Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I Just bought all the same parts except the m.2 drive and only have the CPU, RAM, and I'm using the onboard graphics for now and I cannot load into the install USB or any of my previous build hard drives with Mac OS on them or any of the clones of those. all I get is some sort of panic I'm guessing and I cannot see what's going on I took a screenshot on my phone of it but I have been building Hackintoshes for years and I have never experienced anything like this. Also, I do not know if this has to do with anything the BIOS will not update no matter what I do it's on F1 and I cannot Q-flash it or update it with window's bios update utility, and SATA 1 & and SATA5 & 6 do not work.

• Are you sure you have a Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard, as the Gigabyte website starts the first BIOS file at F2, not F1? You will have to get your Mobo to at least version F5 so it's comparable to this build. IMHO never use the BIO utility in Windows. Period. Do it from a FAT-formatted USB stick within the BIOS.
  • Have you really set up the BIOS as per this build article?
  • Have you enabled the drives for SATA 1,5 & 6 in BIOS properly?
  • What PCIe cards have you got installed, if any?
  • Are you using the UniBeast 8.3.2 - High Sierra, and has it only been created for this project i.e. not used to create another HS disk?
Jim

FWI
@jiffyslot, just another thing if you want to try it is to remove half of your 4 x 16GB RAM (32GB) or even just 1 x 16GB to see if it is a memory problem with macOS or (?). You do have more RAM than most here, so it's worth a try. Just follow this guide for the RAM slots to use eg if two modules they go in DDR4_2 & DDR4_4 slots.
View attachment 351101

Jim

Yeah, I already did that last week. The OS booted, it just would not reboot after the Multibeast setup. The error is my avatar. :lol:

Maybe I need to run Clover Configurator and give it a good rogering, though I've seen people getting black-screen fails on Clover v4586 (!). There's a moderator on this site who contributes a great deal that told a forum member not to use Clover Configurator (do I need to match its version to the Clover in Multibeast 10.4?) because it can screw up an install, so I took that advice on this try and just ran a minimal Multibeast setup. But he's writing about DSDTs, so maybe that was very specific.

My memory is fine. -Actually the machine is incredibly great; under Windows 10. I can hot-swap SSDs via Thunderbolt on this machine. Too bad I spent all this dough for a headless remote. I could have just bought a used 2012 or 2013 12-core and finished a piano concerto this summer. Live and learn I guess.

Yep, a good rogering will usually fix or either (well roger it).

I have had nothing but no boots with Clover later than 4630 (the one that comes installed in Multibeast 10.4). I mentioned this in a previous thread...

Yes, a few very experienced members say not to use Clover Configurator... I sometimes use the Plist editor that comes with Xcode... but I have never had problems with Multibeast.

Have you tried Clover 4630? Also, I had trouble with Unibeast where I had used it on a different build (my Dell XPS-12 Laptop) and somehow... it got drivers for the trackpad Voodo... something or other that borked the install on my Z370... removed those kexts and all was well again in my world.

I feel so disappointed for you, that you haven't got it to go... so close but so far.

I Just bought all the same parts except the m.2 drive and only have the CPU, RAM, and I'm using the onboard graphics for now and I cannot load into the install USB or any of my previous build hard drives with Mac OS on them or any of the clones of those. all I get is some sort of panic I'm guessing and I cannot see what's going on I took a screenshot on my phone of it but I have been building Hackintoshes for years and I have never experienced anything like this. Also, I do not know if this has to do with anything the BIOS will not update no matter what I do it's on F1 and I cannot Q-flash it or update it with window's bios update utility, and SATA 1 & and SATA5 & 6 do not work.
Is that a CPU error? I can't read the second screenshot. Make sure to put into your signature your build. It appears you also want to have your exact versions of MultiBeast, Clover Configurator, and version of Mac OSX you are loading.

Is that a CPU error? I can't read the second screenshot. Make sure to put into your signature your build. It appears you also want to have your exact versions of MultiBeast, Clover Configurator, and version of Mac OSX you are loading.

I thought it might be a wifi or bluetooth problem, but hard to know if I dont have a 'profile' on the hardware.

Thanks for your detailed guide. It has been a huge help in terms of choosing hardware and knowing what settings I needed. I'm planning to do a longer post in a new thread and include some of my missteps, but in the mean time -

I'm sure these tricks are out there (probably in some super-obvious step I missed), but maybe someone's Google-fu will find this and save them my trouble. I spent a few hours not able to get past "Waiting for root device" with a screen full of scrunchy and scrambled text.

