Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I see. I will probably go for the Samsung 960 with HFS soon. Will get back to you when I have new benchmark results.

By the way, I see you're using 4K. Sorry if it's off topic but could you recommend a good 4K monitor, as close as possible to an iMac display? After being used to a Retina screen, my eyes are hurting with this old 1050 display. :)

Sure, I got the LG 27UD68-W 27” 4K UHD monitor, I chose this one because I always loved the way LG screen looked to the eyes, but also because it has little to no bezel :) I know they also make 5k but they cost a lot and it's probably not worth it

Yes the USB 3.1 Hub with type-c is natively supported and not part of the Intel controller. These port should always be working even if the others are not because it is not affected by USBInjectAll and the SSDT.

I am glad my SSDT could help others :)

For the Samsung 960 EVO, they do work out of the box, I did not do anything special, it is just as if they were normal SATA SSD.

For the speed, it varies. I believe they should benchmark much more in some parts, and this might be because I am using APFS. Would you mind benchmarking your SSD with the same software and settings (1x 1GB) (see attachment) of my screenshot ?
View attachment 326889

Intel 760p 256G m.2.
The result is pretty close to your's, which differs from hackyomac's by two orders of magnitude! That shouldn't be normal, I think maybe there's some caching or something making the difference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 6.34.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 6.34.34 PM.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Intel 760p 256G m.2.
The result is pretty close to your's, which differs from hackyomac's by two orders of magnitude! That shouldn't be normal, I think maybe there's some caching or something making the difference.

I don't know if columns exactly matches, but this is what I get in Windows

Windows 10 :
Benchmark Windows.png
Mac APFS :
APF Mac.png

Edit:

Mac HFSJ+
10.13.4 HFSJ+.png

Last edited:
Simplified audio instructions

James,

I've tested your settings to get the USB ports working on the gaming 5. I used a a 7200RPM USB3.0 drive for it. Here's my findings:

- The front USB3.0 ports work at the 'correct' speed (about 125MB/s write / read)
- All the back USB ports seem to work, though at a really slow transfer speed (about 35MB/s).
- I've also tried the USB3.1 (USB-C connection) port but it doesn't seem to work.

Tested with Blackmagic speed disk test.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, curious about your findings. This is what I did:
- Put the SSDT file in Clover/ACPI/patched
- Put the kexts in Clover/kexts/other (USBinjectall and XHCI-200-series)

James,

I've tested your settings to get the USB ports working on the gaming 5. I used a a 7200RPM USB3.0 drive for it. Here's my findings:

- The front USB3.0 ports work at the 'correct' speed (about 125MB/s write / read)
- All the back USB ports seem to work, though at a really slow transfer speed (about 35MB/s).
- I've also tried the USB3.1 (USB-C connection) port but it doesn't seem to work.

Tested with Blackmagic speed disk test.

Thank you for the feedback. I must admit I do not own fast USB 3.0 Hardware, I sadly can't benchmark their speed.

By the way, I dont know if it makes a difference, but I updated my attachment to include the new version of USBInjectAll and the 300 series injector

The result is pretty close to your's, which differs from hackyomac's by two orders of magnitude! That shouldn't be normal, I think maybe there's some caching or something making the difference

@zoujyjs I don't have an NVMe SSD such as @jamesst20 has (I assume you have an NVMe as well). I have a simple Samsung 850 EVO 2.5'' SATA3 SSD. That's why my results are that lower. It's still interesting that I have quite better write speeds at 4K and 4K QD32 metrics.

It only happened once to me, but I only have this build since like 3 weeks

Ok, so I have an update regarding the bluetooth issue. I got the same problem (bluetooth not working) a few times again in the last couple of days! It looks like it happens sometimes, after a restart. And the only way I have figured how to fix it, is if you turn off the computer, but also turn off the power supply completely for about 10 seconds (as long as it is needed for the motherboard leds to turn off). Then if you turn it on, it works again.

I am really curious if this behaviour is related to Hackintosh or it is a hardware problem. As mentioned before (and as observed by @jamesst20 as well) this happens in Windows as well, but I'm not sure if it is caused by Hackintosh. I would need to work exclusively on Windows (without booting into OSX at all) for a few days to figure that out, but I'll probably not bother.

Currently I have enabled all usb ports using FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, Raise Port Limit Patch, USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext. Everything is installed using Multibeast 10.2. So, with these patches I can confirm that the usb 3 speeds are all correct. I have attached the benchmarks. I will soon replace these patches with the SSDT and run the benchmarks again.

When you use an SSDT for usb, you should no longer need the kexts that you mention. These are only needed temporarily to help you create the SSDT. However, I wouldn't expect that to be the problem causing low speeds in your case.

EDIT: I realized the USBInjectAll kext is needed in any case. The SSDT is just a way to customize the behavior of USBInjectAll.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.14.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.14.52.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.23.25.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.23.25.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.31.09.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.31.09.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.48.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.48.05.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Currently I have enabled all usb ports using FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, Raise Port Limit Patch, USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext. Everything is installed using Multibeast 10.2. So, with these patches I can confirm that the usb 3 speeds are all correct. I have attached the benchmarks. I will soon replace these patches with the SSDT and run the benchmarks again.

When you use an SSDT for usb, you should no longer need the kexts that you mention. These are only needed temporarily to help you create the SSDT. However, I wouldn't expect that to be the problem causing low speeds in your case.

Wow thank you very much for thess! I do not own fast USB 3.0 devices to benchmark sadly.

I just want to let you know something though. You don't need any Kexts at all to enable all USB Ports. Only the 10.13.4 patch by PMHeart is required.

USBInjectAll is meant to work with the SSDT if I understood properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back