Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I doubt that High Sierra vs. Mojave makes a difference here, but who knows.
This is why I had hoped jb007 would be able to post a new Mojave guide. He has more important matters to attend to in his personal life now. I'm certain that the USB information applies to either HS or Mojave. Hopefully the OP will have some time to check in here and help fill in the missing pieces.

Here. I've put in the links plus a couple extra useful links from the TonyMac site
You can post direct links to these so that others can find them easily with one click. For example, here's the direct link to post #1198 by hackmymac:

View attachment 388075
Then you just copy the whole URL and it links directly to that post. So as you can see above, post #1198 is actually 1874856 on page 120 of this guide.

Fixed. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...l-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/page-163#post-1911143 Fixed again... It's shorter...

Last edited:
Guys can you see the all the fans speed in HWmonitor? I can see only one of my fans.
Hi Jim, try these alternative drivers in your /L/E folder and replace the existing HWMonitor files with these.
From memory, as I'm not at my hack ATM, these will/should give you AMD temp and fan speeds.
Jim

Hi do you think this build would work with the gaming 5 motherboard:) I tried to find the gaming 7. I did find it on amazon but the seller would not ship to Sweden

Hi do you think this build would work with the gaming 5 motherboard:) I tried to find the gaming 7. I did find it on amazon but the seller would not ship to Sweden
Others have used Gaming 5 with no issues that I'm aware off. Just be aware that using the iGPU UHD 630 can be troublesome. Try to use a AMD Radeon RX580. NVIDIA cards have no drivers if you are going to use Mojave.

Others have used Gaming 5 with no issues that I'm aware off. Just be aware that using the iGPU UHD 630 can be troublesome. Try to use a AMD Radeon RX580. NVIDIA cards have no drivers if you are going to use Mojave.

Thank you.
Yeah, that’s the exact one am was thinking about. :)
Do you know if it’s able to just plug and play kind off installation? :) ...on the RX 580 card?:)

Hello. Does somebody can turn on Thunderbolt 3 hot swap function on this mobo?

Hello. Does somebody can turn on Thunderbolt 3 hot swap function on this mobo?

As far as I know, only Gigabyte Alpine Ridge is now working with hot-swap. It only works with BIOS F9. I have both Alpine Ridge and Titan Ridge (TR). TR only works with BIOS F11. BIOS F12c is utter #$@! and will not boot, I know since I spent nearly a day on it trying to get it going. I'm currently using my TR on F11, but under macOS Mojave hot-swap alludes me and others. Interestingly TB works OTB under Linux and Windows 10. macOS hot-swap works differently compared to Linux and Windows, Apple just had to do things their own way!
Hope this helps.

Jim

Back