Inject Intel" checked to get my system booting with F10, but apparently I doesn't.

With Mojave, it's easier than High Sierra. The 8th gen CPUs are natively recognized and you don't have to Inject Intel or use FakeIDs. Just install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

With Mojave, it's easier than High Sierra. The 8th gen CPUs are natively recognized and you don't have to Inject Intel or use FakeIDs. Just install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.
That's also true with 10.13.6 with all recent security updates. They ported the MacBook Pro 2018 changes into 10.13.6 many months back. 9x00 cpus and UHD 630 natively recognized and supported. I use Lilu and Whatever green to handle mine. I use it headless because only purpose I'm using IGP for is hardware decoding and DRM. dedicated GPU is for everything else.

it's likely the issue in fact with the person who's having trouble post security update. A lot of that hackery that was needed on base 10.13.6 isn't needed (and may in fact cause problems) post security update.

Back