I finally figured out that for my USB installer media I needed to be using the USB 2.0 ports. On my Z370 Gaming 5 board, this means not the yellow HID ports meant for the keyboard/mouse, not the blue USB 3.0 ports, but the black USB 2.0 port. On this particular board, these ports are directly underneath the Ethernet port. They look a tiny bit like eSATA ports in context of everything around them, so I ignored them.

Secondly, an external USB hard drive is WAY faster at pretty much every step than a flash drive (Even a USB 3.0 (lol yeah...) class 10 media). The only caveat I found is that the hard drive needs to have a partition no greater than 16GB for Unibeast to recognize it as something it can use to create your install media.

I just completed my very first Hackintosh (and build my very first PC, for that matter!). Just wow, what a machine!

Thank you so much, @HackaShaq ! This guide gave me the confidence to even think about giving this a shot. I'm also so grateful to this forum and the Hackintosh community at large, making it possible for a noob like me to build a pretty spectacular Hackintosh machine.

The parts I used are as follows:

- Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) Memory

- Intel Core i7-8700K Processor

- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Processor Cooler (Much easier to install than version 3!)

- Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 8G

- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe M.2

- EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W Power Supply

- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX (Black)

Getting everything to work was not as easy as I hoped though, I spent days trying to get the Mac OS installer to boot (High Sierra 10.13.6), it kept resetting my machine at about 40% every time. Giving me AE_NOT_FOUND errors etc. I was at the point of giving up and installing Windows until someone suggested I remove the pre-installed 32GB Intel Optane Memory from the motherboard, Mac OS was very confused by this. I wonder if more people have had the same problem?

Will post some pictures and Geekbench scores tomorrow!

I just completed my very first Hackintosh (and build my very first PC, for that matter!). Just wow, what a machine!
Getting everything to work was not as easy as I hoped though, I spent days trying to get the Mac OS installer to boot (High Sierra 10.13.6), it kept resetting my machine at about 40% every time. Giving me AE_NOT_FOUND errors etc. I was at the point of giving up and installing Windows until someone suggested I remove the pre-installed 32GB Intel Optane Memory from the motherboard, Mac OS was very confused by this. I wonder if more people have had the same problem?

Will post some pictures and Geekbench scores tomorrow!

There some people that report to have similar issues when booting with an optane module installed:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-optane.229309/page-2#post-1796569

Hi. I have a very stable machine following this guide. Installed High Sierra 10.13.6
At first I did change the definition to the highest iMac that there was in the Multibeast and checked all the USB injection settings. The first major problem I encountered was with the APFS that the High Sierra formatted my Samsung Evo 970 M.2 drive. Every other boot it was slower and slower on the apple boot animation. So I cloned it to a normal SSD with Carbon Copy cloaner, copied the EFI folder and formatted the main drive to HFS+. Then repeated the same procces to clone everything back to Evo 970. No slowdowns since then, and even working faster. Trim is enabled by default.

*NOTICE* I never had one failed boot since I started my build.

Some people maybe have glitches because they didn't update the bios to the new F7 firmware...I did that prior even started to tinker with High Sierra and read fully online what to disable in Bios.

Second big problem is more related to Thunderbolt connections and how this made me nervous.
Since I plan on using both Mac and Windows 10 environment, I bought the Startech TB 3 to TB1/2 adapter becaus I'm using UAD Apollo Twin audio interface that has a TB1 connection. UAD article for Windows support made a note that Apple original TB3 to TB2 is limited and buggy on Windows 10 systems.

For the add in Thunderbolt card I went with Asus Thunderbolt Ex 3. BUT!!!! I did not know that there were different Thunderbolt aic 5 pin connectors on different boards!!! Aorus Gaming 7 Z370 uses a smaller 5pin connector than the other board brands.
The card it self goes in the x4 PCI (the third bottom one). But the included cable to connect to the motherboard is wider (but still 5 pin) So I took the pins out, isolated them with tape and plugged one by one in the motherboard.
Booted into Windows 10, updated the cards firmware and after the UAD software install the thing came alive!! WOW

Now, booted in High Sierra, in the system profiler - no thunderbolt device!!!!
Restarted to Bios...
Enabled all what I could find in the Thunderbolt section in Bios except the vt-d option for Thunderbolt.
Booted in, still nothing in system profiler.
So I began reading and read somewhere that Apollo will work even if the system doesn't see any TB devices.
Installed everything and BAM!! It works!! THE ONLY THING THAT IS CRUCIAL!!! --> POWER ON THE APOLLO DEVICE FIRST, THEN POWER ON THE PC.
Working now and everything is fine. But please people, backup the main drive every 2-3 days and copy the EFI on the backup drives EFI if changes were made (so that one can boot normally). When everything is functioning off course!

Last edited:
Back