Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Replying to my previous post, I've just re-booted with CSM (Compatibility Support Module) disabled. So far I can't see any difference...

I also tested, but I did not feel any change.
Thank you.

Sorry for the noob question HackaShaq...
How did you succeed creating a USB stick with the right version of High Sierra?

Sorry for the noob question HackaShaq...
How did you succeed creating a USB stick with the right version of High Sierra?

You will have to be more specific as to what your problem is. What exactly is happening?

You will have to be more specific as to what your problem is. What exactly is happening?
At present I have just an old hackintosh (i7 3770 on Z77 etc) running Mavericks 10.9.5. Perhaps it's enough to download High Sierra Installer and create the USB stick that will enable mi to create a newer hackintosh build, following this wonderful guide.
Eltos, I have somewhat clear how to create the USB stick that contains the High Sierra Installer...
I would know how can I be sure that the downloaded High Sierra Installer will be exactly at least version 10.13.4.
That's it.

@wavesequence, if you download High Sierra from the Apple Mac App Store, you'll get High Sierra 10.13.6 which is the latest and most mature version of High Sierra. :thumbup:

@wavesequence, if you download High Sierra from the Apple Mac App Store, you'll get High Sierra 10.13.6 which is the latest and most mature version of High Sierra. :thumbup:
Wonderful! Thanks a million ;)

So close to completing this exact build, having some problems installing high Sierra even following the guide.

I boot clover, add the install to the SSD after erasing the SSD on the disk utility, but the I get “insert bootable device” as an error

So close to completing this exact build, having some problems installing high Sierra even following the guide.

I boot clover, add the install to the SSD after erasing the SSD on the disk utility, but the I get “insert bootable device” as an error
Hi, have you installed using MultiBeast? Have you set the BIOS in CMOS settings to boot from the UEFI hard disk?

Hi, have you installed using MultiBeast? Have you set the BIOS in CMOS settings to boot from the UEFI hard disk?

Yep CMOS is set to boot from UEFI.

MultiBeast is on the drive as per the guide, I’m not getting that far though. The installer is installing on the SSD, completing and then restarting, I’m shown the Clover screen again with 5 options

1. Boot macOS install from Install macOS High Sierra (this is the installer pen drive)
2. Bootfile Filevault Prebooter from Preboot (this is new?)
3. Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
4. Boot macOS from High Sierra
5. Boot recovery from Recovery

I’m not sure where to go from here

Yep CMOS is set to boot from UEFI.

MultiBeast is on the drive as per the guide, I’m not getting that far though. The installer is installing on the SSD, completing and then restarting, I’m shown the Clover screen again with 5 options

1. Boot macOS install from Install macOS High Sierra (this is the installer pen drive)
2. Bootfile Filevault Prebooter from Preboot (this is new?)
3. Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
4. Boot macOS from High Sierra
5. Boot recovery from Recovery

I’m not sure where to go from here
You have to boot of your install USB pen drive and select the Boot macOS from High Sierra.
Once in HS, you then run MultiBeast.
Don't forget to install Clover boot with the UEFI NVRAM option as our mobo doesn't have NVRAM.
I hope I have understood your problem.
It might be also that the install hasn't completed, hence the option 3., if so select the 3. Option again until the install fully completes.

Once you get it going you will be very pleased with this build!!

Back