Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey jamesst20!
I was wondering weather your rx580 Gaming worked right away?
Because I have the Aorus rx580 (8GB) and I always get this bug when booting into Mac OS High Sierra. Blackscreen, fanstop LED comes on and weird colors. Without the card the system works fine.
I just can't figure it out myself! Do you have any idea what I could do about this?
Cheers :)
Post your EFI maybe something is not right in it.

Post your EFI maybe something is not right in it.
This might seem a little stupid but I was still on 10.13.1 Once I updated to 10.13.4 it worked right away!!
Thanks for helping anyway I appreciate it.

hi, I am using the same mobo and cpu with 14.2.
But I can not use the attached SSDT-UIAC. Nothing happens. No usb at all.
I tried the jnobody ssdt file as I prefer to disable HS2 and have my BT on HS11.
Nothing again.
My IORegistryExplorer at XHC@14 shows device id afa2. is this the same as yours?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 13.46.45.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 13.46.45.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 292
Hey man! First of all, thx for your great work!

Im having a issue with my audio: I havent front panel audio. I have 3 audio devices. The first one is the Internal Speakers (My rear audio) and the others didnt works.

Any advice?

Have you injected audio_id 11 and installed Lilu + AppleALC?

Hey jamesst20!
I was wondering weather your rx580 Gaming worked right away?
Because I have the Aorus rx580 (8GB) and I always get this bug when booting into Mac OS High Sierra. Blackscreen, fanstop LED comes on and weird colors. Without the card the system works fine.
I just can't figure it out myself! Do you have any idea what I could do about this?
Cheers :)

Yes it worked out of the box :) Still does on Mojave 10.14.

Hi, I followed your guide for USB and Audio fix but unfortunately both don't work. There are different kexts in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder (AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext). If I put in Terminal kextstat non of them are in the list. Could it be, that they are not loaded?This is my first Hackintosh.
Thank you for your help!

Sorry for the late reply, in Clover Configurator, go to System Parameters and set Inject Kext to yes. I am guessing the kexts in that folder are not being loaded. That should fix it. Otherwise install your kexts in /Library/Extensions but that should not be needed

hi, I am using the same mobo and cpu with 14.2.
But I can not use the attached SSDT-UIAC. Nothing happens. No usb at all.
I tried the jnobody ssdt file as I prefer to disable HS2 and have my BT on HS11.
Nothing again.
My IORegistryExplorer at XHC@14 shows device id afa2. is this the same as yours?

Mine looks different. Make sure you have USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext.

Also, my Bluetooth is being enabled by this SSDT. Are you sure you have the same motherboard?

Not sure that you need those files after you make the SSDT my USB works without them I only have the SSDT..

As far as I understand, the kext is meant to be used with the SSDT

Yea I guess your right, any chance you can modify the SSDT to enable HS12 and maybe the port next to it that you did not number if you know the number. And disable the port where the wifi went and maybe HS04/SS04? Someone else did this for me somewhere in this thread but when you use USBALL with it, the usb2 headers do not work.

Hi jamesst20, I can see that you couldn't test USB type C, at least properly. I've been following your guide and tested it with a few problems. If you can please watch my thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/problems-with-usb-type-c-gigabyte-auros-gaming-5.264479/ and share your understandings about the USB 3.1 and Type C controller of this specific motherboard. I really need to workaround this problem. Thanks in advanced.

October 10, 2018 : Clean installed Mojave 10.14 and everything is flawless if not better.
Misc : CloverConfigurator->SystemParameters->InjectKexts->Yes. For some reason it doesn't work on detect. Kexts in Other are being ignored.

Hi,
if you can send me PM or answer here please.

I have one Hackintosh with the same specs you have, but don't have and GPUs card only intel UHD 630

Full specs list
1x Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
1x Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
4x GSkill - (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
1x Samsung - 970 PRO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
1x Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
1 Crucial - 275 GB M.2 - 2280 Solid State Drive
Gigabyte - GTX 1070 Ti OC, but not using
1x Corsair ATX Mid Tower Case
1x Corsair - TXM Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Modular ATX Power Supply

What works

Everything works, with only a small problem when computer goes to standby /pause the mackintosh freezes.
I'm sending the edible flower and the clover.
Intel UHD 630 is working
Sleep & Deep Sleep (Out of the box, including FANs turned off)
Shutdown (Leave Fix Shutdown disabled and enable ErP in Bios. Shutdown is fine, leds turn off fine too)
Ethernet (Needs kext)
Bluetooth
USB 2.0 & 3.0 & 3.1 & Type-C

Problem solved.
Thanks any way! :p

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 151
  • config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Status