Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
DX58sO
CPU
990x
Graphics
2x GTS 250
Because I try to install 10.15.4 to a beta SSD that I have, I couldn't proceed the installation. Stuck apple logo.

The method for me is to download 10.15.4 to application folder. After that open terminal and give

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

Where Untitled put the name of your USB.

It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete it.

Then we have to install clover bootloader 5107 to the USB, we can found it here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5107

We have to change the install location to our USB and same settings as shown above.

View attachment 459150

View attachment 459151

When the installation completes you should have an EFI partition mounted.

Download the following EFI folder and replace it.

After this you will be able to install Catalina 10.15.4. All USB ports on the back is enabled with custom SSDT.

When the installation of Catalina complete you have to install clover 5107 to the main SSD and again replace the EFI folder with the one attached.
What exact BIOS version are you using?

What are your BIOS settings?

Motherboard
DX58sO
CPU
990x
Graphics
2x GTS 250
Version F14. My settings is pretty much the same with the first post guide.
I simply am unable to boot to the install USB..
I have spent X hours trying to do this.

It hangs at a certain place in the boot process.

Motherboard
MSI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Its July 2020 and I just wanted to take a second and tell you this, mr post master ( orr whatever the heck the title is)

I spent nearly 30 hours trying desperately to get the MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh I had made nearly two years ago back together - somehow my ram burned and my macos install was dead... and I tried open core this and that, nothing worked, but here’s the kicker: I have the exact same MOBO and CPU, so thank you from the bottom of my macos addicted, creative workflow hungry heart kind sir, you saved my life for the next few months.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Its July 2020 and I just wanted to take a second and tell you this, mr post master
You would be referring to @HackaShaq who posted this User Build a little over two years ago. When you put the @ symbol in front of the name of the person they get a notification to see what you've posted.