Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Same observation here. I don't really need Optane, but since it came with my board it would be nice to be able to use it in Windows and be able to boot into macOS afterwards. @HackintoshwithTB could you point me to the post?

I can't seem to find this post again. I think I found it in Post Installation / Hardware Troubleshooting. But this was the same method that what is described at post #19 there.

It seems highly unpractical though.

Hi,

I finally build the hardware part of my first hackintosh :) and since it's also my first PC build ever, I run into quite a few 'noob questions' (well, at least I think they are) while following this guide.

For example, now my Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 starts up, the CPU cooler and GPU fans spin, LED lights up, screen gets a signal, but I can't get into the BIOS screen for step 2. I tried to USB keyboards, holding 'delete' and in another attempt 'F1' while starting up but it just says: "Reboot and Select prober Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key". Any idea's?

I don't know which type of keyboard you're using, but on my apple keyboard, the touch that opens the BIOS is actually the "suppr" touch and not the "delete" one.

I don't know which type of keyboard you're using, but on my apple keyboard, the touch that opens the BIOS is actually the "suppr" touch and not the "delete" one.
OK, but what key is the "suppr" key? If I Google it, some point to the DEL(ETE) key (under the INSERT key), some to the backspace key (above the RETURN key), some to the Windows key…

I realize "suppr" is just "delete" on my French keyboard... But what I meant is that the key that does the trick for me is not the backspace key but the "delete" key. What kind of keyboard are you using exactly? Also try plugging your keyboard in a back panel USB port and try hitting the key repeatively rather than just once, at startup.

Hi.
You must have these two POWER connectors connected from your power supply to get this motherboard to turn on; ATX_12V_2x4 & ATX highlighted in yellow.

Also, make sure you have the power connectors going to your graphics card which I assume is an RX 580 and it requires two power connectors. These are usually dedicated cables from your power supply.

The PW_SW highlighted can also be used to turn on the mobo irrespective of whether you have the front panel power button connected properly. In fact just for the exercise, maybe disconnect all the connections from your F_Panel header, just in case there is a wrong connection there.

Make sure you have your CPU fan connected, as you don't want to fry your CPU.

Jim
View attachment 376244
Thank you so much for this helpful diagram and thoughtful advice. I pulled out and put back in the two main power plugs, and then tried to boot with the button on the motherboard, and it worked. Then I tried plugging in into the front panel connectors, and it worked again. So I'm greatly relieved. It's a bit tricky trying to plug into 2X4 ATX under the CPU cooler. Thanks so much! Next to the OS install!

Thank you so much for this helpful diagram and thoughtful advice. I pulled out and put back in the two main power plugs, and then tried to boot with the button on the motherboard, and it worked. Then I tried plugging in into the front panel connectors, and it worked again. So I'm greatly relieved. It's a bit tricky trying to plug into 2X4 ATX under the CPU cooler. Thanks so much! Next to the OS install!

No problems. We were all newbies in the beginning!

I should be on-line for the next 8 hours or so if you need help. Don't forget to update your profile ASAP as it helps others knowing what you have hardware wise etc. Bonus is the moderators will not bug you!

Jim

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.
Sorry to "bug" you about this just doing my job. :wave:

No problems. We were all newbies in the beginning!

I should be on-line for the next 8 hours or so if you need help. Don't forget to update your profile ASAP as it helps others knowing what you have hardware wise etc. Bonus is the moderators will not bug you!

Jim
Hi, thanks so much. So I changed my BIOs settings successfully, but now I'm trying High Sierra install with UniBeast. The HS install program starts to run, but part of the way through I get the slash through a circle dead end error. I created the install USB from a 2015 model MacBook Pro, downloading HS from the Mac store. So I'm stuck again. Thanks.

Hi, thanks so much. So I changed my BIOs settings successfully, but now I'm trying High Sierra install with Unibeast. The HS install program starts to run, but part of the way through I get the slash through a circle dead end error. I created the install USB from a 2015 model Macbook pro, downloading HS from the Mac store. So I'm stuck again. Thanks.

Hi @PeteCC, so I gather that you haven't got to the part where you format the disk?

If this is so, could you reboot using your UniBeast and when the Clover Menu comes up, hit the space bar and:
  1. select verbose mode
  2. select the don't reboot on kernel panic
  3. go back up using arrow keys and select run with these options
These are from my memory, so I might have the names a little wrong...
You should get a whole lot of text streaming up the screen and you might see some errors fly past, don't worry to much about those ATM.

If it stops with an error, try and take a picture of the error message and post it back here.

You might wan't to double check that you have setup your BIOS correctly and followed this guide to the letter.

Also what version of HS are you installing?

Hi @PeteCC, so I gather that you haven't got to the part where you format the disk?

If this is so, could you reboot using your UniBeast and when the Clover Menu comes up, hit the space bar and:
  1. select verbose mode
  2. select the don't reboot on kernel panic
  3. go back up using arrow keys and select run with these options
These are from my memory, so I might have the names a little wrong...
You should get a whole lot of text streaming up the screen and you might see some errors fly past, don't worry to much about those ATM.

If it stops with an error, try and take a picture of the error message and post it back here.

You might wan't to double check that you have setup your BIOS correctly and followed this guide to the letter.

Also what version of HS are you installing?
Hi, the HS is the current version in the app store, 10.13.6. I'm reviewing the BIOS settings and found that for some reason the settings selections (taken directly from this Golden Build) didn't seem to hold between boots. I'm trying again before trying your trouble shooting recommendations.

Back