Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Hello can anyone help me with usb? It does not work correct.
My trackpad and keyboard loses their connection.

Hello can anyone help me with usb? It does not work correct.
My trackpad and keyboard loses their connection.
Have you created a SSDT for your USB ports and also got patches in your config.plist. There is also a USBPorts.kext I have uploaded to @jiffyslot, that takes place of the more complicated (IMHO) method of creating a SSDT.
This USBPort.kext goes in your /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory. You also need to have a patch in your Clover config.plist as well as removing the USBInjectAll.kext from your /Library/Extensions (or wherever you installed it), as it's not needed unless you are doing a port discovery using the FB-Patcher app or creating the USB SSDT method.

Search for me @jb007 on this thread for details that I gave to @jiffyslot a several posts ago.

Also is your keyboard and trackpad drawing to much power, as my Corsair K95 keyboard draws a lot of power and needs a powered hub to work properly? USB2 ports are a max of 500ma, and from memory, USB3 ports are 900ma max.

Jim:geek:

Have you created a SSDT for your USB ports and also got patches in your config.plist. There is also a USBPorts.kext I have uploaded to @jiffyslot, that takes place of the more complicated (IMHO) method of creating a SSDT.
This USBPort.kext goes in your /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory. You also need to have a patch in your Clover config.plist as well as removing the USBInjectAll.kext from your /Library/Extensions (or wherever you installed it), as it's not needed unless you are doing a port discovery using the FB-Patcher app or creating the USB SSDT method.

Search for me @jb007 on this thread for details that I gave to @jiffyslot a several posts ago.

Also is your keyboard and trackpad drawing to much power, as my Corsair K95 keyboard draws a lot of power and needs a powered hub to work properly? USB2 ports are a max of 500ma, and from memory, USB3 ports are 900ma max.

Hi Jim

I think my config.plist is wrong.

Please take a look.

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 135
Edit.

I changed my config.plist with one to updolad @jiffyslot but the usb does not work correct.

Also i have apple keyboard and trackpad.

This is my config now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 133
Looking at it now, but are you now using the USBPorts.kext I uploaded to Jiffyslot, and have if so have you removed the USBInjectAll.kext from /Library/Extensions??

@sakis697 there are several mistakes in your config.plist.. I suspect this is one of @jiffyslots config.plist. Let us know the details from my previous post and I'll look at this tomorrow as it's getting late here in Australia (9:00pm) and I have to get up at 5.00am for work. If you still need help, just give us a post back with the details I've asked foretc.
Also are you trying to run the Intel GPU in headless mode? Also, your audio is set up is wrong... I can fix these, but not tonight.

Jim

Now i delete the USBInjectAll.kext and seems that USB works for now. I put 3 USB sticks and works.

From this config i have sound from HDMI with no problem. So i have already enable 2GPU and AirPlay and works correctly. Handoff works.
I have PCie card for Wifi and Bluetooth.

My only problem is USB ports and the trackpad when lose connection.

Yeah, don't use anything I've uploaded. It was messed up. I thought I'd removed them. I'll try to removed those. But... FWIW, the only USB ports that work with my MOBO now are the two side-by-side "blue" ones on the back plate and the lone "red" USB port adjacent to the Intel ethernet port. IDK if I need to open a copy of the @jb007 USB.kext he posted for me and examine it using FB Patcher and it's various tools and make one for my board (and Fractal Design case) or what. Any, don't use the stuff that I posted; it's wrong and the thread shows how terribly wrong it was. -Except my screenshots of stats and processes, those are cool.

Yeah, don't use anything I've uploaded. It was messed up. I thought I'd removed them. I'll try to removed those. But... FWIW, the only USB ports that work with my MOBO now are the two side-by-side "blue" ones on the back plate and the lone "red" USB port adjacent to the Intel ethernet port. IDK if I need to open a copy of the @jb007 USB.kext he posted for me and examine it using FB Patcher and it's various tools and make one for my board (and Fractal Design case) or what. Any, don't use the stuff that I posted; it's wrong and the thread shows how terribly wrong it was. -Except my screenshots of stats and processes, those are cool.

Hi @jiffyslot, your USB ports should be working with the USBPorts.kext I previously uploaded irrespective of the case.

To use the USBPorts.kext I uploaded and that was created by the FB-Patcher app you need to do the following if using this patch only!:
  • Put the file in your /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/other directory. It does not need any other kext to operate there;
  • Remove USBInjectAll from either you /Library/Extensions or /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/other directory or wherever it is located. In this FB-patcher method, it is only used for USB port discovery whilst creating this USBPorts.kext.
  • If you have removed any files or added files to /L/E or /S/L/E (which you should not be using, as /L/E is where all user kexts should go, except kexts involved in the boot process, they go in the 'other' directory), do the usual kernel cache fix in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    sudo touch /System//Library/Extensions
    sudo kextcache -i /
  • In your config.plist it should have:
    USBPorts - config.png
And that should enable all USB ports on this motherboard. The USBPorts.kext I uploaded has all ports marked as external. If you are using a port as an internal USB i.e one that has a USB device permanently attached e.g in my system I have 4 internal USB devices... 3 Corsair devices & my USB connection to my internal PCIe Wifi/BT card. So I mark these as an internal 'fixed' device so that when my Mac goes to sleep, these USB ports don't wake up the Mac. This also why my Mac can do the Powernap sleep function that you can see in the Energy setting in System Preferences.

Hi @jiffyslot, your USB ports should be working with the USBPorts.kext I previously uploaded irrespective of the case.

To use the USBPorts.kext I uploaded and that was created by the FB-Patcher app you need to do the following if using this patch only!:
  • Put the file in your /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/other directory. It does not need any other kext to operate there;
  • Remove USBInjectAll from either you /Library/Extensions or /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/other directory or wherever it is located. In this FB-patcher method, it is only used for USB port discovery whilst creating this USBPorts.kext.
  • If you have removed any files or added files to /L/E or /S/L/E (which you should not be using, as /L/E is where all user kexts should go, except kexts involved in the boot process, they go in the 'other' directory), do the usual kernel cache fix in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo touch /Library/Extensions
    sudo touch /System//Library/Extensions
    sudo kextcache -i /
  • In your config.plist it should have:
    View attachment 367797
And that should enable all USB ports on this motherboard. The USBPorts.kext I uploaded has all ports marked as external. If you are using a port as an internal USB i.e one that has a USB device permanently attached e.g in my system I have 4 internal USB devices... 3 Corsair devices & my USB connection to my internal PCIe Wifi/BT card. So I mark these as an internal 'fixed' device so that when my Mac goes to sleep, these USB ports don't wake up the Mac. This also why my Mac can do the Powernap sleep function that you can see in the Energy setting in System Preferences.

I have the same mobo and the same cpu. If that works for jiffyslot and he uploaded the clover folder, it probably works with my system right?

Back