Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Glad that this guide helped you with your audio! :)

As for the mouse lag, are you connecting it via DisplayPort to HDMI?
Always use DisplayPort. :)

Another thing to check is to ensure you're running at 60Hz and not 30Hz, etc.
But unfortunately since I am not using that exact video card, I can't test anything out on this end to truly assist.

Thanks, @HackaShaq.

Yep, the card has 2 X DP, 2 X HDMI, and 1 X DVI outs - just like the currently recommended Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB; just less VRAM.

Will check the Hz... thanks for this - much appreciated!

Hi HackaShaq,

So, I've built a nearly identical system, but with the Seasonic SSR-1000TR and only one Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB Graphics Card (11265-05-20G).

My question: What combo of PCIe power cables did you use to connect your graphics card?

I had a 4x2 from the Seasonic SSR-1000TR that split to a PCIe 2x2 + 2x2, but the keying was off. What did you use? Were any of those connector cables "empty" at their termination points?

The instructions from Sapphire for the power connectors is -to be polite- rather confusing and contradictory in the way the connector is keyed.

Please and thank you.

Hi HackaShaq,

So, I've built a nearly identical system, but with the Seasonic SSR-1000TR and only one Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB Graphics Card (11265-05-20G).

My question: What combo of PCIe power cables did you use to connect your graphics card?

I had a 4x2 from the Seasonic SSR-1000TR that split to a PCIe 2x2 + 2x2, but the keying was off. What did you use? Were any of those connector cables "empty" at their termination points?

The instructions from Sapphire for the power connectors is -to be polite- rather confusing and contradictory in the way the connector is keyed.

Please and thank you.
The EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W Power Supply comes with all of the power cables you need.
(It actually comes with more cables than you need and you can save them for later for additional SATA drives, etc.)

Here a sample image from EVGA's web site on the included cables:

cables.png

You just use the GPU power cables included with the EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W Power Supply. You can see from the photo that the PCE-E cable can accommodate 6 or 8 pins, etc. It's really easy. Just plug and play. No adapters or additional cables needed.

Okay, thanks, HackaShaq! You're a MOBO/GPU saver. I was surprised that the G7 requires that extra 8-pin power connector way up above the i/o shield.
That Sapphire manual's graphic is quite something, eh? Now I have to Google whether 2-wire low-voltage, low current Reset buttons, Power buttons and other momentary contact switches are GND/PWR agnostic in their wiring. I found two little ones with no distinguishing features. :(

If you're worried about heat with this case, there's a few videos out on YouTube on how to improve things a bit. Some have created custom panels and drilled out the front panel.

I didn't want to go that crazy, so here's what I did:
1 - Use some washers/longer screws to offset the front panel about an extra 1/4 inch.
2 - Added an extra 120mm fan to the front (I happened to have a spare).
3 - Used gaffer's tape to close off the remaining 'open' spots in the removable fan mount at the top. (This prevents hot air from being recycled into the case).
4 - Removed the back grill off the top cover (it's plastic and just screws off). This does mean you can't pick up the case by the top cover only, but it improves the top exhaust.

I've not overclocked yet, but my temps max at around 70c doing Handbrake renders over a few hours.

Hey man.. I have the exact same hardware as you and once I get to Clover boot menu to boot up high sierra i see the apple loading screen and then it reboots again to clover boot menu.. I can't get to the installer.. I did all the BIOS settings that you recommended.. any idea how to get it to boot to the installer? What boot args do i need?

By the way.. Do you use mutlibeast before the installation also? To set imac 14,2? Or multibeast only post installation?

EDIT : I just found out that I have the Z370 aorus gaming 7 "OP".. This is newly released.. It's a different board.. Am I screwed?

Last edited:
If you're worried about heat with this case, there's a few videos out on YouTube on how to improve things a bit. Some have created custom panels and drilled out the front panel.

I didn't want to go that crazy, so here's what I did:
1 - Use some washers/longer screws to offset the front panel about an extra 1/4 inch.
2 - Added an extra 120mm fan to the front (I happened to have a spare).
3 - Used gaffer's tape to close off the remaining 'open' spots in the removable fan mount at the top. (This prevents hot air from being recycled into the case).
4 - Removed the back grill off the top cover (it's plastic and just screws off). This does mean you can't pick up the case by the top cover only, but it improves the top exhaust.

I've not overclocked yet, but my temps max at around 70c doing Handbrake renders over a few hours.
I'm honestly not worried about heat with this case at all and feel the fear of lack of airflow is completely overblown (pun fully intended!) :D

Don't forget, the sides open up with ease so if you're doing a massive 11hr handbrake encoding session overnight while you sleep, just flip open the sides of the case if need be. But as I posted, I get 60C as my max temp when doing 5.0Gz overclocked usage at full tilt. It could be my use of that massive CPU cooling fan, but either way, I feel fine with the temps.

Back