Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Hello, @HackaShaq! My Sapphire RX580 8GB is 10 minutes go to flash screen and second boot black screen Help me please.
Make a cup of coffee while you wait? ;)

My boot up time from a cold boot is probably about 4 minutes. But I use the Sleep function and just set the computer to sleep when not in use. You could do the same.

Hello everybody!
Thanks to @HackaShaq for the incredible guide that allowed me to create my first Hackintosh. Apart the case I have the same hardware but 32 GB of RAM.

The only problem I had that made me repeat everything 3 times was the audio. In the end I understood that the problem was to follow the guide's indication: "Audio: Leave All Unchecked.Skip installing any audio kexts for now (more on that later)" (in MultiBeast Settings). In doing so, High Sierra did not recognize any hardware. On the third try, with MultiBeast I selected the item AppleALC (Present in the last version of MultiBeast). On reboot with the following instructions of the guide, on the audio, everything is perfect.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to make the Hackintosh recognize the CPU that is mounted? Do you recommend a compatible USB 3.0 PCI-E card? I mounted an Inateck KT5001 but this doesn't work. If you upgrade to Mojave will there be any problems or will everything work? Thanks for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just realized that Quick Look does not work for JPEG images and Preview crashes when opening them. I suspect that my iMac 18,3 is trying to use its iGPU, which I have disabled in BIOS as per the guide @HackaShaq has provided.
Am I on the right track here? Should I patch my iGPU as headless using Lilu, WhateverGreen, and Intel FB Patcher?

I've just realized that Quick Look does not work for JPEG images and Preview crashes when opening them.
There is a thread about it, use the forum Search tool for details.

There is a thread about it, use the forum Search tool for details.

Thanks, I have not found the thread just yet but I did go ahead and activated the iGPU as well installed Lilu and WhateverGreen. Even without going into any patching of the iGPU, showing and opening JPEG images works fine now.

Hello everybody!
Thanks to @HackaShaq for the incredible guide that allowed me to create my first Hackintosh. Apart the case I have the same hardware but 32 GB of RAM.

The only problem I had that made me repeat everything 3 times was the audio. In the end I understood that the problem was to follow the guide's indication: "Audio: Leave All Unchecked.Skip installing any audio kexts for now (more on that later)" (in MultiBeast Settings). In doing so, High Sierra did not recognize any hardware. On the third try, with MultiBeast I selected the item AppleALC (Present in the last version of MultiBeast). On reboot with the following instructions of the guide, on the audio, everything is perfect.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to make the Hackintosh recognize the CPU that is mounted? Do you recommend a compatible USB 3.0 PCI-E card? I mounted an Inateck KT5001 but this doesn't work. If you upgrade to Mojave will there be any problems or will everything work? Thanks for all.

@FauPod The search engine is your friend! At least start with the excellent post #1170 of this thread by @jb007. Follow his instructions regarding USB ports.

Thanks a lot for the USB patches and guide, @jb007, much appreciated! Surprisingly, my iPhone shows the Extra Operating Current when connected to the front USB 3.0 ports of my Define R6, too. I don't really need my computer to charge my phone but I figured I should report back.

What I do need though are the USB 3.0 ports—gladly most of them work now after applying your patches and transfer rates seem fine, too. I have not noticed any issues related to sleep/wake either. There is only one port that does not work at all:
View attachment 373546
Any idea what could cause this? Cheers!

By the way, stumbled upon this comment by hackmymac above:

Do I actually have to remove this? Seems to work here with the exact file names you provided.
Hi @e-troc and others, sorry for the late reply, but work and Christmas has got in the way. Re: the missing USB port, this is I believe because macOS Mohave only supports a maximum of 15 ports. I have been able to replicate this and I think the solution is to remove one or two of the internal ports from the SSDT. My understanding is that every USB3 port (ones attached to the Intel chipsets) counts as two, and the USB2 ports as one.

In my use-case I use all of the internal USB2 ports for internal use; e.g., my 3 Corsair devices and my BT cards USB connection.

This is a good reason to get a powered USB3 hubs connected to the USB3.1 (red and USB-C) ports as they work fine and are not controlled and counted in the 15 port max that macOS supports. Still don't know why macOS has chosen this limit, as Windows 10 has no issues with them all, as I have stuck a USB thumb drive in all the ports and tested under Windows.

After the Christmas break, I'll update the Mini Guide to also include an optional SSDT for the missing USB3 port at the expense of the internal USB2 ports, as I assume a lot of people don't use all of the USB2 internal ports.

I think I have replied regarding the naming of my SSDT using 18,3... but it is a legal name and is being recognized during the boot. To confirm that the SSDT is being loaded you can press F2 at the Clover boot screen and it will create a boot log file in the EFI misc folder. You can view the details of this by using Clover Configurator and the boot log tab option (?).

Jim

With my build, i seem to have an "either/or" issue between @jb007 's USB fix and the quicklook/preview problem.(Mojave 10.14.1)

The Quicklook/Preview issue is NOT caused by the USB fix... It is caused by moving to the iMac 18,3 SMBIOS.

So, I MUST ask if it is absolutely necessary to use the iMac18,3 SMBIOS with the USB fix.(AKA; Can the USB fix be applied to the MP6,1 config? or even the iMac 14,x configs which IIRC also had no issues with QL and Pv?)

QuickLook and Preview DID work under the MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS setup. But, when I switched to iMac 18,3 to fix the USB ports... QL and Pv became inoperable.

None of the other discussed fixes (in that thread) work to make QL and Pv work as long as I am using 18,3.

Thanks

With my build, i seem to have an "either/or" issue between @jb007 's USB fix and the quicklook/preview problem.(Mojave 10.14.1)

The Quicklook/Preview issue is NOT caused by the USB fix... It is caused by moving to the iMac 18,3 SMBIOS.

So, I MUST ask if it is absolutely necessary to use the iMac18,3 SMBIOS with the USB fix.(AKA; Can the USB fix be applied to the MP6,1 config? or even the iMac 14,x configs which IIRC also had no issues with QL and Pv?)

QuickLook and Preview DID work under the MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS setup. But, when I switched to iMac 18,3 to fix the USB ports... QL and Pv became inoperable.

None of the other discussed fixes (in that thread) work to make QL and Pv work as long as I am using 18,3.

Thanks
Hi @HackinMax.
You can use the SSDT for USB on other SMBIOS but not the USBPorts.kext as it looks for the model ie 18,3 or whatever it was created on using FB Patcher.

On my 18,3 QL & PL work because I have setup the IGPU as 64MB and Max in the BIOS and use WhateverGreen in my /L/E and no settings enabled in config.plist for the IGPU.

Also check you have the correct BIOS loaded when you are changing model numbers in clover configurator. Ie use the model selector up/down buttons to select your model number eg 18,3 and you should see the BIOS version change. Don’t just change the model number manually.

Everything is just working. No kernel panics etc. The only thing I haven’t got working properly is hot swap on my Thunderbolt 3 card as I don’t have any TB3 devices.

Hi @jb007 -I've been testing different Thunderbolt patches that others have created on TM. So far, nothing works as far as hotswap goes. It's the same deal as before. Power the Thunderbolt unit up before the PC. If it's powered down on a working system, it can't be "recovered" without a restart of the computer. They say TB hotswap is the holy grail of the Hackintosh.

Back