Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pfo wifi
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The shutdown info looks good. I've tried everything ,and read it was my Cooler Master 240L causing the problem

Motherboard
HP-AB030TX
CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
HD5500
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi, I have Mojave installed on:
Z370 Gaming 5
i7-8700
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

I would like to have a clean installation of Catalina.
What steps I have to do?
Is that an 8700K? the process is very simple you just have to make everything specific like changing BIOS settings to recommended and ready to debug the error clover will post you.
I also had a similar specs desktop maybe this can help you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
I did this build over a year ago and have been happy staying at High Sierra. However, I need to start using Premiere Pro, and I've discovered that I finally need to upgrade, probably to Catalina. Has anyone done this process? I've tried to update to Mojave as a first step, starting on a bootable external clone portable usb drive. So far, I haven't been able to get the Mojave installation to proceed. I've copied the EFI folder to the clone, updated SMC kext. Mojave seems to download from the app store, but isn't installing for some reason.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did this build over a year ago and have been happy staying at High Sierra. However, I need to start using Premiere Pro, and I've discovered that I finally need to upgrade, probably to Catalina. Has anyone done this process? I've tried to update to Mojave as a first step, starting on a bootable external clone portable usb drive. So far, I haven't been able to get the Mojave installation to proceed. I've copied the EFI folder to the clone, updated SMC kext. Mojave seems to download from the app store, but isn't installing for some reason.
Yes, I had updated from High Sierra to Mojave. Just update all necessary kexts and clover.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Yes, I had updated from High Sierra to Mojave. Just update all necessary kexts and clover.
I'm having trouble updating Clover. I am using Clover configurator:
> Install/Update Clover
> Package (radio button)
> Check Now
> Update
> Bootloader
> Installation Type (install is to an external guinea pig drive, usb to usb c)
> Install (installaiton complete)
But when I reboot, Configurator is still telling me that I am on Clover v. 4630
I think that this is what is preventing me from updating to Mojave or Catalina. I have also tried using MultiBeast. When I try to update using my existing Clover, the update stops with a prohibited sign.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm having trouble updating Clover. I am using Clover configurator:
> Install/Update Clover
> Package (radio button)
> Check Now
> Update
> Bootloader
> Installation Type (install is to an external guinea pig drive, usb to usb c)
> Install (installaiton complete)
But when I reboot, Configurator is still telling me that I am on Clover v. 4630
I think that this is what is preventing me from updating to Mojave or Catalina. I have also tried using MultiBeast. When I try to update using my existing Clover, the update stops with a prohibited sign.
Download pkg file from the link and try to install it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5-Clover
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Since I used the same board and CPU, I used this thread for info – thanks for that. :)

From the start, I had problems with the Vega 56 GPU though: Black screen for an instant. Sometimes a few times in a row. I always thought was a misconfiguration or because it was a Hackintosh.

I didn't use it much and when I fired it up later, it asked for my (macOS) account password. I can't give that because I never set it up with a password. So now I can't get into it any more.

Because of Corona, I let my wife use the Windows partition so she could work from home. After a week, the GPU started to fail (black screens for seconds, more and more often in a row) so at least I now know it's not the system. I've send it back for guarantee repair, but this can easily take another month because it's now busy.

I have a old GTX 770 so I could try that instead, but I have no idea how to reset the macOS password.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Since I used the same board and CPU, I used this thread for info – thanks for that. :)

From the start, I had problems with the Vega 56 GPU though: Black screen for an instant. Sometimes a few times in a row. I always thought was a misconfiguration or because it was a Hackintosh.

I didn't use it much and when I fired it up later, it asked for my (macOS) account password. I can't give that because I never set it up with a password. So now I can't get into it any more.

Because of Corona, I let my wife use the Windows partition so she could work from home. After a week, the GPU started to fail (black screens for seconds, more and more often in a row) so at least I now know it's not the system. I've send it back for guarantee repair, but this can easily take another month because it's now busy.

I have a old GTX 770 so I could try that instead, but I have no idea how to reset the macOS password.
Have you follow the guide from Apple?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5-Clover
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Have you follow the guide from Apple?

I feel so stupid. It never even came to my mind that such a thing might exist!

Can't test it now because my GPU is away for a month and the iGPU is disabled. Or can I just plug in the GTX 770??

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I feel so stupid. It never even came to my mind that such a thing might exist!

Can't test it now because my GPU is away for a month and the iGPU is disabled. Or can I just plug in the GTX 770??
GTX 770 should work natively.