Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Does this construction work perfectly with MOJAVE? Can I use this guide? The apple does not make the HIGH Sierra available via APP STORE. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Does this construction work perfectly with MOJAVE? Can I use this guide?
This guide will not work with your Asus X299-A motherboard if that's what you are asking.
If you plan on buying a Gigabyte Gaming 7 board, yes the majority of this guide applies to Mojave. You will need to use a newer version of Unibeast and manually install a newer version of the Clover Bootloader or just wait for the next Multibeast (11.0) for Mojave to be released. That has to be completely re-written in Swift programming language, hence the delay on that.

Last edited:
This guide will not work with your Asus X299-A motherboard if that's what you are asking.
If you plan on buying a Gigabyte Gaming 7 board, yes the majority of this guide applies to Mojave. You will need to use a newer version of Unibeast and manually install a newer version of the Clover Bootloader or just wait for the next Multibeast (11.0) for Mojave to be released. That has to be completely re-written in Swift programming language, hence the delay on that.

I have a configuration very similar to this guide. The only difference is the Motherboard, I have a Gigabyte z370 Ultra Gaming and the processor is an i7 8700 (not k).

I updated my profile with my current setting.

Hey everyone,

I have just built my new hackintosh almost completely to the spec of this threads build. this is my second hackintosh build...

i am noticing something strange, every 5 or 7 seconds i notice what almost seems to be a lapse or glitch in memory, for instance, if there is a web banner or slider, every few seconds it will freeze, but only for half a second or so. It seems to happen mostly in a web browser, it even happens when typing into a form field in a web browser. i have tried using multiple broswers and it seems to happen in all of them... anyone else have this happen???

here is my benchmark score, maybe someone will see something that is off...??

iMac14,2

Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score
5739 26421
Geekbench 4.3.0 Tryout for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit)
Result Information
Upload Date October 29 2018 10:14 PM
Views 1
System Information

System Information

Operating System macOS 10.13.6 (Build 17G65)
Model iMac14,2
Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 iMac14,2
Memory 65536 MB 2400 MHz DDR4
Northbridge
Southbridge
BIOS Apple Inc. IM142.88Z.0130.B00.1804091831

Processor Information

Name Intel Core i7-8700K
Topology 1 Processor, 6 Cores, 12 Threads
Identifier GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Base Frequency 3.70 GHz
Package
Codename
L1 Instruction Cache 32.0 KB x 6
L1 Data Cache 32.0 KB x 6
L2 Cache 256 KB x 6
L3 Cache 12.0 MB x 1

iMac14,2

OpenCL Score

Geekbench 4.3.0 Tryout for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit)
Result Information
Upload Date October 29 2018 10:21 PM
Views 1
System Information

System Information

Operating System macOS 10.13.6 (Build 17G65)
Model iMac14,2
Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 iMac14,2
Memory 65536 MB 2400 MHz DDR4
Northbridge
Southbridge
BIOS Apple Inc. IM142.88Z.0130.B00.1804091831

Processor Information

Name Intel Core i7-8700K
Topology 1 Processor, 6 Cores, 12 Threads
Identifier GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Base Frequency 3.70 GHz
Package
Codename
L1 Instruction Cache 32.0 KB x 6
L1 Data Cache 32.0 KB x 6
L2 Cache 256 KB x 6
L3 Cache 12.0 MB x 1

OpenCL Information

Platform Vendor Apple
Platform Name Apple
Device Vendor NVIDIA
Device Name GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Compute Units 28
Maximum Frequency 1.14 GHz
Device Memory 11.0 GB

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I have just built my new hackintosh almost completely to the spec of this threads build. this is my second hackintosh build...
You have different memory and a completely different Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, is this correct?

The change from using the built-in support for AMD video cards like my build, vs. using an Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti will require quite a bit of tweaking to get support.

My build was made to have as much native built-in support as possible, and the Radeon video card is a key component to that compatibility.

You have different memory and a completely different Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, is this correct?

The change from using the built-in support for AMD video cards like my build, vs. using an Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti will require quite a bit of tweaking to get support.

My build was made to have as much native built-in support as possible, and the Radeon video card is a key component to that compatibility.

Yes. those are the 2 main differences. i was told by another hackintosh user that the 1080 Ti would run better than the Radeon... could that be what is causing the problem I am experiencing.. the video card?

Any idea of where to go from here? It's too late to return the video card, and it cost a pretty penny...

Yes. those are the 2 main differences. i was told by another hackintosh user that the 1080 Ti would run better than the Radeon... could that be what is causing the problem I am experiencing.. the video card?

Any idea of where to go from here? It's too late to return the video card, and it cost a pretty penny...
You will need to research on getting the 1080 Ti to work with your system. Your system is unfortunately very different from my build as the two biggest components to a build are the motherboard and video card, with the third being compatible memory.

You have two out of the three of the key components different from the build I posted, and the Radeon card has built-in native support from Apple for smooth sailing.

You will need to research on getting the 1080ti to work with your system. Your system is unfortunately very different from my build as the two biggest components to a build are the motherboard and video card, with the third being compatible memory.

You have two out of the three of the key components different from the build I posted, and the Radeon card has built-in native support from Apple for smooth sailing.

Maybe I will bite the bullet and just get the same memory and video card. Is there any 64GB memory solutions you would suggest? Also, are there any other bigger Radeon cards that will work? I do lots of video editing and want something powerful.

Maybe I will bite the bullet and just get the same memory and video card. Is there any 64GB memory solutions you would suggest? Also, are there any other bigger Radeon cards that will work? I do lots of video editing and want something powerful.
Before doing any costly change, I would simply confirm/research possible tweaks needed to get your Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti and your memory working with your build. But it's a vastly different build.

Also, I was very specific with the memory I chose for this build to avoid problems. I looked at the chart of compatible memory sticks for the Gaming 7 motherboard, as tested by the manufacturer. My specific memory selection was not an accident to have everything go smoothly since I was doing a ground up build.

...and of course, like a total bonehead, I installed my memory sticks in the wrong slots at first. :D

Just wanted to point this out because I place ease of build and compatibility as paramount.

Back