Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
Quick update, I got The Titan Ridge Card in today after scrambling to find the extra power adaptors for my PSU to add the extra power needed for this card and finally plugged it all in. (Unlike the Alpine Ridge which I returned. Unfortunately, this thing has an extra USB connection as well as the power.) I tried inserting these patched SSDT files, and, while it shows up in my PCI section of about this machine, none of the ports work? I updated from F10 to F11 with no luck. I have a friend who has a Z390 Designeer board and his works flawlessly? Hotplug, etc., all functional. Think I should just get that board and see if I can make it run there. I'm batting 0 on this effort. Everyone said it was tough, but, oh my gosh, this is aggravating beyond belief!
My Titan Ridge card is in slot 4. I don't think you have to attach the USB. I'm using mine only for Thunderbolt connectivity. Remember that you have to activate the Thunderbolt card in Windows first: You have to load the driver from the optical disk that came with the card. (Or download the right one from GigaByte.) See page 1 of this guide and setup your BIOS. I have one BIOS setting for Windows and one for the Hack. I never boot into my Windows SSDs while OS X SSDs are attached. Here are the Titan Ridge patches for this Z370 build:

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5
@SebErr I'm one the latest - F7 BIOS.

@SebErr and @borob120 I tend not to use external drives, but for a experiment and I removed one of my SSD's and tried sleep with it plugged in. Yep, I'm getting the dreaded 'Disk Not Ejected Properly' message upon rebooting.

With a bit of further investigation, I have found that this is a problem for Mac users as well as Hackintosh users alike. There is a few scripts that are on various forums including this one that purport to fix this issue, but an elegant solution that has worked all day for me is an app called 'Jettison'. It has a free trial, and only costs $7.95 Australian dollars. I like to keep things simple and this app has been around since 2011(?) so it's quite mature, so I bought it. No problems now!

I've also nearly finished documenting the SSDT for the USB, but I discovered while testing today that I was wrong to say you don't need this. You do need to use the PMHeart patch for 10.13.6 to open up all 26 USB ports. So if you haven't already, include this in the KextsToPatch section of your Clover config.plist, do so:

Code:
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
Replace: 837D880F 90909090 9090
Comment: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.13.x
I've ordered a Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Version 2 card today. I'll report back later next week when it arrives. I don't have any TB3 devices ATM, but will eventually be buying an eGPU enclosure, but I guess I can see if it can talk to my USB devices until then.

Lastly if you are after the USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB cable, type this into eBay or Amazon etc... '0.5m USB3.1 Front Panel Header Type-E to USB-C Type-C Female Extension Cord Wire'. Very cheap, and will give you another 10Mbit USB 3.1 Gen 2 port.
I'm currently prepping my SSDT. I'm on 10.14.5, and I'm trying to get my 3 USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to show up. Am I understanding you correctly that there is a patch to open up these 3.1 Gen 2 ports?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone! Sorry for my English.
I have the same configuration as the @JimmakoS user. I have just installed Catalina 10.15.3. Everything works perfectly except sleep. When I try to sleep the system, it properly enters sleep (motherboard LEDs, USB power, disks, screen and fans shut down), but after ~ 2 seconds it turns back on and displays the lock screen. I thank you in advance for your help.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone! Sorry for my English.
I have the same configuration as the @JimmakoS user. I have just installed Catalina 10.15.3. Everything works perfectly except sleep. When I try to sleep the system, it properly enters sleep (motherboard LEDs, USB power, disks, screen and fans shut down), but after ~ 2 seconds it turns back on and displays the lock screen. I thank you in advance for your help.
You have problem with your USB mapping. Try to fix it with Hackintool.

Motherboard
HP-AB030TX
CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
HD5500
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Do you have at ACPI/patched the SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX files? I am confused if they needed for Catalina to work.
Something about renaming EC devices. I found https://floppyblog.com/common-problems-and-workarounds-in-hackintosh/

I already have these files
View attachment 430056
The Floppyblog link has been updated to Kextcache,

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Yes, I have those files because I'm using JimmakoS's EFi which works perfectly but not sleep

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Awesome! I'm planning to build a system with these configurations (only with an i9 and Z390 Ultra).

My question is, does anybody have Thunderbolt 3 working? I want to put in a GC Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCI card. The reason is that I wanna use this Hackintosh for audio editing/production in combination with my UAD Apollo 8 sound card that has Thunderbolt 2 on it. I saw this working on a Mac Pro 2012 with the same card.
So I am wondering if it will still work when using a Hackintosh.

Already checked all compatibility (hardware wise), and it should all be fine... so just software wise I am not sure if will work or not.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7 8700k @4.9GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Awesome! I'm planning to build a system with these configurations (only with an i9 and Z390 Ultra).

My question is, does anybody have Thunderbolt 3 working? I want to put in a GC Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCI card. The reason is that I wanna use this Hackintosh for audio editing/production in combination with my UAD Apollo 8 sound card that has Thunderbolt 2 on it. I saw this working on a Mac Pro 2012 with the same card.

Already checked all compatibility (hardware wise), and it should all be fine... so just software wise I am not sure if will work or not.
Better ask here:

Z390 is a bit different to Z370, but they have working onboard TB3 with the Z390 Designare!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS

Apollo 8 rack or is it a PCIe card?

Either build will work fine. Only the EFI will be different. Stick with Mojave. You'll have to turn on the Apollo about 12 seconds before you boot your hack. If you turn off the Apollo, you won't get it back until turn on the Apollo, wait 12 seconds, and reboot your hack. There is no Thunderbolt node nor hotswap/powerswap for hacks.

Get at least 32GB of 2666 MHz RAM if you can and just run it at 2666 MHz. I have two builds and I'm using the Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000W PS. LMK how it goes.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So, guys. I made a clean install to our motherboard to Catalina 10.15.0. I've changed the SMBIOS to 19.2 which is closier to 8700K.

What works? Pretty much everything.

• Audio with AppleALC.kext, at config.plist, layout "11" and reset HDA.
  • WiFi and Bluetooth - DW1560 card, with necessary kexts.
  • iMessage - Facetime
  • Hand off
  • Both Ethernet cards with intelmausiethernet.kext and atherosE2200.kext
  • RX 580 and Intel HD 630 connected to LG 4K monitor via DisplayPort and LG TV via HDMI with WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts.
  • All USB ports with custom SSDT file. I don't know about Type-C because I don't have any device to try one.
  • Shutdown with darkwake=8 at config.plist. I've delete darkwake option.
  • Sleep
  • Power Management
  • Quick Sync
  • AirPlay
  • Continuity
  • AirDrop
The method that I followed for clean install, is to create a bootable USB via Terminal with Catalina OS. Then I install latest clover bootloader and replaced the EFI folder with the one I have from Mojave installation.

When the installation completed, I installed all the necessary kexts with KextBeast to /Library/Extensions/ and the Clover bootloader to the main NVMe SSD. That was it.
Hi, I have Mojave installed on:
Z370 Gaming 5
i7-8700
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

I would like to have a clean installation of Catalina.
What steps I have to do?